Least Favorite Sports Show Personality

I'm just wondering who you guys despise watching/listening to. It could be anywhere, on any station. I will give you a few of mine.I can't stand wathcing/hearing:Chris Berman - take a f*cking breath when talking. This is why I can't watch the home run derby (I know its boring but he adds to me not watching it). I love watching the NFL draft, but I watch it with the volume turned off.Chris Carter - half the time this idiot doesn't know what the hell is talking about and then he gets frustrated and nonsensical words just start pouring out of his mouth. What makes matters worse is that he yells.Woody Paige - at first I thought the guy was funny, not anymore.Tony Kornheiser - This dude doesn't know jack shit about sports, period.Last but not least,Rod Allen - a color analyst here in Detroit for the Tigers. I now watch the majority of the games with mute on and the radio on even though there is a delay. He somehow was on the Detroit Tigers 84 world series team. He had a total of like 37 at bats that whole year. He plays it off as if he was a big reason to their championship. There was even a drinking game created due to his stupid catch phrases.I have many more. What are some of yours?

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

it's absolute insanity to questions collinsworth's greatness. he and al michaels are the GOAT announcing team.

Whitlock did a hit piece on Bomani today. Prior to this, I thought he and Bomani were boys. Bomani goes out of his way to defend Whitlock, and he's basically the only one on #BlackTwitter who capes fo

Joe Buck acts like he is God's gift to announcing. Also because he always hates on Minnesota sports....actually...that is mostly the reason.Moss mooning incident against GB is the most clear memory I

I fucking hate Berman. His smoker's voice, nicknames, and pretty much everything about him annoys me.Wayne Larrivee and his dumb sayings. THE ILLINI LEAD BY THE SLIMMEST OF MARGINS. His voice doesn't help either.Joe Morgan: talks and talks and talks and most of the time it doesn't seem like he knows what he's talking aboutDan Dierdorf: extremely opinionated and overly annoying. He has something that annoys me but can't think of it right now.There are a lot of NFL announcers that annoy me. Most of them are former players/lineman, but I'm probably biased because I'm not a huge NFL fan.

chris meyers can't stand the voicejose mota (local angels announcer) ok for analysis between innings or interviews after the game, but absolutely sucks when providing color commentarycharlie steiner wtf, really. is this podunk nebraska or los freakin' angeles.

Joe Buck acts like he is God's gift to announcing. Also because he always hates on Minnesota sports....actually...that is mostly the reason.Moss mooning incident against GB is the most clear memory I have of him. He also rags on the Twins every time they are on Saturday baseball.

