daniel, playing in the 60 million dollar tourney?

i'm in... .. but in all seriousness i read somewhere that Todd Brunson will be in it.
with daddy's money?
No, with the money he wins, bc he's one of the top 10 players out there. It's the reason he played in the Andy Beal game, not bc he's daddy's son, but bc he's a great player. If there was an "sw" sorry for such a retort, but T. Brunson is awesome.

I wish my credit was better. I would take out a $50 million loan....stake 4 other players and myself. If one of the 4 I stake wins...then I get $55 million to pay back the bank and keep a few million for my troubles, and I would give the winner $5 million. If I win..then I pay back the bank and keep the rest. If Phil Ivey wins.......I go up to my hotel room and take a quick bath with a toaster.I bet the money would get caught up in the wire transfer though.....so it would probably never happen.

i'm in... .. but in all seriousness i read somewhere that Todd Brunson will be in it.
with daddy's money?
No, with the money he wins, bc he's one of the top 10 players out there. It's the reason he played in the Andy Beal game, not bc he's daddy's son, but bc he's a great player. If there was an "sw" sorry for such a retort, but T. Brunson is awesome.
If I had to choose who to stake in that tourney..T. Brunson or DN..I'd choose T. Brunson. He seems to me like he'd almost have ZERO problem playing for that kind of money at stake..while I'm not sure if DN would maybe think about the money a little bit..and he is clearly running pretty bad. T. Brunson is probably the most underrated player in the world...also one of the flat out best.
with daddy's money?
If I had to choose who to stake in that tourney..T. Brunson or DN..I'd choose T. Brunson. He seems to me like he'd almost have ZERO problem playing for that kind of money at stake..while I'm not sure if DN would maybe think about the money a little bit..and he is clearly running pretty bad. T. Brunson is probably the most underrated player in the world...also one of the flat out best.
Probably the most intelligent thing I've ever seen you post KowboyKoop.

I dont see how people can go off saying that todd Brunson is over rated..... where do you get off? How can he be under rated? He plays in the highest cash game in the world and has won more money than anyone playing poker...... and hes even got a braclet now..... come on

I guess its just what you mean by underrated.....is he underrated by his fellow high stakes players or is he underrated by stupid announcers that have no clue what they are talking about? sorry i dont understand

I guess its just what you mean by underrated.....is he underrated by his fellow high stakes players or is he underrated by stupid announcers that have no clue what they are talking about? sorry i dont understand
underrated by the media.

It doesnt matter if hes underrated or not.... hes got millions of dollars and i dont...... and hes also got a pretty sweet mullet!!! (man i wish i could grow one of those things)

underrated by the media.
underrated by everyone who tries and create some type of "best poker players list." T. Brunson is probably one of the top 5 or 10 poker players. PERIOD. Yet hardly anyone talks about him NEARLY as much as a Phil Ivey..Phil Hellmuth...DN..Barry G...even Ted Forrest..and others. Thus..he is underrated.

i posted this question on that donkey's thread with a similar title, but i'll ask it again. Who do you think would play in this. We already know Ivey, and apparantly maybe Todd brunson. Who else? Who has the roll to put up the cash themselves? I was thinkin Doyle, Greenstein, maybe Chip Reese, Harmen, Juanda, Tedd Forrest... anyone else? I'm not saying I think all of these people will enter (although i think Greenstein definately would) just wondering what people thought.cheererac

I wish my credit was better. I would take out a $50 million loan....stake 4 other players and myself. If one of the 4 I stake wins...then I get $55 million to pay back the bank and keep a few million for my troubles, and I would give the winner $5 million. If I win..then I pay back the bank and keep the rest. If Phil Ivey wins.......I go up to my hotel room and take a quick bath with a toaster.I bet the money would get caught up in the wire transfer though.....so it would probably never happen.
Theoretically if they would allow you to take out a 50 million dollar loan you would probably lose a lot of money even if someone won.a=50,000,000(1+.01)^2 = $51,000,500 only after two months is how much you would owe to the bank at 1% interest. Now take taxes out of your winnings which god knows how much they would nit and pick and adjust my equation with the real interest rate and your probably ****ed pretty hard. But hey it sounded like a good idea at the time right?
We already know Ivey, and apparantly maybe Todd brunson. Who else? Who has the roll to put up the cash themselves? I was thinkin Doyle, Greenstein, maybe Chip Reese, Harmen, Juanda, Tedd Forrest... anyone else?erac
You act like these guys have 50 million dollar bankrolls; as in, money they can afford to lose and not sell their house/wife/ kids. I would highly expect most pro's playing to be staked, but Ivey could be different. Sounds like he plays constantly and he probably could win it back much faster than the rest. Doyle obviously...doesn't have too (in terms of worth, anyway).
with daddy's money?
I know he's a great player, but I would venture a guess that Doyle has more money than todd does, mostly from the business side of poker (books, doylseroom.com etc.)I think if Todd would enter, that Doyle would be involved somehow.
Theoretically if they would allow you to take out a 50 million dollar loan you would probably lose a lot of money even if someone won.a=50,000,000(1+.01)^2 = $51,000,500 only after two months is how much you would owe to the bank at 1% interest. Now take taxes out of your winnings which god knows how much they would nit and pick and adjust my equation with the real interest rate and your probably censored pretty hard. But hey it sounded like a good idea at the time right?
Banks wouldn't charge that much.If there is any kind of overlay then they probably will make a deal.You couldn't come back to US after winning. Taxes would murder you even if you won.
We already know Ivey, and apparantly maybe Todd brunson. Who else? Who has the roll to put up the cash themselves? I was thinkin Doyle, Greenstein, maybe Chip Reese, Harmen, Juanda, Tedd Forrest... anyone else?erac
You act like these guys have 50 million dollar bankrolls; as in, money they can afford to lose and not sell their house/wife/ kids. I would highly expect most pro's playing to be staked, but Ivey could be different. Sounds like he plays constantly and he probably could win it back much faster than the rest. Doyle obviously...doesn't have too (in terms of worth, anyway).
I don't think Ivey would put it up himself either. He's what, 28? and been one of the best in the world for maybe 5 years? (5 years is prolly stretching it). How much money do you think he's actually earned? even if he's has a career earnings of $30 mil (very doubtfull), I'm thinkin he would risk 1/3 of his LIFETIME earnings on one STT.
I don't think Ivey would put it up himself either. He's what, 28? and been one of the best in the world for maybe 5 years? (5 years is prolly stretching it). How much money do you think he's actually earned? even if he's has a career earnings of $30 mil (very doubtfull), I'm thinkin he would risk 1/3 of his LIFETIME earnings on one STT.
exactly. and not quite at a table full of dead money, either.