Dn - You Have Lost A Fan

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WaaahhhhWaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHSeriously. Like Daniel gives a ****. Thanks for sharing your whine with the rest of us. Idgit. May not agree, but I love this country. And freedom of speech ain't the first amendmant for nothin.

I am totally cool with people having opinions that go against mine. It really bugs me when 'celebrities' think because they have a certain skill or fame, then their opinions on any topic are gold.Daniel - You are a phucking high school drop out. You are a professional poker player. You are NOT an expert regarding political leadership, global politics, political policy, and the true workings of American government. You making such extreme unfounded statements (ie "Bush doesn't like black people" etc), shows your ignorance & maturity.
Uh, last time I checked, Daniel was a person. Just because he is famous doesn't mean that he thinks his opinion is gold. Also, just because he is famous doesn't mean that he stops having an opinion. The only difference that his fame brings is that more people will know his opinion, and some people will respect it more because of his fame. I don't agree with a lot of what Daniel says in his blog, but it really isn't any of my business, so I just ignore it and go on with my life. I don't agree with about 100% of what comes out the mouths of actors in Hollywood, but I still go see movies all the time. You know why? Their opinion, in no way, affects their abilities as actors. If it did, they wouldn't be good actors, and nobody would go see their movies.Your knee-jerk reaction to Daniel's expression of his opinion, on Daniel's own forum, no less, shows your lack of maturity.
Uh, last time I checked, Daniel was a person. Just because he is famous doesn't mean that he thinks his opinion is gold. Also, just because he is famous doesn't mean that he stops having an opinion. The only difference that his fame brings is that more people will know his opinion, and some people will respect it more because of his fame. I don't agree with a lot of what Daniel says in his blog, but it really isn't any of my business, so I just ignore it and go on with my life. I don't agree with about 100% of what comes out the mouths of actors in Hollywood, but I still go see movies all the time. You know why? Their opinion, in no way, affects their abilities as actors. If it did, they wouldn't be good actors, and nobody would go see their movies.Your knee-jerk reaction to Daniel's expression of his opinion, on Daniel's own forum, no less, shows your lack of maturity.
I agree with you that Daniel is just a person. I agree that he is entitled to your opinion. I agree actors opinions do not effect their abilities as actors. I also agree that my post showed a lack of maturity, hence I attempted to delete it.
I agree with you that Daniel is just a person. I agree that he is entitled to your opinion. I agree actors opinions do not effect their abilities as actors. I also agree that my post showed a lack of maturity, hence I attempted to delete it.
I didn't see your post Guero, but I can guess what it said. If you truly believe in this being a free country where people aren't crucified for their opinions, then I hope you can respect the fact that we disagree on this topic and move on. To hate someone for having an opposing view just isn't good for the soul. I think Bush has done a terrrible job as president on many fronts. That's my opinion, and if I'm "hated" for it, well, then there isn't much I can do about that.
I think Bush has done a terrrible job as president on many fronts. That's my opinion, and if I'm "hated" for it, well, then there isn't much I can do about that.
I'm with ya dog.I still sport my Kerry/Edwards sticker on my truck. Holding on to the dream! B)
I didn't see your post Guero, but I can guess what it said. If you truly believe in this being a free country where people aren't crucified for their opinions, then I hope you can respect the fact that we disagree on this topic and move on. To hate someone for having an opposing view just isn't good for the soul. I think Bush has done a terrrible job as president on many fronts. That's my opinion, and if I'm "hated" for it, well, then there isn't much I can do about that.
DN-The post was a knee-jerk reaction as has been pointed out by someone in this thread. Basically it stated things like "you are immature & ignorant regarding Bush doesn't like black people or muslims" and how you, as a high school drop-out, have no credibility as to make such loud political statements.I did not say anything about hating you. I applauded your interest in your fans, your charitable work, your poker skills, and your stance publicity of your religion. I was much more frustrated that you would engage in such divisive hot topics. From now on, I will continue to respect the underlined comments I made, but I will not give a sheit about anything else you do.I recognize I am just ONE person, and we disagree. That's totally fine. I just am not going to emulate/support/etc you anymore.-andy

Its his opinion and everybody has their own. Who cares if Daniel's opinion is different than anyone elses? He writes a blog and is entitled to say what he wants. People don't need to read it if they don't want to.

