<<the Official 2009 Texas Rangers Thread >>

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Same team as always it seems. Great offense. No pitching. Finish right at about .500 probably.If they dream of contending in '09, they should make a major deal and trade some of that loaded offense for pitching. They won't do it though. They need to find at least three good starters from somewhere and a closer.....more bullpen help.

Same team as always it seems. Great offense. No pitching. Finish right at about .500 probably.If they dream of contending in '09, they should make a major deal and trade some of that loaded offense for pitching. They won't do it though. They need to find at least three good starters from somewhere and a closer.....more bullpen help.
I know..... but Nolan promised that changes are coming and if anyone knows baseball...especially pitching.... it's Nolan Ryan.*fingers crossed*
  • 2 weeks later...

Didn't think I would be saying this in December...but I'm ready for baseball season to start ! ! !I rode in a float in a Christmas parade last night with the Rangers mascot and it got me all pumped up for the season to start.PLAY BALL ! ! ! !I love that Miller High Life commercial where the guy goes into the luxury suites at the baseball game.

I'm jonesing (sp?) for some baseball too. Thank goodness for Baseball Mogul.
If you're ever in Texas, give me a shout and I can hook you up with some great seats at the Ballpark. Even if it is the Rangers.... baseball is fun from these seats.
If you're ever in Texas, give me a shout and I can hook you up with some great seats at the Ballpark. Even if it is the Rangers.... baseball is fun from these seats.
I was there for the Cotton Bowl in '05 (I think...Alabama vs. Texas Tech). Don't know when I'd ever go back.....but I'll keep it in mind. I actually kinda like the Rangers b/c I remember them playing in the very first interleague game against the Giants...back when I didn't follow much AL baseball.I hate to see them waste such a great offense with such an awful pitching staff though....they should trade either Salty or Teagarden for a SP..and probably do the same with another one of their good hitters.
I was there for the Cotton Bowl in '05 (I think...Alabama vs. Texas Tech). Don't know when I'd ever go back.....but I'll keep it in mind. I actually kinda like the Rangers b/c I remember them playing in the very first interleague game against the Giants...back when I didn't follow much AL baseball.I hate to see them waste such a great offense with such an awful pitching staff though....they should trade either Salty or Teagarden for a SP..and probably do the same with another one of their good hitters.
Funny you say that.... guess what just happened?Not Teagarden.... Not Salty... but Laird is gone.They acquired Minor League pitchers Guillermo Moscoso and Carlos Melo from the Tigers.Laird was trouble in the locker room... he and Salty never got along and Teagarden is the future.
  • 1 month later...

I was very excited to see this thread. Finally someone that like a crappy team even if they are really crappy. I read a rumor that the Rangers was on the top of the list for Ben Sheets. Then on sportscenter this morning I saw they had agreed to a two year deal pending the physical. During the physical they found some torn stuff in his shoulder and he is likely out all of 2009. We suck again. But I'll still be at the ball park at least a couple of times this year.Rangers' all time record when I am in attendance: 2-0

• 4 weeks later...

I don't like that we got rid of Laird. I'm a huge Rangers fan and always have been even though they make it very difficult not to hate them. I think Nolan Ryan knows what he is doing and i'm excited as always for the season. I'm always excited until the all star break when we fall apart completely. They will never go anywhere without much needed pitching and I hope I get to see that before I die.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
logo_torontobluejays.gifbring on the rangers Tuesday
  • 2 months later...
Any one think they are going to win this thing this year?
Kinda starting to think they could win the pennant.Series? ... probably not...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
two words! NEFTALI FELIZ
This guy, with his 3 posts, knew what the fuck he was talking about. I got lucky enough to snag Neftali in my fantasy league the day he got brought up. I'm in a holds league, and he's been beyond money. I love watching this guy pitch, and he's got stupid numbers. 22 innings, 28ks , 1 walk, .27 WHIP and one ER on a homer. Since Grady had a tough year, Neftali is my new crush.Don't sleep on the Rangers getting the division...coming into today only 3 games back of the Halo's, although beating up on Baltimore would help. They also got 7 games left versus LA, including 4 in the second to last series of the year.
  • 2 weeks later...

We have beaten the Red Sox...beaten the Yankees...beaten the Angels ... but we can't beat the Mariners or the A's when it matters.17 games over .500 and not going to make the playoffs*sigh*

• 2 months later...

If Greenberg ends up buying the team, Ryan would remain in his current role. If Gilbert's group buys the team, it's unlikely that Ryan would stay with the Rangers. This would snuff all hope of a pennant next year.Hicks needs to be totally out also.... he does nothing for the team. We really need an owner that cares about baseball....not a soccer lover that is $500 million in debt.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Riley Cooper should just go try and play football.As a baseball player, he hit .247 with two home runs and eight RBIs in 30 games. He hit .207 in 22 games in 2008. This summer he played for McKinney in the Texas Collegiate League and hit .182 with three home runs and eight RBIs in 44 games. So stop crying because the Texas Rangers didn't answer your Tweet and go play football.

• 2 weeks later...