Favorite Poker Quotes

I like the quote from the movie Rounders: "Here's the thing. If you can't spot the sucker in your first 30 minutes at the table, he's sitting in your chair."

I like the quote from the movie Rounders: "Here's the thing. If you can't spot the sucker in your first 30 minutes at the table, he's sitting in your chair."
That isn't a quote from Rounders. You got the general point across, but not a quote.
Don't remember exactly, but when Naismith mentioned that any preflop hand is 50/50 against another.."Either I win or I lose, it's 50/50"
Was it on a WSOP telecast?
Mike McDermott: Listen, here's the thing. If you can't spot the sucker in the first half hour at the table, then you ARE the sucker. This is taken from your link you gave. Hence, what you said was not a quote.Everybody to gmanshade when he enters a quarter tournament on stars: "Where did you come up with the scratch for that? You've been rolling fags in the Village again, haven't you?"
Mike McDermott: Listen, here's the thing. If you can't spot the sucker in the first half hour at the table, then you ARE the sucker. This is taken from your link you gave. Hence, what you said was not a quote.
haha geeze give me a break, i didnt remember the exact words off the top of my head sorry... wow you guys are harsh lolthanks for pointing out my mistake though

I made this one up, so obv bragaments, but when someone is running unusually lucky, I'll type/say:"Looks like we know who blew the leprechaun before this one."It's always good for a few LOLs...

I made this one up, so obv bragaments, but when someone is running unusually lucky, I'll type/say:"Looks like we know who blew the leprechaun before this one."It's always good for a few LOLs...
So a penquin is driving down the road and he hears some funny noise coming from the engine. So he goes to a mechanic and asks him to look at it." Give me about a half an hour and I'll figure out what's wrong." Says the mechanic.So the penquin heads across the street and gets an ice cream cone.But because he's got short little flippers he makes a total mess of himself. He heads back over to the mechanic and the guy says: "Looks like you blew a seal."No, no, this is just ice cream" Says the penquin
So a penquin is driving down the road and he hears some funny noise coming from the engine. So he goes to a mechanic and asks him to look at it." Give me about a half an hour and I'll figure out what's wrong." Says the mechanic.So the penquin heads across the street and gets an ice cream cone.But because he's got short little flippers he makes a total mess of himself. He heads back over to the mechanic and the guy says: "Looks like you blew a seal."No, no, this is just ice cream" Says the penquin
That joke doesn't work when you have to 'read" it. It's better "told".
Don't remember exactly, but when Naismith mentioned that any preflop hand is 50/50 against another.."Either I win or I lose, it's 50/50"
:D:club: