august 10th negreanu open main event

OK the leaderboard website has been updated with the August 3rd tournament results (http://home.comcast.net/~fullcontactpoker/...eaderboard.html) and the August 10th tourney is now taking registrations.Negreanu Open Main Event Pokerstars Tourny/Private $10+$1 NLHE Wednesday August 10th at 21:00 PM EST Tourny ID - 10928561Tourny PW - fcpownednwpHere is a couple of points of interest and also a request for feedback. I am still waiting for Daniel's business team to contact me regarding if Daniel is going to be part of these events in the future.* Scottrude is still the overwhelming money leader* poguemahone01 is still the points leader* MikeRH is the highest on the leaderboard without cashing :club: * This weeks tourney had a tying record of 67 entrants and we have had a total of 251 unique FCP'ers play these tourneys to date.* We have had 562 buyins over the past 11 weeks contributing $562 in rake to PokerstarsOK now for feedback .....I am going to end the leaderboard stats at the end of this month. The August 31st tourney will be the last tourney for these running totals which means we have 4 more for this period.I will archive the leaderboard totals and start a new page with new stats that will run from September 1 - end of November (3 months) and reset the leaderboard stats every quarter (4 times a year).The top 9 points leaders from each quarter will be invited to a FCP championship tourney at the end of the last quarter of each year. We will have our first TOC (Tournament of Champions) at the end of the November results which will consist of 18 people (top 9 from this quarter and top 9 from next quarter). In the event someone can not participate the #10 person with the highest points will substitute and so on down the list until its full.Once we have a full year of tourneys the TOC will have 36 entrants. More then likely this will be a higher buyin event then $10. My initial thinking is minimum $20, maximum $50. I am hoping that Daniel will get involved and offer some FCP prizes, but if not thats OK and we will do it just for fun, money, and bragging rights.Once again, if you notice any errors in the leaderboard let me know. See you all next Wednesday!dna4ever

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:evil:Question: In theory, there will be 36 (9*4) for the championship, but what happens when the same people make the top 9 in multiple quarters?? Just go to #10 and so on, just like if they couldn't make it??

:evil:Question:  In theory, there will be 36 (9*4) for the championship, but what happens when the same people make the top 9 in multiple quarters??  Just go to #10 and so on, just like if they couldn't make it??
exactly, top 9 are auto entrants. if there are duplicates it would go to next highest in points for the year. In theory there could be a #13 from one quarter have more points then a #10 from another quarter and if that happens the #13 (higher points) would be invited first.
:evil:Question:  In theory, there will be 36 (9*4) for the championship, but what happens when the same people make the top 9 in multiple quarters??  Just go to #10 and so on, just like if they couldn't make it??
exactly, top 9 are auto entrants. if there are duplicates it would go to next highest in points for the year. In theory there could be a #13 from one quarter have more points then a #10 from another quarter and if that happens the #13 (higher points) would be invited first.
Good call. I'm glad you're in charge, I hate to think.

fyi, just talked to chris on daniels biz team and we are going to have a phone discussion about the future of these tournaments on Tuesday. I will of course keep you all posted with any developments.

Very cool, I've never deposited at stars but I'm itchin' to play in one of these events, maybe next week. How late do they usually last (Preferably EST)?

Yo DNA. i been meaning to play these but the times were always bad.But still. i'm still meaning to play. lol. I think i'll play the next one for sure.also.!.. Does a new point board start in september? did i read correctly?is it -EV for me to start playing now, should i just wait till september

Very cool, I've never deposited at stars but I'm itchin' to play in one of these events, maybe next week.  How late do they usually last (Preferably EST)?
This weeks has 67 entrants and lasted 2 hours 55 minutes :PokerStars Tournament #10659008, No Limit Hold'emBuy-In: $10.00/$1.0067 playersTotal Prize Pool: $670.00 Tournament started - 2005/08/03 - 21:00:00 (ET)Tournament finished - 2005/08/03 - 23:55:23 (ET)
Yo DNA. i been meaning to play these but the times were always bad.But still. i'm still meaning to play. lol. I think i'll play the next one for sure.also.!..  Does a new point board start in september? did i read correctly?is it -EV for me to start playing now, should i just wait till september
New point board in September yes, but you can still play. Odds of making top 9 by month end are probably not good, but definitely possible. First place points are usually like 160 or so depending on entrants and the points leader right now has around 520. You get a minimum of 20.11 points just for playing and coming in last place. Hope to see ya there.
I like that idea DNA sounds fun. Any thought to making an average points section on the leaderboard. Basically points earned divided by tournaments played.
That would be easy enough to do. I will start that on the stats for the next quarter.
Yo DNA. i been meaning to play these but the times were always bad.But still. i'm still meaning to play. lol. I think i'll play the next one for sure.also.!.. Does a new point board start in september? did i read correctly?is it -EV for me to start playing now, should i just wait till september
I've only played in 2 tourny's and I'm 50th in points... I'm prolly not as good as a lot of people around here, but I have a chance... I would do it if you could, it's fun!

I am glad this thing is starting over. I feel a run of 60th's coming on.... This tourney is so much fun for me, I really enjoy it. Until I pull some pokerstars bs on someone and they go through the roof. Don't hate the player, hate the game. So thanks again DNA for all of your work. It would be cool to get some acknowledgement from Daniel, but if not at least we all get to know eachother better. It is so much more gratifying to place in this tourney than any other I've been in... I know that I am playing players and not just gamblers....

Well since the BR on there is a little short at around $2.24 i dont have enough but i will try to get the rest from a friend so i can join the fun. Hope to see everyone there if i dont then gl to everyone involved.

Well since the BR on there is a little short at around $2.24  i dont have enough but i will try to get the rest from a friend so i can join the fun.  Hope to see everyone there if i dont then gl to everyone involved.
Seriously man as much as I would love to see you play, if you have to borrow money from a friend to play in a $10 'fun' tourney and your bankroll otherwise is $2.24, DO NOT PLAY hehe. Although there are only 4 people registered so your chances may be pretty good right now 8)

I was wondering if we could put a bounty on the leader "Scottrude". he's been playing so well it would be fun for everyone to try and knock him out. just a thought. nothing against scott of course even though i owe him a good SUCKOUT!!!!!!! :twisted:

Though I did cash in the FCP vs. NWP and the Full Tilt Tourney. Hey, maybe I am playing great poker. Nope I just get really lucky... The whole secret to my recent success is simply this. I LOVE to deliver nasty beats. Anyone can break someone with AA vs. KK, but not just anyone can deliver an A9 vs Ak suckout two times in one tourney. That takes special skills that cannot be taught or read in a book. I have been certified in burrofication. Which for your information is way worse (or better) than Donkification.

No dont get me wrong I am not that bad just cashed out over $2000 from there to change sites thats y the BR is so bad I just like writing that to make myself look worse than I am. Or maybe i am that bad but who cares.