Its his opinion and everybody has their own. Who cares if Daniel's opinion is different than anyone elses? He writes a blog and is entitled to say what he wants. People don't need to read it if they don't want to.
His audience is about 10,000x the size of you 'sharing one of your opinions.' Daniel is on TV, has bobbleheads, and is a household name for people who watch/play/etc poker. He should be a bit more responsible when he makes extreme statements regarding things he has no expertise in.He is free to do as he pleases. I'm free to not 'admire him' anymore.
DN-The post was a knee-jerk reaction as has been pointed out by someone in this thread. Basically it stated things like "you are immature & ignorant regarding Bush doesn't like black people or muslims" and how you, as a high school drop-out, have no credibility as to make such loud political statements.I did not say anything about hating you. I applauded your interest in your fans, your charitable work, your poker skills, and your stance publicity of your religion. I was much more frustrated that you would engage in such divisive hot topics. From now on, I will continue to respect the underlined comments I made, but I will not give a sheit about anything else you do.I recognize I am just ONE person, and we disagree. That's totally fine. I just am not going to emulate/support/etc you anymore.-andy
I find this whole board interesting today. We complain about the alleged "ignorance" of DN by using our own alleged "ignorance" It's rare to see this topic discussed with maturity and that bugs the hell out of me more than what I believe is going on in the world. Since when were people not allwed to have opinions without being bombarded with insults and such hate? After reading a bunch of posts in all these topics I have seen opinions I greatly disagree with and yet I feel no need to copy and paste and then go on a full blown attack like others have. Actually mrdanny and donk have had the most interesting conversations about the issues without getting ugly about it. Kudo's to them.Opinions our our own. We get them by whatever means possible. Some just watch FOXNews. Some just watch CNN. Some watch both. Some read the Washington Post and the LA times while others read yahoo headlines. If someone doesn't believe what you believe (and quit with the I know the facts shit because you can't always prove it) then so be it. We talk about freedom and crap but we demand that people think they way we think. That is not freedom.My wife is in politics. She is a policy manager, works with the speech writer, and does the content on the website of a person running for Congress this November. It amazes me how people act when she is doing her door to doors to help out even more. The things said to her, the way people act. I have people from opposing camps come to my door and I tell them no thanks, not interested. My wife gets spit at, yelled at, cursed at, threatened, etc. This country and it's people need to grow the **** up and learn some civility.If DN doesn't like Bush, then so bloody ****ing what. Talk to him, ask him questions, don't insult and attack him, it ruins your stance as it makes you look like a ****ing monkey. /end rant

I dont think any of the posters hate you for having an opinion. Thats your right to and Im certainly all for you having it. I think people made a big deal because some of what you said was uninformed and made you sound like you had no clue what you were talking about. I respect your view on the President, however I support him 100 percent. I can allow you to have your say and still like you. Im sorry your opinion is so wrong but thats something you can work on in the future!

Daniel, could you specify what the many fronts are? Although I totally agree everone has a right to their opinion and should express it when compelled to, I also think you should expect people to respond in various ways. I think "blanket" acusations without anything to back it up can be hurtful. Perhaps if you better stated these "fronts" that GWB screwed up in the people would better understand why you feel the way you do.

I dont think any of the posters hate you for having an opinion. Thats your right to and Im certainly all for you having it. I think people made a big deal because some of what you said was uninformed and made you sound like you had no clue what you were talking about. I respect your view on the President, however I support him 100 percent. I can allow you to have your say and still like you. Im sorry your opinion is so wrong but thats something you can work on in the future!
i think its quite amusing when ppl get all excited when the topic of politics comes up...most ppl dont know enough to make an informed opinion, yet most are sure what they say is right on....how about ppl leave the lying, cheating and stealing to the politicians and come elections, close your eyes and pick a box../rant

Daniel is entitled to his opinion. We dont have to agree with it but we should respect it. Thats what makes the USA the best country in the world. In some countries Daniel would have been thrown in jail or killed. I agree that Daniel's blog came across as sympathetic to the wacky Iranian, but we all know thats not the case. We all should agree to disagree with his opinions on Bush (if you feel your opinions differ from his) but dont bash him for being honest.Peace