• Like 1

Guys I hateCowherd: Just the worst. Brutally unfunny, extremely shticky. Breaks everything down into dumb clinches. He's better on a light weight show like sports nation, but that show is terrible, so it's a wash. Wish he'd just go away. Mike and Mike: They have been poisoned, I think, by ESPN radio execs, their show is just all wacka wacka jokes and lame radio hack teases. Basically their show is the protype of everything I hate about sport talk radio shows. IE A dumb jock that gives hacky sports analysis, and a hacky radio guy that fills time with garbage. Typical Football Analyst Guys ( TFAGS). These are the Schlariths, the Trent Dilfers, the Millens, the tom jacksons. THe type of guys that just fill their "analysis" not with actual interesting information, but with shit like "the player just didn't play with enough heart" "one team wanted it more" ETC. A good way to spot one of these guys is to see how many times they gratuitously say " Football " and "the national football league" . Note: though Jaws talks like one of these guys, I think he actually provides good analysis often ( along with some hacky stuff too). Almost every former player color guy in baseball that is hostile to advanced statistical analysis of the game. Personally, unless a color guy is legitimately funny or can tell old school honest stories, there's almost no need for them in baseball, because they almost never tell you something interesting or useful. Basically, their job is to fill time in the long, boring luls in baseball, and most of them are terrible at it. I'd rather listen to a guy like Vin Scully just call a game alone with no color. Almost everyone on around the horn: that show started sucking **** the morment max kellerman left. Kellerman had such open contempt for sports writers, that he would abuse and shame them, and Reali just doesn't have the same barbs that Kellerman did.Since this is all about guys we hate, I'll give some guys I love.Chris Collingsworth . So glad they replaced madden with him. He's one of the very, very few color guys I actually like, that actually gives you useful info and breaks stuff down and explains things in non cliches.Both PTI guys. I love wilbon and tony both. I think they have great chemistry together, and I'm so happy TK's radio show is back on the air ( I dl it on itunes) . It's not a real sports heavy show, which I like. And I think TK is one of the few legitimately funny guys in sports.Dave Dameshek - the former sports guy on the Adam Carolla show, had his own show in los angeles, and now is relegated to podcasts. He's another legit funny guy ( worked as a comedy writer on several shows in hollywood, including Kimmel's show, the man show and others). And he's got a great, weird voice which goes a long way. ESPN has neutered him in alot of ways, but I still like him. I think he and Bill simmons should leave ESPN and get a radio show together somewhere.Dan Lebatard. He actually might be my favorite sports media guy. HE's such a contrarian. He's one of the few guys that calls people out on all the garbage sports analysis that people do, all the cliches people cling to, that don't mean anything. His radio show is almosts an anti-sports show, a deconstruction of a sports show. The funniest thing I listen to every day, without a doubt. This show should be national, if I thought america was smart enough to get it ( and had enough of a sense of humor about their sports ( people take sports SERIOUSLY, and I don't know how it would do)).Skip Bayless. I used to hate him, when he was a chicago tribune writer, when he first showed up on like Jim Rome's show guest hosting, and on ESPN. But now I rhnk he's just funny and a clown. He takes these absurd positions, and argues them absolutely, and sends everyone on tilt. I think he's 100 percent calculated, and I love it. He's like a heel in WWE or something. He has more personality than almost anyone else on ESPNMax Kellerman. God I miss him. He was another one who called the media out for being stupid, cliched and sheepish. I loved him on around the horn ( when he was the first one to dare speak what I believed, that Favre was overrated), I loved I, Max, and I loved his NYC radio show. BUt now he has none of these, and is just a boxing guy, and it makes me sad, because he's 10 times the brains and talent of a guy like cowherd. If I had my druthers, I'd start a national radio network that syndicated Kellerman, Lebatard, Kornheiser, and a Dameshek/simmons show.

Guys I hateCowherd: Just the worst. Brutally unfunny, extremely shticky. Breaks everything down into dumb clinches. He's better on a light weight show like sports nation, but that show is terrible, so it's a wash. Wish he'd just go away. Mike and Mike: They have been poisoned, I think, by ESPN radio execs, their show is just all wacka wacka jokes and lame radio hack teases. Basically their show is the protype of everything I hate about sport talk radio shows. IE A dumb jock that gives hacky sports analysis, and a hacky radio guy that fills time with garbage. Typical Football Analyst Guys ( TFAGS). These are the Schlariths, the Trent Dilfers, the Millens, the tom jacksons. THe type of guys that just fill their "analysis" not with actual interesting information, but with shit like "the player just didn't play with enough heart" "one team wanted it more" ETC. A good way to spot one of these guys is to see how many times they gratuitously say " Football " and "the national football league" . Note: though Jaws talks like one of these guys, I think he actually provides good analysis often ( along with some hacky stuff too). Almost every former player color guy in baseball that is hostile to advanced statistical analysis of the game. Personally, unless a color guy is legitimately funny or can tell old school honest stories, there's almost no need for them in baseball, because they almost never tell you something interesting or useful. Basically, their job is to fill time in the long, boring luls in baseball, and most of them are terrible at it. I'd rather listen to a guy like Vin Scully just call a game alone with no color. Almost everyone on around the horn: that show started sucking **** the morment max kellerman left. Kellerman had such open contempt for sports writers, that he would abuse and shame them, and Reali just doesn't have the same barbs that Kellerman did.Since this is all about guys we hate, I'll give some guys I love.Chris Collingsworth . So glad they replaced madden with him. He's one of the very, very few color guys I actually like, that actually gives you useful info and breaks stuff down and explains things in non cliches.Both PTI guys. I love wilbon and tony both. I think they have great chemistry together, and I'm so happy TK's radio show is back on the air ( I dl it on itunes) . It's not a real sports heavy show, which I like. And I think TK is one of the few legitimately funny guys in sports.Dave Dameshek - the former sports guy on the Adam Carolla show, had his own show in los angeles, and now is relegated to podcasts. He's another legit funny guy ( worked as a comedy writer on several shows in hollywood, including Kimmel's show, the man show and others). And he's got a great, weird voice which goes a long way. ESPN has neutered him in alot of ways, but I still like him. I think he and Bill simmons should leave ESPN and get a radio show together somewhere.Dan Lebatard. He actually might be my favorite sports media guy. HE's such a contrarian. He's one of the few guys that calls people out on all the garbage sports analysis that people do, all the cliches people cling to, that don't mean anything. His radio show is almosts an anti-sports show, a deconstruction of a sports show. The funniest thing I listen to every day, without a doubt. This show should be national, if I thought america was smart enough to get it ( and had enough of a sense of humor about their sports ( people take sports SERIOUSLY, and I don't know how it would do)).Skip Bayless. I used to hate him, when he was a chicago tribune writer, when he first showed up on like Jim Rome's show guest hosting, and on ESPN. But now I rhnk he's just funny and a clown. He takes these absurd positions, and argues them absolutely, and sends everyone on tilt. I think he's 100 percent calculated, and I love it. He's like a heel in WWE or something. He has more personality than almost anyone else on ESPNMax Kellerman. God I miss him. He was another one who called the media out for being stupid, cliched and sheepish. I loved him on around the horn ( when he was the first one to dare speak what I believed, that Favre was overrated), I loved I, Max, and I loved his NYC radio show. BUt now he has none of these, and is just a boxing guy, and it makes me sad, because he's 10 times the brains and talent of a guy like cowherd. If I had my druthers, I'd start a national radio network that syndicated Kellerman, Lebatard, Kornheiser, and a Dameshek/simmons show.
Love the bold portion and agree. Maybe that's how I feel about Dierdorf even though he's in the booth. There's something about him that I hate.forgot to add Around the Horn and especially Jay Mariotti.No hate for Berman?

