The Cliven Bundy Standoff

... shall be interesting.

Militias from all over the country are going there.

One thing that's always made me legit LOL at 'gun culture' is how they're mostly a bunch of pathetic Walter Mitty's who talk a huge game about being the 'teeth of liberty and waving around flags of chopped up snakes but ultimately, its just childish fantasism. As long as they're allowed to keep their 2nd Amendment, all the other rights the 2nd Amendment was actually written to protect can be eroded away, they'll be content as a pig in shit in their suburban homes stocked with MREs and 5XL cammies.

This one, I dunno... It seems like it may be different, or, it may wind up as just another field trip with AR's and big talk but ultimately, nobody willing to pay that price.

Hopefully nobody does start shooting but the combination of the hair trigger attitude of cops these days with a bunch of heavily armed "rights defenders" could easily lead to a tragic "accident"

I saw this last night, and some thoughts:

- the Bundys have awesome names. Particularly Cliven.

- the Bundys badly need a spokes man. They are basically incoherent.

- For those unfamiliar, the Bundys don't actually own the property they are grazing their cattle on. While I don't give a shit about tortoises, and have no idea how reasonable or necessary those conservation efforts are, again, this is state land, which has been protected for two decades, and the Bundys simply refuse to stop illegally using public land for private gain. Even if this conservation effort is completely pointless or poorly thought out, this standoff has absolutely nothing to do with big gov't stepping on people's toes. It's about some ranchers who want to uses property and resources are don't belong to them in order to make money, and who I believe owe millions in unpaid grazing fees.

- As heartless as I am, there are animals I love. If these people were endangering herding dogs, kittens or orcas or something, I'd be on about what selfish, entitled, delusional nuts and criminals they are. But I can't emphasize enough how much I don't care about tortoises. As such, I'm rooting for more federals to die in this shoutout than Bundys.

- During an interview with the Bundys, Sean Hannity listed the real problems the federal government should be focuses on. Listed among them were "pedophiles." I have literally no idea what specifically it is Sean Hannity thinks we should be doing about them, but sniffing out every person who is sexually aroused by people under the age of 15-18 (depending on the state) seems like a bigger undertaking than stopping some one from grazing his cows on protected land. It's like getting arrested for lifting a wallet, and thinking you should walk because the cop should have been looking for Soviet spies.

• Like 2

If I were a tortoise nut and tilted about this spinelessness, I'd start doing all kinds of weird shit on that land to create public outrage and get the feds back. The public hates pedophiles. Maybe that could be worked in somehow.

Jano Reno taught the Democrats one bastard of a lesson about hard line authoritarianism.

The thing is, they'll just use the system to destroy his life and unfortunately, the American people have shown a complete apathy towards anything legitimized by a kangaroo court.

Cliven Bundy may as well leave the United States. His life is over.

• Like 1

Guess Obama learned those Janet Reno lessons.

This is exactly what happened.

- As heartless as I am, there are animals I love. If these people were endangering herding dogs, kittens or orcas or something, I'd be on about what selfish, entitled, delusional nuts and criminals they are. But I can't emphasize enough how much I don't care about tortoises. As such, I'm rooting for more federals to die in this shoutout than Bundys.

I too have an irrational love for herding dogs.

Had an Australian Shepherd that could identify anything relevant to her life by spoken word. All her toys had names, all you had to do is ask for one in particular and she'd go get it. Dozens and dozens of toys, one word, she'd go get that one. It was ****ing bizarre.

The point here is if nothing else comes of this thing, at least we got the name Cliven out of the deal.

I currently have a German Shep who is pretty beloved, but the smartest I've had was probably some kind of English Shep mix. It pretty much trained itself, because **** knows I didn't. If you yelled at her for anything -- face licking, scratching at a door, barking -- that would be essentially the last time she did it.

The German knows to sit, shake, then lay down, which are commanded by yelling harshly in mock German.

http://www.reid.senate.gov/press_releases/2014-24-04-reid-calls-for-leaders-to-unite-in-condemnation-of-cliven-bundys-dangerous-extremism#.U1lOM-pzZjo

Reid Calls For Leaders To Unite In Condemnation Of Cliven Bundy’s Dangerous Extremism

April 24, 2014 | Press Releases

“This is not a game.”

Las Vegas, NV – Nevada Senator Harry Reid released the following statement today on racist comments by Cliven Bundy reported by the New York Times.

