can any of you play spades?

Curious to see what kind of Spades players we have here.I have about 2 solid years of playing in advanced games, and am always looking for a new good partner when I have chances to play in my free time.

I've been playing spades for about 12 years now. Growing up on Long Island, you had to know how or you were left out. Of course some of the rules we played under were different than if you were to play online at Yahoo games o something but I can also play those games very well (IMO).

I play spades from time to time.... really fun game! I'm known as "Mr. Nil" 8) My highlight was basically being forced to call a blind nil. I picked up my hand and saw QJxxx of spades, yet managed to successfully pull off my nil!!!!

ya i play a few times a year with sum friends, great gamealso im decent at rummy, and heartsgin on yahoo is my game tho, im pretty nasty at thatspades is great for counting cards, can be pretty easy

I would put my spades level at mid-high. Being a part time Bridge player, spades comes very easy. Although, I did learn one thing about playing suicide spades. Your partner gets really mad at you if you go nil with the Ace of spades. I had one spade, it was the ace, and I had no other card above 9. He was mad at me even though it turned out that he took the 8 that he bid and there was no way he could go nil with the KQ. Suicide spades is always a fierce game. (Suicide is one person on each team must go nil every hand).

Curious to see what kind of Spades players we have here.I have about 2 solid years of playing in advanced games, and am always looking for a new good partner when I have chances to play in my free time.
I play spades, it's pretty much a family/neighborhood tradition. Been playing it since I was 8 or 9, been really good since I was about 14. To my utter incredulity my old Spades partner & I once pulled off a blind 13 (thanks to the ridiculously best draw ever and because if the other team made even the min. bid we'd lose anyway).
I am a professional bridge player so find spades quite easy. Alot of the concepts needed for advanced spades are beginner bridge concepts. I was ranked #4 on the spades ladder about 5 years ago on yahoo.
you're my hero. will you have my babies?
Learn to play Bridge.Spades is like Bridge for retards.I take that back.  Whist is like Bridge for retards.  Spades is like Whist for convicts...
Nope.Spades is played in county jails and the convicts in prison play pinochle.

I hate spades. I love hearts!! When I used to be a daytrader I would spend time playing hearts online at yahoo. I took it pretty seriously. No one would play with me live. When they did I would crush them. I crushed them in spades too if I got a decent partner.We had a huge ladder competition on Yahoo I stayed in the top 5% all the time. I was about to start studying bridge but I found poker instead. That killed my hearts game. I feel my hearts game helped my poker game. I checked to see how the yahoo ladder was doing last week and they had 1 person on the ladder. OMG they used to have 20,000 + when I was ranked #3. I guess 19,999 people found a real game (poker) :roll:

I'd be willing to take you up on that Smash. It's been about 6 months since I have played, but I think that Bridge is one of the most challenging games there is. It's just a shame that it's not as big as it used to be. I would play more if I knew people that actually played the game. Online is just not the same because it's a game that you really have to play with the same partner for a while to get a feel for how the other plays.

I'd be willing to take you up on that Smash. It's been about 6 months since I have played, but I think that Bridge is one of the most challenging games there is. It's just a shame that it's not as big as it used to be. I would play more if I knew people that actually played the game. Online is just not the same because it's a game that you really have to play with the same partner for a while to get a feel for how the other plays.It'd be cool if we could get 4.The random pop up people on Yahoo vary wildly from people bidding slams every hand arbitrarily to people telling you they play transfers and then...not..to occasioanl competent players.

Spades, Hearts, Bridge, all fun. Lots of skill in Bridge on the bidding side of it, but it takes a long time to get in sync with a new partner. I like w2, stayman, michaels, flannery, and unusual 2nt, but I betcha no two players on this site use the same conventions and play 'em exactly the same way even if they do.I love hardcore Spades (none of this blind crap or trading cards with your partner - those rules are there to give inferior players a chance to get lucky). It is the only card game I know of where you can win consistently with bad cards if you are better than your opponents.I'd love to play again if you're still looking for a partner.