chronic-cles of royal

I dont write blogs, but occasionally as some know, i like to throw out a page of random stuff to help make my life complete.So, been playing strictly MTT's for a month now. (Took a break from cash games) And last night I managed another Final Table. This was in a short handed 6max per table with 180 players entered on FCP.So that meant final table was top 6. But again I failed to take it down.This is the 4th FT i made on FCP since putting real money on and I'm losing every single clutch hand that either makes or breaks my win.Last night at the FT I was in 5th of 6 but stacks were all close. I get AK, and push on the button with 1k/2k blinds. UTG who limped decides to call and turns over JJ, nothing hits and i'm done. A win there would have been the key to a victory IMO.Besides that crummy FT showing, i did play some great poker throughout the tourny. This one hand comes to mind. (all you kids take out your note pads.)Blinds were 300/600 I'm sitting with about 15k in chips, which is about avg. and avg in chips at my table.I was card dead for a while, so I seemed to be playing relatively tight. As the blinds approached, i decided i'd make a play. Once I became BB i made the decision to take this hand down or lose upwards of 5k leaving me with 10k.Being a 6max game, theres a lot more bluffing and play making. I pick up some junk hand, but i could care less cuz I'm making a play here no matter what I picked up. It folds around to the button (13k stack), who like clock work raises a grand and makes it 1600 (blinds 300/600) SB folds, and I insta call. (a re-raise wouldnt give me any info, if he calls it i'm lost on the flop and if he comes over the top, i'm forced to fold.) Flop comes, theres a couple big cards on board, a Ace, a King, and a rag. (my play here is to check raise, or bet the turn if it goes check/check), again remember, i planned to lose 5k-6k. There is now 3500 in the pot, and i've invested 1k + my 600 BB. ( I could bet out here, but if he actually got a piece my large lead out bet would be wasted.)I check, and he bets 1200. (this is a weak bet considering the pot, however at a 6handed game this deep in, 1200 could be enough to push out anyone without a real hand) But because I planned on this already I raise to 3600 (triple his bet, and because it was a check/raise, it has a much more drastic impact, and he could easily start feeling suckered.) He types in "I guess my AJ is no good" pfff, of course its good you idiot, and i'm 100% sure he's full of it, if he is laying down AJ with an A on board. he folds and i collect 3700 (2800 off this sucker). Now I know you're thinking, but what if he bet the pot (meaning he's invested close to 45% of his original stack). Well then I wouldnt be writing this, and i'd have to give him credit for investing that much of his stack and obviously fold. But he was sitting there with just over 11k left, not enough to make big bets, and too much to feel committed if i raised. The payoff for the amount i planned to invest doesnt look so glamorous, but Its actually 24% of my original stack size and keep in mind its a short handed game around bubble time and i had been playing tight for a few rotations. The Chronicles of Royal will continue when i finally get a win on FCP.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The Chronicles of Royal will continue when i finally get a win on FCP.
I won't hold my breath. Are you anti-blogs? I keep meaning to start one to put up my Windsor Trip Report, but I'm lazy and haven't done it yet. I think you could find some decent stuff to write about, and I'm sure people would read it.PS I'm gonna make you cry in the FCPFC I'm gonna pwn you so bad.
The Chronicles of Royal will continue when i finally get a win on FCP.
I won't hold my breath. Are you anti-blogs? I keep meaning to start one to put up my Windsor Trip Report, but I'm lazy and haven't done it yet. I think you could find some decent stuff to write about, and I'm sure people would read it.PS I'm gonna make you cry in the FCPFC I'm gonna pwn you so bad.
I really have no idea where or how to start a blog, someone tell me, and i'l write. (just like kevin costner in field of dreams)and i cant wait for you to pwn me, i'm getting sick of destroying you everytime.i'm at the comfort inn, room 119, I love youRoyal
I really have no idea where or how to start a blog, someone tell me, and i'l write. (just like kevin costner in field of dreams)and i cant wait for you to pwn me, i'm getting sick of destroying you everytime.i'm at the comfort inn, room 119, I love youRoyal
Any word on whether they are going to change "Poker Forum Veteran" in your title to "JBradburn is my bitch"?
Any word on whether they are going to change "Poker Forum Veteran" in your title to "JBradburn is my bitch"?
I'm working on it :club:
Ahhhhh shit.Royal's a lucky bastard, nothing I can do.
If you're reading this, you already know. Go to blogger.com or blogspot.com, I think they're the same thing. I just made one, it took like 5 mins. Here's the link to mine:http://andtheniblackedout.blogspot.com/I didn't use the Kevin Bacon pic, I went back and forth about it for a while. :club: JB
(all you kids take out your note pads.)Blinds were 300/600 I'm sitting with about 15k in chips, which is about avg. and avg in chips at my table.I was card dead for a while, so I seemed to be playing relatively tight. As the blinds approached, i decided i'd make a play.
All kids please put on ur e-muffs and ignore this idiocracy.

Based on the title I had high hopes for this thread. I thought that it might involve the journey of sexual exploration taken by Royal while he was vacationing in Brazil... or something.I gotta say I'm a little disappointed.

