kansas city lowball's online debut!

Hi all:King of the off Deuce from RGP here. Not sure if this is the right place for this, if not, please let me know, but here goes:After a few months of begging and pleading and a show of interest on RGP, GamesGrid has decided to spread Kansas City Lowball in tournament format. They've given us the first crack at a tournament, so I've set one up for tomorrow night.What: $10 + $1 No Limit Deuce to Seven Lowball, AKA Kansas City LowballWhere: GamesGridWhen: 8/4/05 - 10:00 PM and that's eastern standard time.We will have a $200 addon to the prize pool!In honor of the team from the town in name of the game, the password is OkoyeMy GamesGrid UID is pb9617, remember me during the signup process!Even if you don't, please come on out and give KCL a shot in it's debut online!If you have any questions about GG or KCL, let me know.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi all:King of the off Deuce from RGP here. Not sure if this is the right place for this, if not, please let me know, but here goes:After a few months of begging and pleading and a show of interest on RGP, GamesGrid has decided to spread Kansas City Lowball in tournament format. They've given us the first crack at a tournament, so I've set one up for tomorrow night.What: $10 + $1 No Limit Deuce to Seven Lowball, AKA Kansas City LowballWhere: GamesGridWhen: 8/4/05 - 10:00 PM and that's eastern standard time.We will have a $200 addon to the prize pool!In honor of the team from the town in name of the game, the password is OkoyeMy GamesGrid UID is pb9617, remember me during the signup process!Even if you don't, please come on out and give KCL a shot in it's debut online!If you have any questions about GG or KCL, let me know.
Uh, yeah I have a question: What's the 'stop and go' all about? ;-) j/kVery cool thing you did getting all this running KotoD. I'm impressed with GG's willingness to accomodate RGP on this, and on the RGP Open. I still haven't even checked out the software yet, but I'll make sure to use you as the referral. Heh, Fell will get enough people signing up via him already, so I'll go through you.Patrick

this is GREAT!king of the off duece, i've read a bunch of your posts on RGP, and i know you're a respected poster. i remember reading your first post on 2+2 about the pokerstars multiple-people-to-the-hand issue and how you got flamed to no extent, and i thought that was pathetically sad on 2+2's part.hopefully FCP doesn't treat you the same way.thanks for the news, and that's awesome that you guys were able to pull this off. feel free to post more, especially in the Strategy forum.aseem

this is GREAT!king of the off duece, i've read a bunch of your posts on RGP, and i know you're a respected poster. i remember reading your first post on 2+2 about the pokerstars multiple-people-to-the-hand issue and how you got flamed to no extent, and i thought that was pathetically sad on 2+2's part.hopefully FCP doesn't treat you the same way.thanks for the news, and that's awesome that you guys were able to pull this off. feel free to post more, especially in the Strategy forum.aseem
Ha, I'd be interested to read a KotoD vs Smasharoo confrontation - RGP's resident cynic vs FCP's. :-) Oh, how the sarcasm-laced digs at each other would fly...Patrick
this is GREAT!thanks for the news, and that's awesome that you guys were able to pull this off. feel free to post more, especially in the Strategy forum.aseem
You don't want strategy from me :club: The extent of my experience is home games and thousands of hands dealt to myself on my living room floor.Actually, I hope to hold one of these every week, so maybe the strategy forum will light up with KCL posts.
Ha, I'd be interested to read a KotoD vs Smasharoo confrontation - RGP's resident cynic vs FCP's. :-) Oh, how the sarcasm-laced digs at each other would fly...Patrick
as a longtime lurker of rgp, KotD would smash, smash(yes, pun intended, it just had to happen :-) )anyway. I have one word for this: SWEEEEEEEETTTTTTTthanks for the HU, KotD
anyway. I have one word for this: SWEEEEEEEETTTTTTTthanks for the HU, KotD
No problem, just make sure you're there at 10 PM tomorrow. Bring a friend or two.And lose to me.
As far as FCP, we would love to see you stay KotoD!
Ha, that's funny. As it just so happens, RGP has KotoD on the trading block. Of course for a poster of his talents (sarcasm, organizing events, etc etc), we'd only consider moving him for considerable talent. Normally, we wouldn't consider trading a poster of KotoD's obvious talents, but recently he has been feuding with the railbird's beloved Fell Knight, and we can't have that sort of disharmony on our newsgroup. ;-)In other words, Fell is pulling a Kobe and running Shaq (Kotod) out of town. All kidding aside, KotoD is a wonderful addition to any poker forum. You might get a sarcastic response, but you guys should be used to that by now with Smash. :-) KotoD is also the world's only known 'human RGP archive', so that comes in handy. If something was discussed in the past, he'll remember it, and provide a link (as well as a snide remark about learning to use google.)Patrick
All kidding aside, KotoD is a wonderful addition to any poker forum. You might get a sarcastic response, but you guys should be used to that by now with Smash. :-) KotoD is also the world's only known 'human RGP archive', so that comes in handy. If something was discussed in the past, he'll remember it, and provide a link (as well as a snide remark about learning to use google.)Patrick
So I can post links to the archives in a second forum?!?!AND I can tell people to use google?SAHUHWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET

