i have an internet date with a phlebotomist tonight

I only have 1 pic to go by so I'm not sure as to her looks. She just moved from Fla to Ky and is going on a job interview today. She wants to go to an Irish pub for drinks tonight, hopefully to celebrate the new job. She left Florida cause she caught her ex nailing some young chick. She likes 80's rock and doesn't like opera.So the question is, is the probability of nailing her the first night EV+ or EV-?Should I fold preflop? Should I take the tight aggressive approach and just get her drunk and try to nail her despite her looks? I could take the weak/tight approach if she's hot and pretend to be a nice guy for a few dates before I try and nail her.Since phlebotomists draw blood, should I be concerned at the my odds?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are phlebotomists the ones who have sex with trees?If she gets the job, then gets drunk, in that order, your odds are good. If she doesn't get the job, then gets drunk, your odds are bad. My money's on you wishing you hadn't accepted the date within 10 minutes though...how many hot phlebotomists could there be in the world that are single because their husband traded in for a younger model? You should definitely set up a buddy to give you the half hour "emergency" phone call, just in case.

I only have 1 pic to go by so I'm not sure as to her looks.  She just moved from Fla to Ky and is going on a job interview today.  She wants to go to an Irish pub for drinks tonight, hopefully to celebrate the new job.  She left Florida cause she caught her ex nailing some young chick.  She likes 80's rock and doesn't like opera.So the question is, is the probability of nailing her the first night EV+ or EV-?Should I fold preflop?  Should I take the tight aggressive approach and just get her drunk and try to nail her despite her looks?  I could take the weak/tight approach if she's hot and pretend to be a nice guy for a few dates before I try and nail her.Since phlebotomists draw blood, should I be concerned at the my odds?
I think folding p/f is too weak of a play here. I think we need to see a flop in this situation to gather further information I think the TAG approach would be to take her on a normal date, then try to get her back to your place, and is decent, as long as you don't commit your entire stack just to pick up a small pot. (one night stand)LAG would be getting her blasted and doing it in the cab :club: But again, you run the risk of commiting more than the pot is worth.weak/tight is a good strategy if you're looking to play a long term session, and don't want your table image to become tarnished early on by getting your hand caught in the proverbial cookie jar.I suggest a "small ball" approach. Small and frequent "information" bets to see where you stand. Then once you've gathered enough information from your opponent, rely on your read to make your decision on how to play it.As far as your odds are concerned, again, it all depends on your read. Use your information bets to figure out where you stand. If you get met with a lot of resistance and action, you could be drawing slim, or dead, and should consider folding.p.s- this is the closest I've come to posting in strat in a while
Are phlebotomists the ones who have sex with trees?
No, thats a Ron Mexicotomist.I miss that dude, I got all excited when I saw he was posting yesterday afternoon, then he booked within the hour.
No, thats a Ron Mexicotomist.I miss that dude, I got all excited when I saw he was posting yesterday afternoon, then he booked within the hour.
I guess I hadn't noticed he was gone. Did he find God, or daytime employment?
Doublepost...this forum is weird today.
what do you mean?
what do you mean?
A little of both, I think.He's had a few posts lately that have stated that he is indeed busier and needs to focus more on work and less on FCP. I just took that to mean that his crack habit was becoming more and more time consuming.
A little of both, I think.He's had a few posts lately that have stated that he is indeed busier and needs to focus more on work and less on FCP. I just took that to mean that his crack habit was becoming more and more time consuming.
maybe he's getting more business fforhis male prostitution ring
I only have 1 pic to go by so I'm not sure as to her looks. She just moved from Fla to Ky and is going on a job interview today. She wants to go to an Irish pub for drinks tonight, hopefully to celebrate the new job. She left Florida cause she caught her ex nailing some young chick. She likes 80's rock and doesn't like opera.So the question is, is the probability of nailing her the first night EV+ or EV-?Should I fold preflop? Should I take the tight aggressive approach and just get her drunk and try to nail her despite her looks? I could take the weak/tight approach if she's hot and pretend to be a nice guy for a few dates before I try and nail her.Since phlebotomists draw blood, should I be concerned at the my odds?
I think folding p/f is too weak of a play here. I think we need to see a flop in this situation to gather further information I think the TAG approach would be to take her on a normal date, then try to get her back to your place, and is decent, as long as you don't commit your entire stack just to pick up a small pot. (one night stand)LAG would be getting her blasted and doing it in the cab :club: But again, you run the risk of commiting more than the pot is worth.weak/tight is a good strategy if you're looking to play a long term session, and don't want your table image to become tarnished early on by getting your hand caught in the proverbial cookie jar.I suggest a "small ball" approach. Small and frequent "information" bets to see where you stand. Then once you've gathered enough information from your opponent, rely on your read to make your decision on how to play it.As far as your odds are concerned, again, it all depends on your read. Use your information bets to figure out where you stand. If you get met with a lot of resistance and action, you could be drawing slim, or dead, and should consider folding.p.s- this is the closest I've come to posting in strat in a while
I really like this strategy. I'll throw out a bunch of small probing bets after a few beers to see how she'll respond. If I'm lucky she'll be "weak/tight" and I can score easily and it will be worth it. If whe's "weak/loose" then , well, it will still probably be worth it, just not as much...
I really like this strategy. I'll throw out a bunch of small probing bets after a few beers to see how she'll respond. If I'm lucky she'll be "weak/tight" and I can score easily and it will be worth it. If whe's "weak/loose" then , well, it will still probably be worth it, just not as much...
No offense, but if you use the method that you obtained from asking a crapload of dudes at a poker forum, and she falls for it, I highly doubt she will be weak-tight.

FWIW most internet first dates are feeling out sessions....no not like that. Usually it is like meeting the person for the first time and not a real first date. At least that's how it goes in NYC things may go differently in Kentucky.But if she does show interest on the flop and you think she has a big pair then push all-in, worst thing that happens is she sucks out on you. Even if she folds this hand, she might call you later.

No offense, but if you use the method that you obtained from asking a crapload of dudes at a poker forum, and she falls for it, I highly doubt she will be weak-tight.
http://www.sci-spot.com/Chemistry/chloroform.htm

Not long ago I dated a chemical engineer. I'm not terribly certain on this, but if there is any credit to my theory, science chicks bang like cymbols in an over worked marching band. For days.And in keeping with our strategy session and using the above as a guide, I'd say she's apt to make some move regardless of the board on 4th street. If you find even just a naked ace in the hole, it couldn't be too damaging to check/call this one all the way down.

Not long ago I dated a chemical engineer. I'm not terribly certain on this, but if there is any credit to my theory, science chicks bang like cymbols in an over worked marching band. For days.And in keeping with our strategy session and using the above as a guide, I'd say she's apt to make some move regardless of the board on 4th street. If you find even just a naked ace in the hole, it couldn't be too damaging to check/call this one all the way down.
don't quite get the reference here... :?