I think what started me off on starting this topic was when I went to turn on the Michigan football game this past Saturday and was unpleasantly met by:Pam Ward (Espn) - I can't stand this bull dyke. Her stupid made up word "trickeration" she pulls out when anyone runs an, end around. Every time I hear her voice I groan and picture her face. Once again I muted the tv and listened to the radio even though there was a delay.Todd Wright - this turd comes on late night here in the Detroit area. He talks mainly about things he knows really well: golf, nascar, tennis, and WWE. Not that he doesn't talk the major sports, but not nearly as often as you should on a nationally broadcast radio show. He only interviews people that he considers his friends and doesn't accept people to call in and ask questions. Unless, that is, he is doing one of his stupid drafts. I really don't know how he could get his own syndicated talk show.

The top of my list is Bill Walton. No one on any sports show ever has contradicted themselves during a live broadcast as often as he does. I don't care if my favorite team or player is playing, if he is doing commentary I'm likely to not watch the game.

The top of my list is Bill Walton. No one on any sports show ever has contradicted themselves during a live broadcast as often as he does. I don't care if my favorite team or player is playing, if he is doing commentary I'm likely to not watch the game.
He's terrrrible. I used to hate him too, but then I decided he just didn't really care what he was saying and it became funny to me.Chris Berman is at the top of my list and then there's a huge gap before you get to number two.I wholeheartedly agree with BigD's love list.
I wholeheartedly agree with BigD's love list.
I didn't like Lebetard at first but I'm becoming quite the fan of his. I like it when he fills in for TK on PTI. I'm not as big on Kellerman, but I don't hear his stuff as much.

For the AmericansI watch some American TV but it shouldn't be enough to actually be irriated by anyone. However I can't stand Jim Rome, what a twat. On "Rome is Burning" he rips into everyone who is not on the show but as soon as he has a guest he kisses more ass that should be humanly possible. I just can't stand the two faced nature of the program. I can understand why folk don't like Kornheiser, if its not a sport he is interested in he loses interest real quick and just tries to be funny. Also he was rubbish Monday Night Football. Max Kellerman was fantastic on Around the Horn, he is wasted on the boxing stuff that he does. On that note it took a long time to get used to Reali as he did not appear to be able to control the show correctly. I don't think he used the mute buttom for at least the 1st month!For the Non-AmericansIan Wright, Andy Townsend and Mark Lawrenson would not be missed on my TV. They are all bloody awful

Not sure if I have any specifics, but I can't stand:Guys who "get inside the mind" of whoever made a play. be it a bad or good play. Just tell it like you see it, you're not a psychic.Guys who don't understand that their opinion is simply that: an opinion. Just because you're paid to yabber on TV doesn't mean your word is gospel.Guys who say "It's a lock" or something similar about the outcome of a game yet to be played. It might look that way on paper, buddy, but lots of things can happen during the course of a game. And, no,I don't have the time or inclination to track your pathetic results over the course of a season to find out if you got lucky with the spread or not.Staters of the obviousThat being said, I've always liked Al Michaels and John Madden. They bring different angles to their commentary and nobody, I mean NOBODY, handles a light pen like John Madden.

