How To Start A Bankroll Again?

Hi guys haven't posted in the forum in a while so flame away.I played poker seriously for about 2 years but have taken a LONG time off. I was thinking I might get back into it but am short on money right now. I remember when I was playing there were sites like instant bankroll, power player free 25 dollar chip, and a bunch of other sites that gave free money. I did a bit of searching on the net and could not find much. I know that I am not a bad player but at this point I have little to know discretionary income. I know I can play freerolls which I have and have gotten deep in a couple but no cashes. My past results in MTT have showed that I can do fairly well. I have won 3 MTT on full tilt. I won a live tournament for 2600 about 2 years ago and I faired ok in cash games when I did not tilt. I have missed out on stakes because no one wants to back me due to my lack of posts. Any options or do I have to just suck it up and not do anything?

Hi guys haven't posted in the forum in a while so flame away.I played poker seriously for about 2 years but have taken a LONG time off. I was thinking I might get back into it but am short on money right now. I remember when I was playing there were sites like instant bankroll, power player free 25 dollar chip, and a bunch of other sites that gave free money. I did a bit of searching on the net and could not find much. I know that I am not a bad player but at this point I have little to know discretionary income. I know I can play freerolls which I have and have gotten deep in a couple but no cashes. My past results in MTT have showed that I can do fairly well. I have won 3 MTT on full tilt. I won a live tournament for 2600 about 2 years ago and I faired ok in cash games when I did not tilt. I have missed out on stakes because no one wants to back me due to my lack of posts. Any options or do I have to just suck it up and not do anything?
If I was hourly that would work so much better. I am in sales and on a commission scale.

What stakes were you playing before? Do you know your approximate win rate?

Put $50 online. Play $2.25 one table sit n go's till you get to $100. Move up to $5.50 one table sit n go's. When you get to $200 move up to $11 sit n go's. And so forth and so on till you tp/mm.
This is what I'd suggest. In college, I'd put $50 into my account each paycheck, but usually blow it all cause I sucked. Once I got better and more disciplined, it wasnt hard to turn $50 into $100, etc, etc
If I was hourly that would work so much better. I am in sales and on a commission scale.
Live I was playing 1/2 NL. Online .25/.50 NL and .50/1.00 NL. I had so much money coming in and out between online and live that I did not calculate a win rate. I was a winning player for a long time and then hit a patch where variance killed me and bills piled up, so I had to quit (damn divorce).I just want to get in cheap and see if I can get some scratch together. I am not the guy who is going to be on here begging for stakes, so I was wondering if there were any sites like instant bankroll. Last time I played live was about 6 weeks ago. 1/2 NL ended up playing for 3 hours and cashing out for up 500. Other than that I have not played much except play money.
Live I was playing 1/2 NL. Online .25/.50 NL and .50/1.00 NL. I had so much money coming in and out between online and live that I did not calculate a win rate. I was a winning player for a long time and then hit a patch where variance killed me and bills piled up, so I had to quit (damn divorce).I just want to get in cheap and see if I can get some scratch together. I am not the guy who is going to be on here begging for stakes, so I was wondering if there were any sites like instant bankroll. Last time I played live was about 6 weeks ago. 1/2 NL ended up playing for 3 hours and cashing out for up 500. Other than that I have not played much except play money.
You'll be an even more profitable poker player as soon as you get some change together, because I've said it before, women are -EV.
I know I know BBFIDTS. I had a large roll going back in November of 2005. It was the weekend of Thanksgiving and I was playing the new 1/2 NL game at my local B&M. Well the play was atrocious. People had no clue what they were doing and I had consecutive nights where I booked a 1200 and a 1300 dollar win on a 100 dollar buy in. Well the next night I played in the same game and managed to win 150 dollars or so. As I was leaving one of the guys I know talked me into playing the 115 dollar buy in tournament, which I ended up winning for 2600. So that is 5K in 3 nights. Well I had a couple of big scores and was up to almost 8K ish when I told my ex wife (married at the time) that I was leaving her. Well little did I know that she was going to get into the money box and take all the cash, empty the bank account and pretty much take everything that I had in a matter of 2 hours. Ever since then I went from having a decent bankroll to struggling just to make ends meet. Now I am up and back on my feet (meaning all bills are paid). I was thinking about getting back into the game, but I guess there might not be any free money out there anymore.
I know I know BBFIDTS. I had a large roll going back in November of 2005. It was the weekend of Thanksgiving and I was playing the new 1/2 NL game at my local B&M. Well the play was atrocious. People had no clue what they were doing and I had consecutive nights where I booked a 1200 and a 1300 dollar win on a 100 dollar buy in. Well the next night I played in the same game and managed to win 150 dollars or so. As I was leaving one of the guys I know talked me into playing the 115 dollar buy in tournament, which I ended up winning for 2600. So that is 5K in 3 nights. Well I had a couple of big scores and was up to almost 8K ish when I told my ex wife (married at the time) that I was leaving her. Well little did I know that she was going to get into the money box and take all the cash, empty the bank account and pretty much take everything that I had in a matter of 2 hours. Ever since then I went from having a decent bankroll to struggling just to make ends meet. Now I am up and back on my feet (meaning all bills are paid). I was thinking about getting back into the game, but I guess there might not be any free money out there anymore.
There should be a movie made after this.
Are you intentionally quoting yourself to make a disguised narration of your poker life?
DUMBASS!!! Let your lawyer tell her when YOU have the money!!!