“I used to live in North Las Vegas and it is home to some of the hardest-working people I have ever met – men and women who embody the American dream by working hard every day to build a better life for themselves and their families. By contrast, Cliven Bundy has spent decades profiting off government land while refusing to pay the same fair use fees as his fellow ranchers. Today, Bundy revealed himself to be a hateful racist. But by denigrating people who work hard and play by the rules while he mooches off public land he also revealed himself to be a hypocrite.

“To advance his extreme, hateful views, Bundy has endangered the lives of innocent women and children. This is not a game. It is the height of irresponsibility for any individual or entity in a position of power or influence to glorify or romanticize such a dangerous individual, and anyone who has done so should come to their senses and immediately condemn Bundy. For their part, national Republican leaders could help show a united front against this kind of hateful, dangerous extremism by publicly condemning Bundy.

“The bottom line is that elected officials and those in positions of power or influence have a responsibility to unite behind the basic principle that we are a country of laws, and that whatever our differences, it is unacceptable for individuals to use violence or the threat of violence to advance their radical views.”

http://blogs.reuters...evada-showdown/

I think the Feds should have sent in this.

blue-thunder.jpg

I don't know how many Timothy McVeigh's that would've given birth to- if they'd just gone in with heavy shit and turned the Bundy supporters into burger- but it would've been the worst thing they could've possibly done. There would've probably been meaningful reprisals against government (whatever's), that's the kind of shit that can get real ugly, quick. This isn't the 1990's. There are a lot of unemployed people, desperate people, people with little to nothing left to lose these days who absolutely hate what our government has become.

The whole 'racist' thing is very interesting. He's either a moron who doesn't realize what he's squandering, or this is some next level COINTELPRO shit whereby armed resistors were sucked in with an anti-government pretext then promptly discredited and stigmatized via a surprise 'racism' blindside from the guy they were there supporting.

Did anyone ever see that episode of the Dick Clark and Ed McMahon prank show where they tricked Deacon Jones into showing up at a restaurant dressed up in a pink tutu?

• Like 2

That ****ing clip is nowhere to be found on the damn internet, apparently because Dick Clark Productions is really aggressive about copyright claims.

Early 80s, Bubba Smith told Deacon Jones that there was some sort of charity costume party at Restaurant X and that a bunch of the NFL guys were going to be wearing pink tutus and would he come. He agreed.

Showed up at Restaurant X wearing a pink tutu but there was no costume party, just a bunch of people eating and staring at the giant negro in the pink tutu. He immediately realized he'd been trolled to the moon, went over to the phone and called someone and kept saying "...they got me good..."

All I could find is this picture from the reveal.

8x10_deacon_jones.jpg

The governments greatest fear is that the types of people who showed up armed to the Bundy Ranch would gain some sort of sympathy with the public. No doubt whatsoever that discrediting 'that crowd' is a high priority on some dark agenda being planned in a non descript but oddly heavily guarded office in suburban Virginia. "Racist", "pedophile" or "terrorist" are the main Pavlovian cues used to make the monkeys dance on command.

• 1 month later...

Well some of the people who rushed to support Bundy were terrorists. Can't really call what happened in Las Vegas anything but terrorism. If these attackers were anything but White imagine how batshit crazy Fox News would be going about the "Terrorist" attack on Freedom.

Las Vegas cop killers had anti-government views

I, for one cannot believe it. The two kooks who went in and shot up two cops having lunch shouting about a "revolution" had anti government views. NO WAY! ANTI GOVERNMENT VIEWS? WHAT SORT OF IDIOT COULD POSSIBLY BE ANTI GOVERNMENT? THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE!!!!!!!

The behavior of current governments is the single greatest source of 'anti government views' out there. These two idiots were misguided but I must admit, the police as a corrupted and oppressive apparatus of the state, empowered with way too much authority and hopped up in delusions of their own grandeur, are a difficult problem to solve. Randomly shooting them is definitely not the answer but it comes as no surprise some people are feeling cornered and lashing out, which isn't the same thing as the 'terrorism' we have to worry about.

If you oppress people, the oppressors can't be surprised when eventually, someone with nothing to lose strikes back.

Here's a black guy who shot up a police station in Detroit.

http://www.freep.com...-ambush-station

The Vegas shooters ****ed their 'legacy' with the Swastika.

Everything else up to that point, they'd have been viewed like Chrostopher Dorner or Marvin Heemayer or others who did similar shit... but the Swastika, thats gone.

As I understand it, the swastika was intended to represent the cops were Nazis, not the killers solidarity with neo nazism

Doesn't matter.

Too Pavlovian.

The objective here is to get the monkeys whipped up into a frenzy. Can't do that with stuff that they've been trained their entire lives to be repulsed by.