No hate for Berman?
Ah berman. Berman's like my obnoxious drunken uncle or something... I never know where I am on the love/hate rollercoster with him. He's absurd and awful of course, but some times I love his absurdity, and sometimes I hate him. depends on the day I guess.
Todd Wright - this turd comes on late night here in the Detroit area. He talks mainly about things he knows really well: golf, nascar, tennis, and WWE. Not that he doesn't talk the major sports, but not nearly as often as you should on a nationally broadcast radio show. He only interviews people that he considers his friends and doesn't accept people to call in and ask questions. Unless, that is, he is doing one of his stupid drafts. I really don't know how he could get his own syndicated talk show.
This guy is terrible too. His the prototype exaple of the Typical Radio Sports Talkshow Host. Just blathers cliches and nonsense and isn't at all clever and funny.RE: bill walton. Yeah, I just think he's goofy and funny. He's bad, but not in any typical, standard sort of way, so I just think he's funny. And there's something about his voice that makes me smile.
Sidenote, thanks to this thread I'm listening to the Lebetard show from before the Miami/VT game and it's hilarious.
It's even better with his side kick stugotz, who was off for the holy days.
It's even better with his side kick stugotz, who was off for the holy days.
When I first started listening, I hated Stugotz, but after a couple weeks he grew on me and now I think he's vital to the show. Although when he goes full stubborn mode, it can be a little annoying. I'm also in the "likes it when he laughs at Roy's top ten" camp.
When I first started listening, I hated Stugotz, but after a couple weeks he grew on me and now I think he's vital to the show. Although when he goes full stubborn mode, it can be a little annoying. I'm also in the "likes it when he laughs at Roy's top ten" camp.
yeah, you just have to get used to what the stugotz role in the show is.. he's the sports idiot, the guy that spews out all the cliches and typical sports opinions that Dan rips on. And also calls dan to task when he gets too far out there. And he can also be legit funny at times. If you haven't heard it, listen to the show where they interview MC Hammer, and Rick Berry, where he just goes and attacks them. Hammer, who was being rude to the show, he just shot down and shut up.. but Berry and him were screaming at each other, it was fantastic.
Cowherd: Just the worst. Brutally unfunny, extremely shticky. Breaks everything down into dumb clinches. He's better on a light weight show like sports nation, but that show is terrible, so it's a wash. Wish he'd just go away.
Every fucking day at 3 pm or whenever his radio show is aired on ESPN my roommate last year had him on. I couldn't even be in the same room because of how much he irritated me.Also, we are no longer roommates.

I also hate pretty much all baseball media types. Joe Morgan is enemy #1 to me. It isn't so much that he and others don't accept advanced baseball metrics, it's the outright disgust they show for people that do use these things (or as they call them "propellerheads", "VORPies", etc). Whenever presented with an argument in favor of these metrics, they write them off as "geeks" who have never played baseball in their life and are therefore incapable of providing useful insight.God they tilt the shit out of me.

Here's my 'short' list of suck:Jim Rome, Jay Mariotti (the s***ty columns and Around the Horn), Kirk Herbstreit, Stuart Scott (pretty much 90% of ESPN could make my list), Doug Gottlieb, Joe Morgan, Skip Bayless, Berman (reasons already stated), Shannon Sharpe, Lennox Lewis (he botches a name in almost every fight he calls on HBO), Brian Baldinger (So glad FOX got rid of him)My Favorites: Cris Collinsworth, Max Kellerman, Jim Lampley, Gus Johnson (pretty much has the typical 'guy on the couch reaction' when something spectacular happens), Brian Billick (VERY smart in booth), Dan Patrick (would like less of his producers on his show, but it's still good), Johnny Miller (brutally honest golf analyst, he's the best)wsox, being a Packers fan, I actually like Larrivee, but this quote during a Illinois basketball game always makes me shake my head: "You can count the number of losses on one hand, a record of 84-6!" Oyyyy.