kq off - 3 flush on board... huge pot

Guest Zach6668

Guest Zach6668

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (8 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cxPreflop: Hero is Button with K:diamond:, Q:heart:. 2 folds, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, CO calls.Flop: (9.33 SB) 4:spade:, Q:diamond:, 6:diamond: (4 players)MP1 bets, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, CO calls.Turn: (10.66 BB) T:diamond: (4 players)MP1 bets, MP2 folds, CO calls, Hero calls.River: (13.66 BB) 4:club: (3 players)MP1 bets, CO folds, Hero calls.Final Pot: 15.66 BBShould I fold this river? Raise the turn? I just turned into a calling station.

Nothing wrong with how you played it, no sense raising the turn, since you're getting 3-bet by better hands and all you have is a pair at this point along with the 2nd nut flush draw. The pot on the river is big and you're closing the action, pretty easy call getting such good odds. I don't see how a fold is even possible at this point personally.NH

Nothing wrong with how you played it, no sense raising the turn, since you're getting 3-bet by better hands and all you have is a pair at this point along with the 2nd nut flush draw. The pot on the river is big and you're closing the action, pretty easy call getting such good odds. I don't see how a fold is even possible at this point personally.NH

If villain never does anything out of line in multiway pots, then I really think you should at least consider folding the river. While other hands are possible, I find it hard to believe you're going to see a hand that you beat here more than 1/30 times, let alone the 1/15 you'd need to profitably call.I can't imagine I would've folded this at the table, though. But it hindsight, with at least a decent read that villain never makes "creative" plays in these situations, I think a fold would probably be the best play.

I want to raise that turn sooo bad. But that's almost as wrong as folding the river.
Whats wrong with raising the turnIf 3-bet we call and fold the river UI. If just called we get to see a free showdown UI and can bet the river if we improve.
I don't like putting in 3-bets on the turn.I don't like pushing people off hands we beat anyway.If we had the Ad, I would have more incentive to raise the turn.
and I don't like folding TP2K in 16 BB pots.
When you're beat you're beat. Doesnt matter if the pot is 8 bets or 20.If we get 3-bet on this turn i'd say we are never good on the river.But yea screech I agree that i'd probly be more likely to do it with the A :club: along with top pair rather then the K.
Guest Zach6668

I think this is the first hand that I've ever posted that pretty much everyone has agreed with.... :shock: I think I was thinking exactly like screech during the hand... I hesitated on the turn for so long and I wanted to raise that turn, but in the end I was either WA or WB, so I called down.Zach

When you're beat you're beat. Doesnt matter if the pot is 8 bets or 20.If we get 3-bet on this turn i'd say we are never good on the river.
makes no sense to me to put in the same numbver of bets in a 16BB pot, and not see sd, as we could see sd for 2 bets as well. what am I missing
When you're beat you're beat. Doesnt matter if the pot is 8 bets or 20.If we get 3-bet on this turn i'd say we are never good on the river.
makes no sense to me to put in the same numbver of bets in a 16BB pot, and not see sd, as we could see sd for 2 bets as well. what am I missing
Nothing just no need to overvalue sd's. Just because the pots huge doesnt mean we should miss out on value in an attempt to see a showdown.Rereading everyones responses I think calling the turn is the way to go but with AQ A :club: I think this turn is an easy raise. The only reason I wouldnt raise this turn with the K :D is the potential that we are drawing to the second best flush or someone already has the nut flush.

no need to overval;ue a 16 BB showdown?you're thinking about raising TP with 9 outs if you are behind (and I mean with the Ace :club: ) then folding to a 3-bet and river lead UI...I'll overvalue a sd anyday as opposed to over valuing my opponents re-actions. You all that rely so much on what vilan does to make these folds...must not play the same opponents I do.the pot is 16 BB...please don't play your way into a fold becuase you want to squeeze an extra bet out on the turn. Yuo might get that bet anyway on a :D river that you can raise (assuming we have the Ace :D for simpliciy here)I sd 33% and win 58%, so I'm defintely not calling down to many losers "just to play sherrif"

no need to overval;ue a 16 BB showdown?you're thinking about raising TP with 9 outs if you are behind (and I mean with the Ace :club: ) then folding to a 3-bet and river lead UI...I'll overvalue a sd anyday as opposed to over valuing my opponents re-actions. You all that rely so much on what vilan does to make these folds...must not play the same opponents I do.the pot is 16 BB...please don't play your way into a fold becuase you want to squeeze an extra bet out on the turn. Yuo might get that bet anyway on a :D river that you can raise (assuming we have the Ace :D for simpliciy here)I sd 33% and win 58%, so I'm defintely not calling down to many losers "just to play sherrif"
No i'd call the turn 3-bet and fold the river UI.Also I said looking back i'd just call with the K :D .And dunno maybe PS is that different from PP. But the move up through the limits has been easy thus far.I really dont think we get 3-bet on this turn all that much. What 3-bets us other then a flush.And yea i'd love to see a free showdown or win an additional 2 bb the times I hit.