Based on the title I had high hopes for this thread. I thought that it might involve the journey of sexual exploration taken by Royal while he was vacationing in Brazil... or something.I gotta say I'm a little disappointed.
fine,u want me to tell you about the time i had 18 years old at the crazy horse in myrtle beach?, or how bout the time i was in venezuala at 17?, no? how bout just a weekend adventure involving strip clubs, hot tubs and 20 year old girls?all true stories, i could also go on about amateur wet tshit night freak makeout fest
(all you kids take out your note pads.)Blinds were 300/600 I'm sitting with about 15k in chips, which is about avg. and avg in chips at my table.I was card dead for a while, so I seemed to be playing relatively tight. As the blinds approached, i decided i'd make a play.
All kids please put on ur e-muffs and ignore this idiocracy.
I pwn you constantly, stay in your room until i let you out :club:
Dear Mr. MTT,A. You have never pwned meB. I am at work so not in my roomC. I love when you dominate me
Dear Mr. MTT,A. You have never pwned meB. I am at work so not in my roomC. I love when you dominate me
are u playing in the protege round 2 freerole?.. not trying to be a dick if u didnt , or arent, i'm just seriously wondering?
are u playing in the protege round 2 freerole?.. not trying to be a dick if u didnt , or arent, i'm just seriously wondering?
Nah I didn't qualify AK all in post flop vs. Q10 on an K97 flop even in chips

I feel like whining about my free roll tourney and no sex lately.no raises, BB with 85s, flop 853, I bet the pot and some doofus raises me, so I figure him for an over pair like 99 or TT so I pushed him all in and he showed 88, meh....And this ho I picked up the other night was on the rag and didn't give it up, not even a blow job the drunk whore.

Oh gawd....Royal....stop whining...It Takes alot of luck to win one of those things.....I myself is on a super hot streak in MTT's with 4 consecutive top 20 finishes and three final tables in a row.....something always goes wrong....but you can't control it....With the blinds as high as they get...you would be a douchebag to fold top pair....much less AK preflop or a flush draw on the flop.....Without a deep stack structure....you must play like your hair is on fire at the final table....if not, you will be one of those idiots that fold their way to getting blinded out 5th....It's good to see that I have a fellow MTT donkey on FCP.....I am playing tons of them...but I still mix in some PLO....Good Luck Royal....You will need it.

Oh gawd....Royal....stop whining...It Takes alot of luck to win one of those things.....I myself is on a super hot streak in MTT's with 4 consecutive top 20 finishes and three final tables in a row.....something always goes wrong....but you can't control it....With the blinds as high as they get...you would be a douchebag to fold top pair....much less AK preflop or a flush draw on the flop.....Without a deep stack structure....you must play like your hair is on fire at the final table....if not, you will be one of those idiots that fold their way to getting blinded out 5th....It's good to see that I have a fellow MTT donkey on FCP.....I am playing tons of them...but I still mix in some PLO....Good Luck Royal....You will need it.
baah, shove it up your ass old man!, where are you playing your MTT's?I'm gonna try out fulltilt, i deposited on there finally
I dont write blogs, but occasionally as some know, i like to throw out a page of random stuff to help make my life complete.So, been playing strictly MTT's for a month now. (Took a break from cash games) And last night I managed another Final Table. This was in a short handed 6max per table with 180 players entered on FCP.So that meant final table was top 6. But again I failed to take it down.This is the 4th FT i made on FCP since putting real money on and I'm losing every single clutch hand that either makes or breaks my win.Last night at the FT I was in 5th of 6 but stacks were all close. I get AK, and push on the button with 1k/2k blinds. UTG who limped decides to call and turns over JJ,  nothing hits and i'm done. A win there would have been the key to a victory IMO.Besides that crummy FT showing, i did play some great poker throughout the tourny. This one hand comes to mind.  (all you kids take out your note pads.)Blinds were 300/600  I'm sitting with about 15k in chips, which is about avg.   and avg  in chips at my table.I was card dead for a while, so I seemed to be playing relatively tight. As the blinds approached, i decided i'd make a play. Once I became BB i made the decision to take this hand down or lose upwards of 5k leaving me with 10k.Being a 6max game, theres a lot more bluffing and play making. I pick up some junk hand, but i could care less cuz I'm making a play here no matter what I picked up. It folds around to the button (13k stack), who like clock work raises  a grand and makes it 1600 (blinds 300/600) SB folds, and I insta call.  (a re-raise wouldnt give me any info, if he calls it i'm lost on the flop  and if he comes over the top, i'm forced to fold.)  Flop comes, theres a couple big cards on board, a Ace, a King, and a rag. (my play here is to check raise,  or bet the turn if it goes check/check), again remember, i planned to lose 5k-6k.  There is now 3500 in the pot, and i've invested 1k + my 600 BB. ( I could bet out here, but if he actually got a piece my large lead out bet would be wasted.)I check, and he bets 1200.  (this is a  weak bet considering the pot, however at a 6handed game this deep in, 1200 could be enough to push out anyone without a real hand) But because I planned on this already I raise to 3600   (triple his bet,  and because it was a check/raise, it has a much more drastic impact, and he could easily start feeling suckered.) He types in "I guess my AJ is no good"    pfff,  of course its good you idiot, and i'm 100% sure he's full of it, if he is  laying down AJ with an A on board.  he folds and i collect 3700 (2800 off this sucker). Now I know you're thinking, but what if he bet the pot (meaning he's invested close to 45% of his original stack). Well then I wouldnt be writing this, and i'd have to give him credit for investing that much of his stack and obviously fold. But he was sitting there with just over 11k left, not enough to make big bets, and too much to feel committed if i raised.     The payoff for the amount i planned to invest doesnt look so glamorous, but Its actually 24% of my original stack size and keep in mind its a short handed game around bubble time and i had been playing tight for a few rotations.  The Chronicles of Royal will continue when i finally get a win on FCP.
i took out my notepad. then read that, and decided i'd be better off beating myself over the head with it.everything else i love. i'll read your blog naked and pleasure myself.