Fantasy Hockey Discussions

I didnt know where to put this, so figured start a thread. In my high roller pool, looks like Im gonna have to start looking at player for next year. Goalies can be quite important in this pool, so I am currently debating making one of 3 trades, and each has a similar cost to me. So I ask you, who would you rather have:1. Halak2. Price 3. Malkin+Lehner on farmHalak I would get the cheapest, and for 3 years.Price is slightly more expensive, and for 2 years.Malkin is only for next year, but Lehner could conceivably be 6years.categories: W, GAA, minutesplayer: g,a,pts,pims,+/-Question to you guys:who is better next year, Halak or Price?will Malkin be top 3/4 again? Im really leaning towards Halak because of contract, but is there ANY chance he isnt the starter next year? This latest swoon concerns me.Input is appreciated.

• Replies 773
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Reporting this post to the police and children's aid.

Great final keeper draft of the year.   Friday night, meet up with the guys in Niagara. Most of the pool participants spent the day golfing, I joined them for dinner. The guys got a private room in

I can finally write this, been waiting til the end to not jinx anything. Thank you Devan Dubnyk!   I have 3 keeper pools I am in outside of AHL/FCHL. 2 I am very serious about, the other bla,   #1

Buy low sell high..Malkin very low..Halak and Price pretty high..IMO..So go with Malkin..Lot of people are down on him.

Depends.If your main goal in this trade is to acquire a stud goalie, then definitely go with one of the first two. Lehner is far from a sure bet, and is probably years away from reaching his potential.I'd go with Halak, because he is cheaper, and you get him for an extra year. I really like what Price has done this year though.

Depends.If your main goal in this trade is to acquire a stud goalie, then definitely go with one of the first two. Lehner is far from a sure bet, and is probably years away from reaching his potential.I'd go with Halak, because he is cheaper, and you get him for an extra year. I really like what Price has done this year though.
Is there any chance that Halak is a bust by next year? Well, I guess "any" exists, but I hate the thought of trading for a possible backup, or the next starter to lose his job.
Do you guys think Malkin is just having an off year?
yes. I do belive he will be amongst the top5 again next year.But in this trade, Im only getting 1year of Malkin, and getting multiple years of Halak, which will allow me to trade Halak this time next year to whoever is playing for the future then. That, along with the value of gtd in this pool (15poolies, 3gtd spots ea), make this an obv Halak trade. Just Lehner is a gtd I like too. And Price is my other possible alternative.

I'd say the chances that Halak is not the started in St. Louis next season are incredibly slim. Barring Injury, STL is going to ride Halak for as long as they can. They have invested too much into him to give up on him, regardless how long this 'slump' lasts.

Malkin is only for next year, but Lehner could conceivably be 6years.categories: W, GAA, minutesplayer: g,a,pts,pims,+/-
The Senators can go in a million directions next year but this is known: a. they will have a ton of cap July 1st b. they will be more aggressive in bringing up rookiesc. Leclaire is goned. Elliot doesn't have the stamina to be a #1e. Lehner is only 19 -- but hasn't been all that amazing at the WJC U20sIf I had to guess... if the team can get a quality starter they will go that route (and let Lehner develop in the AHL)

In my NFGHL my prize possession is Brayden Schenn.What do you guys think is his ceiling?Is he a solid 60 pts player, or is there a chance he can become a 80-100 pt star?

If I had to guess... if the team can get a quality starter they will go that route (and let Lehner develop in the AHL)
I agree with your thinking, I cant seem them passing the reigns onto a 19/20yr old.and thanks! I really appreciate the hometown viewpoint/info.
In my NFGHL my prize possession is Brayden Schenn.What do you guys think is his ceiling?Is he a solid 60 pts player, or is there a chance he can become a 80-100 pt star?
I think he's got a shot at 80. I dont think he's 100, but I like his chances of being a 70-80.Just probably wont be for 3-4yrs.
  • 2 weeks later...

I went with Halak. I only mention it, because if you have him in any pools, get rid of him now. Im the number 13 wearing black cat of hockey pools this year. I got a lot riding on you Mr.Halak and the St.Louis Blues. 11-12 better be your year.

I went with Halak. I only mention it, because if you have him in any pools, get rid of him now. Im the number 13 wearing black cat of hockey pools this year. I got a lot riding on you Mr.Halak and the St.Louis Blues. 11-12 better be your year.
I had a similar decision recently, and stuck with Halak. I had less of an option, since my return on the other guys was lower. Oh well, picked up Brodeur on waivers (!?!?) and traded him back to the guy who dropped him for Kessel/Dustin Brown.
Getting Oshie, Perron and McDonald all back from injury can't hurt.
Getting Oshie, Perron and McDonald all back from injury can't hurt.
I bet someone $100 on StLouis to make the playoffs at the start of the year. I was recently given 2-1 by that same person if I put another $100 on the line for this year.sooo tempted to take it, Im really suprised they arent winning more games, even with the injuries. With Oshie back, and McD close, Im thinking they still might.
I think he's got a shot at 80. I dont think he's 100, but I like his chances of being a 70-80.Just probably wont be for 3-4yrs.
^^^ This, given what I saw in the WJC. 100+ in that timeframe if he gets quality linemates
^^^ This, given what I saw in the WJC. 100+ in that timeframe if he gets quality linemates
Meh, the WJC tends to lead players to be overrated, especially those that are already drafted, thus older than most of their competition. That extra year of development is huge, especially for a guy who played 9 (?) NHL games this season.Not saying that he couldn't be a 100 point guy, as rare as they are, but everyone's expectations tend to get inflated after a guy plays in his final WJC and dominates.

For Schenn, I see him as a probable 10-30 guy. I dont like to guess numbers, more of a rank in pts. Almost no one gets 100 anymore. He'll be like DRoy/MRichards stats wise. Probably next to never a top 10 in any scoring year, but a good lock for 30 or better in his prime.

For Schenn, I see him as a probable 10-30 guy. I dont like to guess numbers, more of a rank in pts. Almost no one gets 100 anymore. He'll be like DRoy/MRichards stats wise. Probably next to never a top 10 in any scoring year, but a good lock for 30 or better in his prime.
Grabovski like?
Grabovski like?
well, no, not in my opinion.I dont think I can say Grabovski is a lock to do anything that he hasnt done already, in any of his first 4 years. But who knows, maybe starting next year? Doubt it though.