Mr. kid poker is certainly allowed to have his opinions, but when he espouses such assinine statements in his public blog, he should be preprared for backlash from people who arent simply mezmerized by a genocidal lunatics ability to sound eloquent42
Very much agreed.
Daniel, could you specify what the many fronts are? Although I totally agree everone has a right to their opinion and should express it when compelled to, I also think you should expect people to respond in various ways. I think "blanket" acusations without anything to back it up can be hurtful. Perhaps if you better stated these "fronts" that GWB screwed up in the people would better understand why you feel the way you do.
I really don't want to get into a long winded debate about all of this stuff, but here are a few highlights where I think the president has done poorly:1. Communicating with the rest of the world. Being "likeable" isn't a must for a president, but it helps. When people get along with each other it's easier to get things done. When there is animosity towards one another, people worry more about getting screwed over while trying to screw the other person over. It usually means that deals are not made. Also, it creates more and more enemies which isn't a good thing. The world's view of America has gotten progressively worse after 9/11. Much of the world was sympathetic towards the U.S. after the attack, but after Bush decided to go after Iraq the public view changed in most countries.2. Should have stayed in Afganistan. From reports I read, he had Bin Laden cornered, but pulled troops out of there and sent them to Iraq.3. His response to Hurrican Katrina. It took too long to help those people and not enough resources were spent on that area fast enough. Again, this is my opinion. 4. Going to war with Iraq. This one got me mad. Originally, he said the reason he was going after Iraq was that he believed there was a link to Bin Laden and that Iraq had WMD's. Later, when we found nothing, no link to Bin Laden or any WMD's, he conveniently changed their reasoning for going to war to, "We are there to liberate the people." Come on now, that's B.S. That had nothing to do with why they went to war in the first place. Just this year, I saw Bush respond to following question, "What did Iraq have to do with 9/11?" Bush loudly says, "Nothing!" I think that the elder Bush had reason to attack Iraq when he was in office, but for George W. to attack Iraq because a guy from SAUDI ARABIA led an attack on the U.S. makes no sense. It seemed to me that George W. was looking for any excuse to attack Iraq and did everything he could to link Iraq to 9/11. Several people who used to work for Bush, that now can't take it anymore, have gone on record as saying there was no link to Iraq and the president knew it. Yet, Bush told them to "find one." I believe Richard Clarke and don't see any reasonable motive for him to lie about that.5. Cheaper medicine. The U.S. is the only country in the world that doesn't allows medical companies to charge whatever they want for medicine. People found that they could get the EXACT same bottle of Tylenol from Canada for a third of the price, and Bush's administration says we need to put a stop to this because the medicine could be dangerous. It comes from the exact same place as the medicine you find in the U.S. does. It's all lies. That's not the reason they don't want people going to Canada for cheaper medicine, the real reason is that the medical companies spend a lot of money supporting Bush's administration and they applied pressure on them to have it stopped. There are several more fronts where I feel as though Bush has shown to be a poor leader, but that's about as far as I want to go right now. More Americans voted for Al Gore than Bush. Gore would have been an outstanding president IMO.
"What did Iraq have to do with 9/11?" Bush loudly says, "Nothing!"
Can i ask where you saw/heard that? I don't remember hearing that. I do remember my favorite question when Katie Couric interviewed him a few weeks ago when she asked, "What's been the hardest part of your job as President" His response, "Finding a link between Iraq and Al Queda."Bet ol'e **** took him behind the woodshed for that answer.
3. His response to Hurrican Katrina. It took too long to help those people and not enough resources were spent on that area fast enough.
Daniel, I don't really know you. But, from what I've seen of you on TV, in person, and in your writings, you are a very intelligent and caring person. I agree with most of what you say.It's my impression that, if a natural disaster were to strike upon Hollywood/Los Angeles, Bush would immediately send everyone available to rescue actors, musicians, and the rest of the wealthy affected in that area of the country. But when a disaster affects a poor, primarily black, part of the country causing a large number of people to starve, get sick, get raped, and to die, Bush apparently had higher priorities.
I'm with ya dog.I still sport my Kerry/Edwards sticker on my truck. Holding on to the dream! B)
Whenever I see those bumper stickers I always check out the people driving the cars. Here in Palm Springs they are usaully pointy headed professor types with save the whales and greenpeace bumper stickers.As a Republican I felt the same way for 8 years of Clinton, so I know how you feel, from the other side.
