Spring is in the air. My favorite time of year, when life throws off the death of winter and is reborn anew. Flowers sprout, birds chirp, mini creme eggs collect in vb's kitchen. The cycle of life begins again. FCP feels like it is in need of a little rebirth. This will be the first in a series of spring events I will organize. emoticon-0155-flower.pngThe 2009 Spring Heads Up Challengeemoticon-0155-flower.pngHere's how it works. Once we have a full list of entrants, I will create a bracket and randomly seed people in the bracket. There may be first round byes if necessary. Once you are paired with an opponent, you will play three heads-up no-limit hold-em tournaments on PokerStars for $5.25 each against that person at a time arranged between the two of you. (You will want to set up a series of private tournaments.) Winner of best of three matches advances to the next round. If you commit to play please don't disappear for a week, we want to get these matches done in a timely manner, and if someone is taking too long and holding up the competition I reserve the right to disqualify that person. Depending on how this goes it may be necessary to implement a strict time limit (like 3 days or something like that). Entry fee is $5, to be sent to vbnautilus (Venice Beach) on PokerStars. Payouts will be determined later, when we see how many entrants we have. Bounties: $5 from Beaverstyle for anyone who wins a match with K3. Suited or Unsuited. $5 from vbnautilus for the first person who wins a match on the very first hand$5 from rcgs59 to whoever beats Checkymcfold$5 from troyomac to knock out gilbertology, and a bonus $5 if the Capitals lose the series against the Pens.$5 from I_Fold8 if you suck out to bust lurbzCurrent paid entrants: 32Current prize pool: $165Payouts: 1st: $852nd: $403rd, 4th: $20Heads Up Challenge Bracket -- Click here

• Replies 514
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Spring has sprung.The grass is gris.VB is a scammer, he is.Count me in. My first condition is I cannot play on Sundays.(EDIT)Not a religious issue. Work related.Any other day of the week, Ill take on anyone anytime for $5 a pop.Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

I'm in, been meaning to throw a few $$ on stars anyway. I'll ship as soon as I can, few days I would guess.

I'd prolly do it if the response is good enough. NLHE HU is most definitely my weakest poker though. I'd love to format it that each person picks one game of their desire, and if it's a 1-1 tie, then the 3rd game is default hold 'em. It's all gravy though.

Can we make the buy in slightly higher?
Can I cash out my winnings after they are transferred to me?
This is part of the reason I'd like to keep the buyin low. Also, I think we will get more people if its cheap. Remember, you will win $$ along the way as you advance through your matches too. So the prize pool is just on top of that, and to make sure people have invested something so that they actually complete their matches.

This kinda plays off of that prior thread about HU battles. I really think that should be absorbed/incorporated into this. Not so much the "sure grudge matches", but the player pool.This would actually be pretty neat if we could get like at least 32 players. make it some sort of "formally informal" FCP HU title holder event.I dunno. I like this stuff. Just like the neg-o's and stuff. As a rec player, while money is a great reason, I always like having some sort of added purpose or competition in poker playing.

count me in. Hey cheaters from the $4.40 December Challenge get in so we could get our revenge. You got that Checky and Rayomac

Sounds like fun!I will be traveling in May (8th-25th) though. I'll probably be able to play occasionally in that period, but irregularly. I will decide once there is a schedule - if it's such that I can play my matches, I'm definitely in!