1-2 NL 100 maxThe hero is playing pretty tight, but he's my friend and sitting next to me and my image is pretty loose and I know some of the people associate his play with mine.Hero has about 370. Villain has around 300.Three players limp. Button makes a pretty standard and meaningless raise to 10. Hero calls with 3-4hh from the BB.Two limpers calls. Villain calls from cutoff.FLOP:Qs-4d-3sHero bets 30. Villain calls. Everyone else folds.TURN:Qs-4d-3s-JhHero...?

I was going to say, why do you always have like crappy two pairs, but this isn't you.I'd bet 100 and probably fold to a shovel, but it's 5 am and I cant see, I'll look again in the "Morning"

Is there a particular reason we're not c/ring the flop? (I guess being deepish might be a consideration.) I'm generally loathe to c/r, but considering my great repulsion for donkbetting, this seems like an excellent spot for it. It'll put drawing hands in a much more uncomfortable position. A lot of what we do on the turn depends on how villain's going to react to our bet or check. What do we put him on? How can we force him to make the biggest mistake based on that range?

I was going to say, why do you always have like crappy two pairs, but this isn't you.I'd bet 100 and probably fold to a shovel, but it's 5 am and I cant see, I'll look again in the "Morning"
no way you fold to a shove, but I do bet about $100 as well
1-2 NL 100 maxThe hero is playing pretty tight, but he's my friend and sitting next to me and my image is pretty loose and I know some of the people associate his play with mine.Hero has about 370. Villain has around 300.Three players limp. Button makes a pretty standard and meaningless raise to 10. Hero calls with 3-4hh from the BB.Two limpers calls. Villain calls from cutoff.FLOP:Qs-4d-3sHero bets 30. Villain calls. Everyone else folds.TURN:Qs-4d-3s-JhHero...?
I don't mind defending two pair. Turn is a little ugly, but bet $100. I puke if villain shoves.

I'd think that in this retarded game that you guys play in, he'd have been raised by top pair on the flop, no?If everyone's as bad and dumb as you say they are, I probably bet $100 and call a shove, but I do it unhappily.

I'd think that in this retarded game that you guys play in, he'd have been raised by top pair on the flop, no?If everyone's as bad and dumb as you say they are, I probably bet $100 and call a shove, but I do it unhappily.
That sounds better to me now that I'm running on a few hours sleep. Begrudgingly call a turn shove after betting $100 :angry:If he calls, slam your hand down face up on the table and jump out of your chair (flipping your chair over backward hellmuth style) and yell as loud as you see fit, "NICE BLUFF." Don't let him show you his hand first. Regardless of the outcome, you'll either be able to continually insult him, or look like a complete moron, which is alright too I guess.
I don't mind defending two pair. Turn is a little ugly, but bet $100. I puke if villain shoves.
I don't understand why the turn is ugly? Given this board it is likely bottom two is the best hand, you can rule out most of the hands that has us beat on the flop because of his preflop play and the texture of this flop. I agree $100 is a good bet, plus there is a possibility he is drawing. Even if he shoves the turn we are priced into this pot right? QJ is the only plausable holding that is really beating us. No way we can fold.

I was gonna say to bet $90 and reevaluate. I'd probably call a shove just because I got TWO PURR!!! But, it's tough for QK or AQ to shove this turn on us and doing that with spades doesn't make much sense.

I was gonna say to bet $90 and reevaluate. I'd probably call a shove just because I got TWO PURR!!! But, it's tough for QK or AQ to shove this turn on us and doing that with spades doesn't make much sense.
Do you think it's possible to get away from this hand if they shove it on the turn?
Why are we thinking about betting so much on the turn? By doing so, we're not giving us any other option than to call his shove. I would bet around 3/4 pot, around 60ish on Turn.
3/4 is $75
Do you think it's possible to get away from this hand if they shove it on the turn?
Definitely if our image wasn't loose and the game wasn't horrible. But given those circumstances I think we can't. I mean betting $75-80 might be better to induce a raise from QK or AQ that might not come with a full pot sized bet. If we are going to call anyways, might as well try and get it bluff raised more often while still pricing out the spade draw.
The way Naismith plays this is a clear allin IMHO
I wasn't playing this hand, but I think there's something to the other players shifting my image on him.
1. I don't understand why the turn is ugly? Given this board it is likely bottom two is the best hand, you can rule out most of the hands that has us beat on the flop because of his preflop play and the texture of this flop. 2. I agree $100 is a good bet, plus there is a possibility he is drawing. Even if he shoves the turn we are priced into this pot right? QJ is the only plausable holding that is really beating us. No way we can fold.
1. Because a big Q raises PF. QJ might call a button raise with QJ. 2. We puke, but we don't fold.
Why are we thinking about betting so much on the turn? By doing so, we're not giving us any other option than to call his shove. I would bet around 3/4 pot, around 60ish on Turn.
Two pair is a strong hand on this board. But it's vulnerable. We need to get value out of playing strong, but vulnerable hands. Our profitability comes from thin edges like this.
Definitely if our image wasn't loose and the game wasn't horrible. But given those circumstances I think we can't. I mean betting $75-80 might be better to induce a raise from QK or AQ that might not come with a full pot sized bet. If we are going to call anyways, might as well try and get it bluff raised more often while still pricing out the spade draw.
It isn't AQ. It's around QT Q9 QJ ... somewhere. if he calls, it's probably QT Q9. If he raises, it's probably QJ.
I wasn't playing this hand, but I think there's something to the other players shifting my image on him.
I definitely think this happens. Generally if I sit right next to my spew-bot, hyper aggro friend, I'll get his image. It doesn't hurt that I'm a sarcastic prick. But I'm always viewed as much looser than I am.You also get this image just by betting pot-ish live, because people underbet so badly that they think you are a maniac by betting correctly.
Any reason why?
1) I prefer to be in control of pots already.2) I prefer to have position.3) If the pot's unraised and I'm OOP, I go ahead and lead with a really wide variety of hands.So basically...it doesn't come up often.Additionally, if we check-raise in this situation...sometimes we get screwed with a really awful turn card...which is frustrating.
come to the room I play in and call me a nit and listen for the laughter to die down like a week and a half later ...
be careful, one of these days I might just show up in the heartland.