I really don't want to get into a long winded debate about all of this stuff, but here are a few highlights where I think the president has done poorly:1. Communicating with the rest of the world. Being "likeable" isn't a must for a president, but it helps. When people get along with each other it's easier to get things done. When there is animosity towards one another, people worry more about getting screwed over while trying to screw the other person over. It usually means that deals are not made. Also, it creates more and more enemies which isn't a good thing. The world's view of America has gotten progressively worse after 9/11. Much of the world was sympathetic towards the U.S. after the attack, but after Bush decided to go after Iraq the public view changed in most countries.2. Should have stayed in Afganistan. From reports I read, he had Bin Laden cornered, but pulled troops out of there and sent them to Iraq.3. His response to Hurrican Katrina. It took too long to help those people and not enough resources were spent on that area fast enough. Again, this is my opinion. 4. Going to war with Iraq. This one got me mad. Originally, he said the reason he was going after Iraq was that he believed there was a link to Bin Laden and that Iraq had WMD's. Later, when we found nothing, no link to Bin Laden or any WMD's, he conveniently changed their reasoning for going to war to, "We are there to liberate the people." Come on now, that's B.S. That had nothing to do with why they went to war in the first place. Just this year, I saw Bush respond to following question, "What did Iraq have to do with 9/11?" Bush loudly says, "Nothing!" I think that the elder Bush had reason to attack Iraq when he was in office, but for George W. to attack Iraq because a guy from SAUDI ARABIA led an attack on the U.S. makes no sense. It seemed to me that George W. was looking for any excuse to attack Iraq and did everything he could to link Iraq to 9/11. Several people who used to work for Bush, that now can't take it anymore, have gone on record as saying there was no link to Iraq and the president knew it. Yet, Bush told them to "find one." I believe Richard Clarke and don't see any reasonable motive for him to lie about that.5. Cheaper medicine. The U.S. is the only country in the world that doesn't allows medical companies to charge whatever they want for medicine. People found that they could get the EXACT same bottle of Tylenol from Canada for a third of the price, and Bush's administration says we need to put a stop to this because the medicine could be dangerous. It comes from the exact same place as the medicine you find in the U.S. does. It's all lies. That's not the reason they don't want people going to Canada for cheaper medicine, the real reason is that the medical companies spend a lot of money supporting Bush's administration and they applied pressure on them to have it stopped. There are several more fronts where I feel as though Bush has shown to be a poor leader, but that's about as far as I want to go right now. More Americans voted for Al Gore than Bush. Gore would have been an outstanding president IMO.
Daniel,I appreciate you taking the time with all of this to point out your positions. For a Non-American citizen you exprees your position much more effective than the "I Hate bush because ......" without anything to back it up. I disagree with you on several issues and agree on a few....but I respect your views. I agree that GWB doesn't have a "Golden oratory".....On cheaper medicine...I am not sure that is a solution where one answer solves it, but If I am not wrong, doesn't Canada subsidise or offset drug prices? Medicine issues lead down to socialized medicine and having service in the military as a medic, military medicine is a lot like socialized medicine and I am not for it. But if you haven't been reading, Wal-mart and Target are starting a test market selling a month's supply of MEDS for 4.00 (Four Dollars) a month. I am if the opinion market forces can take care of many things given a shot. Wal mart an target will make a killing even if they are losing money on the MEDS, they will will recoup in seeling of merchandise while folks are they picking up MEDS.Katrina...How do you prepare for the worst natural disaster in US history?..Other states like Florida have the experience to deal with this...The federal government could have done better, but lets not give The NO Major and La Governor a free pass...they dropped the ball far worse...You are aware Missippi got the direct hit?...not new orleans?...perhaps Haley barber is a better governor the governor Blanco. Blanco veto getting the National Guard in an that really slowed law and order. Accouding to the passe cumatatis law we just can't send in the full blown military. Plenty of blame to pass around at all levels!!!On IRAQ, we were over there any way why not?....We should have dealt with them better when Bush 1 took over. You can say what you want...but any country that sends there terrorist thugs into our country now will lose it's right to exist. Period. That is why Madrid has been hit, and London. Not US..They know what will happen. Kadaffi threw in the towel. Also...you are aware that 500 shells filled with Mustard gas was found. The Dems did an incredible sidestep on this find and I the Bush should have knocked this one out of the park and rub pelosi's face in it...As for Gore getting the popular vote true, but I still prefere the electoial college because if we just went stictly to popular vote, the citizens of states like Wyoming, Montana, the Dakotos would literally have no voice in our society. All any politician would have to do is campaign in maybe 7 states and to heck with the others. I want to elect a President of the entir US not the Predisent of California, NY, Texas, Florida, Michaga, Georgia, Pennsylvania....I won't even begin to talk about gore...We would be up to our neck in spotted owls and driving horse and buggies...That's my response. DN, I still think you are a cool dude....I am close to hitting my matching FCP dollars (without having to redeposit), It's all good....Let's sing Kum Bi Yah and have a group hug. You are a stand up fellow

LMAO at Gore being a good president. He was a funny joke. However it was nice of him to invent the internet so we can play online poker hehe