This is both a gimmick and legitimate strategy post.Bodog 3/6 NLHE (6-handed)Cobalt $591Button $745SB $589BB $592Cobalt is CO w/ XX. Button likes to flat call on the button...a lot. I've got pretty extensive notes that he'll flat call there with almost ATC (both monsters and mediocre suited gap connectors). So far this session, he's done it to me a couple of times and taken the pot away post-flop (usually by calling or raising my c-bet). Don't know a lot about the BB yet, but he seems like a competent TAG.Pre-flop:2 folds, Cobalt raises to $20, Button calls, 1 fold, BB callsFlop ($63): T :D 8 :D 3 :club: (3 players)BB checks, Cobalt checks, Button bets $63, BB folds, Cobalt raises to $183Guess my exact two cards (including suits), win $5 on FT or Stars. One guess per person. Players that I've previously told are ineligible for this promotion. Expires in a week. Based on participation, I reserve the right to change the rules throughout the week.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i feel like your on a bluff. According to your post, it sounds like if you had soemthing you would just go ahead and bet it out and he would either call or raise you. So im gonna say 6h7h

If you know this guy is gonna call you down or reraise you, there is no reason not to lead here with a made hand. So your either on a draw here, hearts or 9T. Straight flush draw is completely possible, but I don't think you post here with that, it seems alittle too obvious. It also doesn't make alot of sense to open with a wide range of hands here, if you know the villain is going to call you. We know you don't have have an over pair because you you didn't lead, so... I'm think it's either QJhh or a mid pair. I wanna go with a pair of 7's. It would make since to play like you did here, because the way the button plays, leading with 7's wouldn't give you much information about your opponents hand. So there it is, two red 7's.(though the fact you asked for suits, makes me think it is a lot more likely this is actually a flush draw.)

This is both a gimmick and legitimate strategy post.Bodog 3/6 NLHE (6-handed)Cobalt $591Button $745SB $589BB $592Cobalt is CO w/ XX. Button likes to flat call on the button...a lot. I've got pretty extensive notes that he'll flat call there with almost ATC (both monsters and mediocre suited gap connectors). So far this session, he's done it to me a couple of times and taken the pot away post-flop (usually by calling or raising my c-bet). Don't know a lot about the BB yet, but he seems like a competent TAG.Pre-flop:2 folds, Cobalt raises to $20, Button calls, 1 fold, BB callsFlop ($63): T :D 8 :D 3 :club: (3 players)BB checks, Cobalt checks, Button bets $63, BB folds, Cobalt raises to $183Guess my exact two cards (including suits), win $5 on FT or Stars. One guess per person. Players that I've previously told are ineligible for this promotion. Expires in a week. Based on participation, I reserve the right to change the rules throughout the week.
Jd9d

You had ace of hearts, ten of spades.

This would be so much easier if the OP wasn't Cobalt.A :D 9 :club:

It also doesn't make alot of sense to open with a wide range of hands here, if you know the villain is going to call you.
...unless I've been setting the button up for this play.
This would be so much easier if the OP wasn't Cobalt.
How's that? :club: