Codingthewheel Blog

So this programmer has been writing a series of blogs that detail how he built a working online poker bot. Whether or not bots should be legal or illegal may have been discussed ad nauseum, but there are a couple of other interesting things that he wrote about in his latest blog.One is an email that PokerStars sent out to players who were experimenting with various aspects of the code. The emails were rather threatening and in my opinion, unprofessional. However, that is one of the things that we appreciate at PS - their communication is often quick, direct and effective. The second is the discussion over whether PS, and of course all online gaming sites (not to mention other types of companies), should have the right to spy on your computer to the degree that they currently do. If we knew that the current methods resulted in 100% bot free games, there wouldn't be discussion and we would accept it as paying for legit games against humans. But that will never happen, so why do we allow such access? Is it better to allow bots and keep our privacy, or disallow them and allow the spying?Here's the blog: http://www.codingthewheel.com/archives/ban...hed-blacklisted

Ive been following this story since he first started writing about it because a while back Im pretty sure I was up against a bot. At first it killed me because all the plays it did were so obscure, but after a while i found its weaknesses and just ran it over. Simple solution, funny enough as it is, was to just min bet out on flop OOP, and by what it did, you will know if it was going with the hand or not. Took me a while to figure it out :club: The game was heads up Sit n go btw.But what this guy is doing is amazing, but he even says that without rakeback and bonuses, it would prob be a breakeven bot, or a losing one. So Im not sure about that. Interesting nonetheless

To be honest, it doesn't bother me a bit. They're only working to stop bots, and **** the bot makers, how can they bitch about it? They're acting like they're NOT the criminals..Pokerstars aren't looking for anything other than bots, so it's no bother to me. It gives me a lot of confidence that they've been in touch with him though, shows they scan the net and are proactive against the bots.Good for Pokerstars.

Funny that stars talks out of both sides of their mouth. I complained about an account 1 time which was playing 20 table at once, making plays within split seconds of each other (I had 4 of the tables open at once to watch). The stars response was that "today's youth are quite adept at multitasking and with macros can easily play this many tables." They then referenced me to the Hevad Khan youtube video as evidence. LOL - whatever.I say get rid of all the bots and other software though and get the game back to its basics - as similar as possible (other than speed of dealing) to live poker.

Funny that stars talks out of both sides of their mouth. I complained about an account 1 time which was playing 20 table at once, making plays within split seconds of each other (I had 4 of the tables open at once to watch). The stars response was that "today's youth are quite adept at multitasking and with macros can easily play this many tables." They then referenced me to the Hevad Khan youtube video as evidence. LOL - whatever.I say get rid of all the bots and other software though and get the game back to its basics - as similar as possible (other than speed of dealing) to live poker.
Are you serious? 20 tableing is easy with scripts, that's why there are so many people doing it. And even w/o scripts, have you heard of pre-action buttons?