Official 2010 Off Season Thread

Now that the cup has been awarded to the Windy City, let the second season start...Draft, free agency and loads of transactions are about to begin.The fun part is about to begin.

• Replies 714
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you passing on the first round of the draft too? :club:
no because I believe we will be involved heavily...Burke will make a trade or two on draft day...i really find this part of the season interesting. As much as I hate the salary cap, it makes things in the off season very interesting..For example there is no way the September lineup of the Blackhawks will be the same as last night...
no because I believe we will be involved heavily...Burke will make a trade or two on draft day...i really find this part of the season interesting. As much as I hate the salary cap, it makes things in the off season very interesting..For example there is no way the September lineup of the Blackhawks will be the same as last night...
I think Sharp will be gone and Huet will be in the AHL. Not sure if that's enough though...haven't checked the numbers.After a quick look at www.nhlnumbers.com ...Bye Madden.Bye Johnsson.Bye Boynton.I think they may also try to unload Versteeg. Versteeg or Sharp ending up in Toronto would not surprise me.
I think Sharp will be gone and Huet will be in the AHL. Not sure if that's enough though...haven't checked the numbers.After a quick look at www.nhlnumbers.com ...Bye Madden.Bye Johnsson.Bye Boynton.I think they may also try to unload Versteeg. Versteeg or Sharp ending up in Toronto would not surprise me.
I bet some teams are lining up for Hossa...It guarantees you a trip to the finals.. :club: They are at $63 million with only 4 dman and only Huet signed...

Ya it's gotta get messy in Chicago. They got a few contracts that kick in next year and are gonna have to make some big moves to stay under that cap.

Fingers crossed for another year for Selanne, even if that would severely screw over my cap situation in the FCHL. Also, fingers crossed for Babchuk, but recent reports have his signing as a done deal.

Yay Jason Williams will not be offered a contract in Detroit. (Should have never had one last season)Meh, Bertuzzi has been offered a 2 year contract.

just read that Toews winning the Conn Smythe earned him a $1.3 million bonus..Since they were at the cap it will count against next years cap..So $1.3 million comes off the top..Thats the salary of a decent 4th liner.

Odds to win Stanley Cup 2011... CHI Blackhawks +450 WAS Capitals +500 PIT Penguins +700 DET Redwings +900 PHL Flyers +900 SJ Sharks +1100 VAN Canucks +1200 LA Kings +1400 BOS Bruins +2000 MON Canadiens +2000 PHX Coyotes +2200 NJ Devils +2200 BUF Sabres +2500 OTT Senators +2800 ANA Ducks +2800 NAS Predators +2800 CAL Flames +3300 COL Avalanche +3300 DAL Stars +5000 TB Lightning +5000 STL Blues +5000 NY Rangers +6600 FLA Panthers +6600 CAR Hurricanes +6600 TOR M Leafs +8000 NY Islanders +8000 ATL Thrashers +8000 MIN Wild +8000 CLB Bluejackets +10000 EDM Oilers +10000

Madness.For Lars Eller and Ian Schultz.Schultz played a couple games on my summer hockey team a few summers ago. Other than that, I know nothing about him. Eller is supossed to be pretty awesome, but he was supposed to make the blues this past year too, and failed to do so. Haven't watched him play at all.

Damn. Jaroslav Halak traded to St. Louis!
JAW DROP!wow. I didnt see that coming.I got the text, but the TSN site seems to be crashing/not opening. Hab fans are flooding the site for WHY!?!?!?I like Eller. But why does TSN keep calling him a D? Am I missing something?
pretty shocked that they didnt get at least cole instead of schultz
yeah, something like that would have made a lot more sense.I wonder who Montreal gets to "backup" Price.