Rock Chalk Jayhawk

696 replies to this topic

#1 Vinnie_Terranova

Vinnie_Terranova

wiseguy

• Members
  • 1,057 posts

Posted 16 March 2008 - 01:46 PM

A place for fans of the University of Kansas mens basketball team to discuss the current and future prospects of the Jayhawks.ROCK CHALK JAYHAWK.

#2 Jadaki

Jadaki

IIOY?

• Members
  • 22,247 posts

Posted 16 March 2008 - 01:47 PM

I don't like the Big-12, but Kansas has a lot of ties with UNC so they are the only team there I follow with any interest.Is Rush really coming out after this year?

#3 Vinnie_Terranova

Vinnie_Terranova

wiseguy

• Members
  • 1,057 posts

Posted 16 March 2008 - 01:48 PM

View PostJadaki, on Sunday, March 16th, 2008, 1:47 PM, said:

Is Rush really coming out after this year?
He would have gone last year if not for a summer injury. So while it is not official, I would say yes, without a doubt in my mind.My main concern is that Chalmers will leave. If he comes back, they will be okay next year. Probably a top 25 team all year with him as player of the year in the conference. If he goes they struggle to stay ranked.

#4 Vinnie_Terranova

Vinnie_Terranova

wiseguy

• Members
  • 1,057 posts

Posted 16 March 2008 - 08:41 PM

Posted ImagePosted Image

#5 Poppy_Hillis

Poppy_Hillis

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 3,904 posts

Posted 16 March 2008 - 09:44 PM

I heard Chalmers is leaving from a friend of his girlfriends or something. Not reliable info, but it's out there.If K-State gets by USC I like them to play KU in the Elite 8. That would be something and I think I'd take K St.

#6 Jadaki

Jadaki

IIOY?

• Members
  • 22,247 posts

Posted 17 March 2008 - 06:04 AM

View PostPoppy_Hillis, on Monday, March 17th, 2008, 12:44 AM, said:

If K-State gets by USC
I don't see it happening.

#7 CaneBrain

CaneBrain

The chosen few....

• Members
  • 14,896 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:5/10 NLHE (100 max buy in)

Posted 17 March 2008 - 06:26 AM

View PostPoppy_Hillis, on Sunday, March 16th, 2008, 9:44 PM, said:

I heard Chalmers is leaving from a friend of his girlfriends or something. Not reliable info, but it's out there.If K-State gets by USC I like them to play KU in the Elite 8. That would be something and I think I'd take K St.
every part of this scenario is unlikely. especially the part where a freshmen filled K-State team beats Wisconsin......which is about 3 times more likely than K-State beating the Jayhawks again.
"Give a little bit.....give a little bit of your chips to me...."

#8 Vinnie_Terranova

Vinnie_Terranova

wiseguy

• Members
  • 1,057 posts

Posted 17 March 2008 - 10:03 AM

View PostPoppy_Hillis, on Sunday, March 16th, 2008, 11:44 PM, said:

1. Is this a serious post? I cannot tell.2. No way KState makes it that far.

#9 Poppy_Hillis

Poppy_Hillis

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 3,904 posts

Posted 17 March 2008 - 10:55 AM

View PostVinnie_Terranova, on Monday, March 17th, 2008, 11:03 AM, said:

1. Is this a serious post? I cannot tell.2. No way KState makes it that far.
1. Serious.2. If they get by USC, they will get to KU, and I'll take K-State straight up. Tim Floyd is an in-game genius and I think that will be the difference in the USC game however.

#10 Ganseynogle

Ganseynogle

IDIOT

• Members
  • 1,145 posts

Posted 17 March 2008 - 12:35 PM

kansas= another choke, not that losing to g-town would be bad but it seems like it after every year omg kansas final 4 and then they lose earlier

#11 Vinnie_Terranova

Vinnie_Terranova

wiseguy

• Members
  • 1,057 posts

Posted 17 March 2008 - 03:30 PM

View PostPoppy_Hillis, on Monday, March 17th, 2008, 12:55 PM, said:

1. Serious.2. If they get by USC, they will get to KU, and I'll take K-State straight up. Tim Floyd is an in-game genius and I think that will be the difference in the USC game however.
1. Hopefully he doesnt go. Im not sure where he gets drafted. Maybe late first?2. I just cant see KState playing well enough to make it. They have no consistency. But you never know.

View PostGanseynogle, on Monday, March 17th, 2008, 2:35 PM, said:

kansas= another choke, not that losing to g-town would be bad but it seems like it after every year omg kansas final 4 and then they lose earlier
Yeah, I mean they should make the final four every year. Its not difficult or anything.

