My Thoughts On The Racial And Religious Issues

There's just some things that I would like to comment on in relation to DNs blog.The first thing is his disapproval of the term 'African-American'. I completely agree with him. It wasnt just this issue but other things like this that came up in the last 6 months or so. I believe people these days are too racially and religously aware. You see a black guy and you call him black. Is that racist ? It's like calling a good looking person 'hot', its not offensive, its just the truth. And the term African American doesnt make much sense anyway, so calling them black, IMO is politicaly correct. And this co-incidentally brings up a point made about Daniel. People accuse him of not knowing what he is talking about because he is a high school drop out, he is a pro poker player etc. Does this mean he is not entitled to his opinion ? Or that his opinion is worthless and void ? I think this is just rude, ignorant and arrogant. Daniel has never said he is right. He may have said he thinks he is right however. People should learn to respect all people. Me, Daniel, George Bush, Tom Cruise, the janitor, the store manager, the flight attendant that works at the airport, all their opinions are valid and are just that, THEIR opinions. YOu shouldnt completely dismiss someones idea because they never went to high school. If their idea is total bullsh*t and they claim that they are 100% right, then I wouldnt hold their opinion in very high regard at all, but when someone makes reasonable claims like Daniel, saying 'I hate you' is just plain immature.This leads me onto some of Daniel's ignorance or immaturity (bear in my mind, I am no contradicting what I said, I am just debating the issue). I'm not sure if Daniel ever said it directly, but I've heard plenty of other people say it. 'George Bush is stupid'. I dont know alot about American politics so I dont want to be rude and ignorant and comment on stuff I dont know enough about, but I guarentee you this, you do not become the most poerful man in the world by being stupid. Plain and simple. I cant see how someone could even think that. Sure he has people that do alot of work, but would they work for 'an idiot' ? I think not. I, like Daniel and Bush, am a Christian. My beliefs differ some bit (Well I'm not entirely sure what Daniels or Bushes are) tho. I believe the gospels and I believe that Jesus was the son of God and came down to earth and performed miracles. I do not believe other stuff in the bible (eg a man called Noah built an Ark and God killed everyone else in the world). I believe 90% or so of the Bible is either methophorical or just plain untrue. I believe alot of what is in the bible was written by a high priest or monk just to suit them at the time. I also believe that if a person has a good heart, lives a good life and helps other people, s/he will go to heaven. Not sure how much relevance that has to the subject but just thought I'd throw it in in case it helps you understand my views better.

I don't see what the problem is with "African-American". It is the formal term for their race and many want to be called that. To answer the question in DN's blog, yes, we call people Italian-American and German-American. If a black person was in Italy, he would be an African-Italian. It's pretty simple.