on Party 2/4 at least...raiing turn and folding UI on river after a turn 3-bet would be bad w/o reads in a 16 BB pot.ok..we agree to disagree.you like an extra bet (which you get sometimes anyways when you let him bet the river) and I like sd in HUGE pots.

the pot is 16 BB...please don't play your way into a fold becuase you want to squeeze an extra bet out on the turn. Yuo might get that bet anyway on a :club: river that you can raise (assuming we have the Ace :D for simpliciy here)
This is very good thinking, IMHO.Jeff
Raise the turn. If you're 3-bet, call and fold the river UI.If he calls, check down a non-diamond river.
wow.I don't hate the raise, but I hate folding a 16 BB pot when we can see showdown for two bets.Getting the extra bet in on the turn is not worth the risk of folding the best hand.I think this is really bad.
Raise the turn.  If you're 3-bet, call and fold the river UI.If he calls, check down a non-diamond river.
wow.I don't hate the raise, but I hate folding a 16 BB pot when we can see showdown for two bets.Getting the extra bet in on the turn is not worth the risk of folding the best hand.I think this is really bad.
Actuary, I think this is where your fundamental approach to the game is flawed, and this is from many posts I have seen of yours. The goal is not to get to a showdown. If you get 3-bet here, the only hand I see us beating is a semi-bluff with the naked Ad. Raising lets us dictate the action, see a showdown for free on the river if we miss, and get an extra bet when we hit our diamond draw or 2 pair. Raise/call/Fold River UI only costs us one more bet than call/call, and I think we're missing value when we're ahead.You can't be afraid of folding the best hand. Occasionally you will fold the best hand to a maniac, but by becoming passive to see a showdown, you will miss value too often IMO. I would reccomend to you reading Super System 2 and reading Jennifer Harman's section on LHE. At the limits you are approaching, the passive approach will not work because you're not going to get free bets with your huge hands. You have to get more aggressive and win more small pots. You can see a showdown more often at low limits where you get free bets from hands that shouldn't be in there. Those hands won't be in there at 5/10 and above, so you have to work with smaller pots.
Raise the turn.  If you're 3-bet, call and fold the river UI.If he calls, check down a non-diamond river.
The way villian has played the hand, we get 3-bet a lot here. He's trying to extract value.Anyway, like Actuary has said, it is much better to put ourselves in a position to show this hand down. We don't have a monster and we are likely way behind to villian. Luckily, we have a chance to catch up. Why play into his hands wiht a raise?

ZimmerI'm not sure if 3/6 is the cutiff, 2/4 is my highest so far.At 2/4 on Party, this is never a Raise-Call fold river UI.Maybe the information is more reliable at 5/10.Maybe I'll never play 5/10 because I can't adapt.so, perhaps I"m not qualified to speak on this hand, being that it's 3/6.My BB/100 over 40k hands (all I've played since ever playing LHE) would indicate this fundamental flaw is not effecting me too much. Although, who's to say what I could be winning. And you do make the distinction for higher limits, so I'll take that into consideration. When 6th nut flushes are getting capped on paired boards, i'm not ready to fold a 16 BB pot because I'm certain my TP is no good. again I'm not going to SD too often according to PT, even though my posts may indicate that..its a selection of hands. I may miss value raises on turns and rivers...and it's true I hate to raise fold..but I see so many donkey raises, that folding to would be silly

The way villian has played the hand, we get 3-bet a lot here. He's trying to extract value.Anyway, like Actuary has said, it is much better to put ourselves in a position to show this hand down. We don't have a monster and we are likely way behind to villian. Luckily, we have a chance to catch up. Why play into his hands wiht a raise?
This might be one of my leaks but I could be wrong. I always look at donk bets as either weak attempts to semi bluff or betting an improved hand thats not good enough to check raise rather then that they just hit their hand and are trying to extract max value.If you just call river :club: what are you doing if bet into by the mp1.b