staying off tilt

Wow, I can actually say I tilted today and really it doesn't happen often for me. First, it started with getting rivered like repeatedly on every table while I was multi-tabling, then I'd make a comeback and really felt like I was playing my A game and broke back even. I then proceeded to have a hotshot at my table talking smack every chance he got. Eventually, he started getting on my nerves while he was boasting about every great play he makes and talking trash everytime he rivered me. It started pissing me off and I got off playing my normal game and ended up with a terrible session. This made me reflect back on what I should have been doing. One, I shouldn't have been playing 4 shorthanded tables while this was going on and I also should have turned off my chat and ignored this guy. The temptation to talk smack back is very great, but I know this is one of the things I'm going to have to stop doing. It really throws me off my game to be concerned about chatting while playing multi-tables and playing my A game at the same time, it's simply impossible to do all this at once.I posted this to hopefully help everyone else as I'm sure somebody has this problem as well. The lesson learned is to not take the game personally ever, because it's impossible to be playing your best when your concerned with trying to beat a certain player in a pot each and every time. This is something I'll definitely be working on. Good Luck

"smack talk" is just as bad as "trash talk" and both make me want to stab you in the forehead.Having said that, I keep chat on, I've had a couple hands where reading the chat has really paid off for me. I know of a few players that seem to regularly give away their hands through chat which I log down in their notes.Otherwise, just turn it off. 4 tabling you shouldn't get boring and therefore make you start reading, especially shorthanded. Concentration is parament there.