looks like i can't make the tourney tomorrow. the girlfriend is making me take her out. :club: there are going to be more of these, i presume?aseem

very cool. I wonder how much of GamesGrid's community is made up of backgammon/poker players? for such a new site, they've been making some pretty player friendly decisions and innovations. And by player I mean people who really play poker.oh, I don't read RGP very often, and usually it is via referral. It'd be good to see KotoD on FCP - if only to post a "hey look at this RGP thread".

Very cool - I'll try to be there for the tourney tomorrow night. I love KCL. If anyone is signing up for Games Grid and would like to list me as their referral, I would greatly appreciate it. My Games Grid username is DroogieThanks! :-)

we'll hook you up with an alf13 and a teneight to be named later for kotod. that work?
Thats cold.I woulda offered a FoxwoodsPro, a JFarrell20, and a 2nd round draft pick. You know basically what the Heat gave up for Posey, Williams, and Walker.
we'll hook you up with an alf13 and a teneight to be named later for kotod. that work?
Thats cold.I woulda offered a FoxwoodsPro, a JFarrell20, and a 2nd round draft pick. You know basically what the Heat gave up for Posey, Williams, and Walker.
cmon, we know that RGP folk are more intelligent than danny ferry etc....they wouldn't fall for that.now if we wanted to ship jfarrell and a screenshot of stacked for paul pierce and a couple first rounders, i'm sure that's doable.
looks like i can't make the tourney tomorrow. the girlfriend is making me take her out. :club: there are going to be more of these, i presume?aseem
I'm hoping to make this a weekly occurrance, but it depends on turnout and interest, of course.
very cool. I wonder how much of GamesGrid's community is made up of backgammon/poker players? for such a new site, they've been making some pretty player friendly decisions and innovations. And by player I mean people who really play poker.oh, I don't read RGP very often, and usually it is via referral. It'd be good to see KotoD on FCP - if only to post a "hey look at this RGP thread".
They realize their shortcomings and are really going all out to improve the site. I bugged them constantly for KCL for about two months. They finally said "Show us interest", and I did with a few posts on RGP. Next thing you know, they've got tournaments. If these go well, I think they'll spread rings.As for the second part, am I that pigeon-holed? Am I only good for a link?
cmon, we know that RGP folk are more intelligent than danny ferry etc....they wouldn't fall for that.
You overestimate RGP.
nah...remember, i'm the one that got bashed for introducing myself :)you overestimate danny ferry.
cmon, we know that RGP folk are more intelligent than danny ferry etc....they wouldn't fall for that.
You overestimate RGP.
it's funny how correct you are.RGP is.....40% spam30% donks20% gossip10% contentno offense, of course.aseem
As for the second part, am I that pigeon-holed? Am I only good for a link?
:club::D:D this cracked me up for some strange reason.aseem