very interesting show. One way you could say these chefs are awesome. On another hand could be the judges are just overly nice to these proven chefs than regular top chef. Will watch the next show but who knows.

how about a heads up that Padma is no longer the host, that ruined the show for me.The new chick makes me nauseous.
I must agree. But it's kind of like a fake Top Chef, so they're giving her a break I guess.New real one comes in September.She was on Letterman last night though.
God I'm tilted that Wylie Got booted this week. I love Gastro, and I hate all these old school food's instictive aversion to it.
He was all over the place. Seems like the distracted Genius kind of guy who really needs his support team around him to keep focused. He made two pretty big blunders.
He was all over the place. Seems like the distracted Genius kind of guy who really needs his support team around him to keep focused. He made two pretty big blunders.
lol I didn't say I thought it was undeserved, but the stuff he makes is so cool that I wanted to see more. I love how some of them are like " I am so against gastro and I hate what gastro is all about' but then they loved his dish. Guess what, assholes, you like gastro, stop being so threatened by it.
On another hand could be the judges are just overly nice to these proven chefs than regular top chef.
My wife and I were discussing this yesterday when we caught the last episode. I think they are just plain not told to get to over critical. One it is for charity so no need to demoralize the chefs and two, these are good chefs to begin with. But the judges need to be demoralized for being dry and boring.

The really fruity judge giving Wylie a 5.0 is like Pitchfork giving a hip-hop album a 10.0. In other words, it must have been one of the best things he's ever eaten (that isn't a cock! Boom, gay joke!). On a related note, I definitely like the fruity judge (as a judge! Boom!), and I think he'd be a big improvement over scripted-british-guy from last year.

I've been catching bits n pieces of this. On the "street vendor" challenge episode I so wanted to slap the french guy across the face with my dick. He absolutely sucked. Couldn't complete anything on time and if someone offered to assist he would act like he was either offended or superior. Also, I can't give any concrete reasoning for this but I don't like the way they do the scoring at the end. I guess it just feels anti-climactic.

Also, I can't give any concrete reasoning for this but I don't like the way they do the scoring at the end. I guess it just feels anti-climactic.
Agreed, I like it better when they pick the winner (and loser) based on who they think deserves to win, not on who gets the most points. I'm not sure why they changed it - they coulda just had the quickfire winner get an advantage, as they often do in the normal show, and then just rate them like normal in the elimination. Still a good show, but last week's episode was definitely the weakest so far.

just finished last weeks show and it was just irritating. The judges irritated me, the french guy and the host. Though when her nips were popping through it made it a little better. That one judge, not the scary dude from london, was irritating the crap out of me when he was talking towards the end of the show to contestants. His head was like shaking so damn much he looked like a damn talking bobblehead.

It's probably better than Iron Chef."Look! I think Chef1 is using the secret ingredient!""He appears to be steaming it in parchment!""Now Chef2 is breaking out the big knife and looks like he'sgoing to use it to chop something!"As Ramsay mi9ght say: "Fuckin' 'Ell!"

God I'm tilted that Wylie Got booted this week. I love Gastro, and I hate all these old school food's instictive aversion to it.
Flaming judge said something along the lines of "I don't understand it" in reference to gastro and that really is the basis for their aversion. Gastro requires intellectual study be applied to the cooking process and I think they don't want to look foolish by throwing out a criticism that would be in juxtaposition to the art form.

I am liking Top Chef Masters. Granted, it is completely different than top chef but it is cool to see some of the chefs that were judges and how they handle being on the other side of the table.The one thing that is missing is the continuity of rooting for a hand few of contestants. It is more like an Iron Chef competition (which I love, even the American version is great.) Hopefully, by having the caliber of chefs on the program will lure some other great chefs to the regular episodes. Maybe we can get a season of Top Chef where half of the contestants aren't "throw aways".

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...