Deposit some money, and grind a roll together. I'm at $600 from $50 a couple months ago (a bet with a friend following proper BR principles). It can be done. Failing that, keep playing the freerolls, and look for stakes. There are a lot of 4.40 stakes given out on this forum, but you have to be a part of the FCP community (be it post counts, or just overall activity level) in order to be considered trustworthy. If I play tonight, and if you're on, I'd stake you. In fact, if I post anything after 7PM eastern tonight, and you reply to it, I'll stake you in a 4.40/180 man tournament for 50% no cash back.

sucks about your exwife.... maybe it was worth the funds to get rid of her.... you could start stripping for poker money.... chip n dales??

sucks about your exwife.... maybe it was worth the funds to get rid of her.... you could start stripping for poker money.... chip n dales??
Actually I thought about becoming a may model. But that took a dive when I finally realized that I was not very good looking.
Put $50 online. Play $2.25 one table sit n go's till you get to $100. Move up to $5.50 one table sit n go's. When you get to $200 move up to $11 sit n go's. And so forth and so on till you tp/mm.
Srsly! It's that easy!

From: West Des Moines, IAZOMG! HOWDY FELLOW IOWAN.I live in JTown.I think SNG's are the easiest and most sure way to build a roll but it's def. a grind. MTT's if you're looking for a good score but it may take awhile.

I stumbled across this website today. Your Poker Cash. I have not used it, but it looks like a way to start playing online without having to deposit.If you try it out, let me know. Also, the above link has a referral code in it. (Again I haven't used it, but why not try to make some money off of it.)Good luck.- - - Women, you can't live with them, pass the beer nuts - - - Norm from Cheers!

Whats up man, long time no see.Man those were the good day at that room. I think the limit games are far more profitable over time there now. I'm in a similar situation as you, had a bunch of bills pile up and my roll disappeared, now I'm rebuilding via SNG's and SH limit games on Stars. Haven't been out to PM since before I went to Vegas a couple months ago.
Why do men say the words, "I want a divorce" without first having the answer "I dunno" ready for the question, "Where's all the money?"Anyway ... go to Council Blufffs, Riverside and Harrahs in KC --- total bankroll builders. Forget about the $1/$2 at PM. Seriously. No money to be made there. Most players there are tight tight tight, and you just end up losing to the rake.If you're as good as you say, maybe I'll stake you somewhere and we'll see what happens. (Have to lift up my fallen fellow Iowan)
Put $500 on Bodog when the NFL season starts up and win a few easy teasers - instabankroll of like $1500 and go from there.
PM me in 78 days and I'll stake you in a MTT on FTP....J