Dallas Mavericks

So the Mavs have a good season again so far. I really want to see them Dirk winning the championship this year. i think he's running out of time, either they do it this season or next, or he has to leave the Mavs and go to a team he can win it with. since he's getting older.thoughts?

Well, I was actually thinking Bosh would be good, since he's going to be leaving Toronto anyway. It would give them the best small ball style line up in the league, maybe ( with dirk at 5)
Bill Simmons agrees.Fake Trade 6: Bosh/Evans/Banks to Dallas for Erick Dampier (team option for 2010-11, making him valuable because he can be used as an EC for a summer trade to a team that would then waive him to chop payroll) and Josh Howard (EC). I like this one because it keeps the Raptors competitive for 2009-10 and again in the summer if they want to flip Dampier. (For instance, they could send him to New York for a Gallinari/Curry package.) And for Dallas … I mean … could you win the title with Dirk, Bosh, Marion, Kidd and Terry as your crunch-time five? I feel like you could. Even with Dirk's hair looking like it does.
What's that, Michael Jordan?OP, I love Dirk and would like to see him win with the Mavs, but he had his shot.
yeah, that's true, i'm afraid. so if they don't get another shot this/next season, what should he do? go to lakers/spurs/othertitlecandidate?i love the team this season. dirk's playing great, kidd plays like 10 years younger, and guy like terry and barea are great. if they can keep up like this for the whole season, they might have another shot.
Well, I was actually thinking Bosh would be good, since he's going to be leaving Toronto anyway. It would give them the best small ball style line up in the league, maybe ( with dirk at 5)
Bosh isn't going to be traded during the season.Raptors think worse case they can get more value for him in an off season sign and trade than during the season and they still hold out hope that he stays.Also the Raptors aren't going to give up on this season as they'll probably end up the 5th seed in the East and get beat by whoever they meet in the first rd of the playoffs.
  • 4 months later...
its only 1230. slow down on the drinks
I just got done reading Mark Cuban's comments. But why couldn't that be a possibility? He would still get his max money, he would be playing for a contender, and he could even get a handful of home games at Cowboy Stadium.
Nothing that big... They just need to con some struggling franchise into trading a borderline allstar player for 10 cents on the dollar.
So much for that idea, caron butler. Maybe I meant more than borderline.
I just got done reading Mark Cuban's comments. But why couldn't that be a possibility? He would still get his max money, he would be playing for a contender, and he could even get a handful of home games at Cowboy Stadium.
I think everybody just looking at the teams with cap space as possible homes for the premium free agents are missing part of the big picture.Let's say that LeBron wants to play in Dallas. He says to the Cavs work out a sign and trade with Dallas or I'm signing with the Knicks and you get nothing. Now Dallas is going to have to come up with a package that is more attractive to the Cavs than nothing that matches salaries. I believe that LeBron actually can decide to play on any team he wants to whether they have the cap space or not and force a sign and trade as long as that team can come up with a package to satisfy the Cavs. A player like him or Wade are so good that every team would try and make the deal to get them.

Dampier's contract is structured in such a way that Dallas can include him in a trade (and his $13m contract) and the new team can immediately cut him without any financial repercussions to either them or Dallas. Lebron's max contract figure for next year would only be $16m. If Lebron is going to leave Cleveland, a sign-and-trade would easily work; Cleveland would still have all their cap space, and they could pick up a couple draft picks as compensation.If Lebron wants to play for Dallas, it will happen.I have no idea if he does.

I think everybody just looking at the teams with cap space as possible homes for the premium free agents are missing part of the big picture.Let's say that LeBron wants to play in Dallas. He says to the Cavs work out a sign and trade with Dallas or I'm signing with the Knicks and you get nothing. Now Dallas is going to have to come up with a package that is more attractive to the Cavs than nothing that matches salaries. I believe that LeBron actually can decide to play on any team he wants to whether they have the cap space or not and force a sign and trade as long as that team can come up with a package to satisfy the Cavs. A player like him or Wade are so good that every team would try and make the deal to get them.
Like artest/bynum?
  • 5 months later...
  • 7 months later...
They need one more piece to compete with the lakers.
When I'm wrong, I say I'm wrong.
What's that, Michael Jordan?OP, I love Dirk and would like to see him win with the Mavs, but he had his shot.
I was not as wrong as this, tho.
  • 2 weeks later...