i wish i could find a bet here, but can i?Full Tilt Poker $0.05/$0.10 Limit Hold'em - 4 players - View hand 600594The Official DeucesCracked.com Hand History ConverterPre Flop: (1.4 SB) Hero is SB with A :qh K :jh1 fold, BTN calls, Hero raises, BB calls, BTN callsFlop: (6 SB) A :ts 5 :club: J :4h(3 players)Hero bets, BB calls, BTN callsTurn: (4.5 BB) 4 :3h(3 players)Hero checks, BB checks, BTN bets, Hero raises, BB folds, BTN callsRiver: (8.5 BB) 2 :5c(2 players)Hero (wishes he could bet)

hoping he is betting worse. been noticing this is a big problem in my game to be honest

hoping he is betting worse. been noticing this is a big problem in my game to be honest
Name one worse hand that he bets the river with, that won't call if you bet the river.
Name one worse hand that he bets the river with, that won't call if you bet the river.
i know i know great point. this is a clear leak in my game and im am trying to fix it. great point. aahh

I agree with a bet on the turn and then bet fold on the river. Calling the river raise getting 10.5/1 odds is pointless if your never good. Any thoughts?

I agree with a bet on the turn and then bet fold on the river. Calling the river raise getting 10.5/1 odds is pointless if your never good. Any thoughts?
At these stakes, I'd probably call. These players are pretty retarded. But can't fault any1 for folding.
  • 4 weeks later...

On this river I would usually bet call and never bet fold unless I have a specific read on an opponent that he can never be bluffing.In a vacuum while you may do all your range calculations and say that folding if raised on the river is a positive EV play on this hand it really sets you up poorly from an image standpoint. I know this is micro stakes and nobody may pay any attention to image but the last thing as you move up that you want to be is the guy who makes good folds. If I have a read on somebody that they are capable of making the big or good fold then it`s yum yum time and you`re going to be put in a lot of tough spots.Combine that with the fact that so many random players will spew raise a scary board and you really should call if raised on this and most rivers.I don`t think it would work in this spot but you would be surprised how many bluffs you can induce with check calls at the right time.

you shouldn't even feel like this is a bad river. if the button has you beat he probably did on the turn. still, you should bet/call this like some clever simile.