#12 Vinnie_Terranova

Vinnie_Terranova

wiseguy

• Members
  • 1,057 posts

Posted 17 March 2008 - 04:42 PM

We filled out brackets at work and I picked KU to win it all. This bitch who doesnt know anything about sports told me I was a "bandwagon picker" and that KU "always loses in the first round. I told her she didnt know what the fuck she was talking about. In her bracket she had UNLV beating KU in the 2nd round. I told her I had 500$ that said KU would beat UNLV if they played. She declined.

#13 Ganseynogle

Ganseynogle

IDIOT

• Members
  • 1,145 posts

Posted 17 March 2008 - 06:34 PM

View PostVinnie_Terranova, on Monday, March 17th, 2008, 6:30 PM, said:

Yeah, I mean they should make the final four every year. Its not difficult or anything.
they have had expectations of the final 4 for at least 2 consecutive years now and have gotten upset both years

#14 Vinnie_Terranova

Vinnie_Terranova

wiseguy

• Members
  • 1,057 posts

Posted 17 March 2008 - 06:38 PM

View PostGanseynogle, on Monday, March 17th, 2008, 8:34 PM, said:

they have had expectations of the final 4 for at least 2 consecutive years now and have gotten upset both years
They were upset two years ago. But losing to UCLA in the Elite 8 is not an upset.

#15 Vinnie_Terranova

Vinnie_Terranova

wiseguy

• Members
  • 1,057 posts

Posted 18 March 2008 - 08:06 PM

I saw a Bill Self interview where he was talking about how good a team Portland State is. Gotta love coach talk.

#16 Vinnie_Terranova

Vinnie_Terranova

wiseguy

• Members
  • 1,057 posts

Posted 20 March 2008 - 11:10 AM

Easy win. Great first half, but a little slugish in the second. That'll happen.

#17 SuitedAces21

SuitedAces21

once and future king

• Members
  • 25,229 posts

Posted 21 March 2008 - 05:16 PM

View PostVinnie_Terranova, on Monday, March 17th, 2008, 8:42 PM, said:

We filled out brackets at work and I picked KU to win it all. This bitch who doesnt know anything about sports told me I was a "bandwagon picker" and that KU "always loses in the first round. I told her she didnt know what the fuck she was talking about. In her bracket she had UNLV beating KU in the 2nd round. I told her I had 500$ that said KU would beat UNLV if they played. She declined.
UPDATE: I got this bitch to agree to a 20 dollar bet. Straight up, I have KU 0 she has UNLV. Easy money.

View PostRon_Mexico, on 23 April 2014 - 04:48 PM, said:

Now that i've had a few drinks, I'm ready to admilt that the reason I dont post more is suited.

I hate every fiber of his being. He's awful and everything he writes is wrong, coupled with being annoying. Its uncanny how awful he is. If he was around when this thread was thriving, he would have killed it. Thankfully, he wasnt.

Maybe in the real world, he's not so awful (evidence says otherwise) but here, he makes me want to fight. Nobody makes me want to fight. Its beyond weird. I almost feel bad, but I dont

#18 Jadaki

Jadaki

IIOY?

• Members
  • 22,247 posts

Posted 21 March 2008 - 05:18 PM

View PostSuitedAces21, on Friday, March 21st, 2008, 7:16 PM, said:

UPDATE: I got this bitch to agree to a 20 dollar bet. Straight up, I have KU 0 she has UNLV. Easy money.
Jesus...I need to meet people like this and take advantage of them.

#19 SuitedAces21

SuitedAces21

once and future king

• Members
  • 25,229 posts

Posted 21 March 2008 - 05:20 PM

View PostJadaki, on Friday, March 21st, 2008, 9:18 PM, said:

Jesus...I need to meet people like this and take advantage of them.
I know. The sad thing is, this is the girl I used to date. I am so glad I broke up with her and not her me.

View PostRon_Mexico, on 23 April 2014 - 04:48 PM, said:

Now that i've had a few drinks, I'm ready to admilt that the reason I dont post more is suited.

I hate every fiber of his being. He's awful and everything he writes is wrong, coupled with being annoying. Its uncanny how awful he is. If he was around when this thread was thriving, he would have killed it. Thankfully, he wasnt.

Maybe in the real world, he's not so awful (evidence says otherwise) but here, he makes me want to fight. Nobody makes me want to fight. Its beyond weird. I almost feel bad, but I dont

#20 Jadaki

Jadaki

IIOY?

• Members
  • 22,247 posts

Posted 21 March 2008 - 05:22 PM

View PostSuitedAces21, on Friday, March 21st, 2008, 7:20 PM, said:

I know. The sad thing is, this is the girl I used to date. I am so glad I broke up with her and not her me.
You should have bet oral sex on it.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users