Gonna Stick It To The General Manager

Well, a couple of weeks ago I told a manager(who I thought was making the schedules) that I couldn't work until 1 because i was going to start going back to church. Well this manager has always had it out for me and he never told the general manager(who was actually doing the scheduling). So they scheduled me for two sundays 9-3 so i finally went and told the manager I couldn't work until 1. The week before, i switched with the guy who was working 12-close and then told the manager that i couldn't come until 1. So today the GM was working and then he asked if I opened tomorrow and he said, "do you work open tomorrow? oh no, you switched." and I said, "yeah but I can't come in until 1" and he asked what time the other guy was scheduled and I told him 12 and he said that I had to come in at 12. But I'm not going to!!!! Eat it manager!This place makes it so hard to be a good Christian and not lose my temper.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So you're going in an hour later?Way to stick it to the man!
He told me that I need to be there at 12, and he is the general manager not one of the managers of a department. I just got sick of it, they accomodate anyone else. This place wonders why they can't take down the "now hiring" sign. It's because they treat everyone like crap.
Well, a couple of weeks ago I told a manager(who I thought was making the schedules) that I couldn't work until 1 because i was going to start going back to church. Well this manager has always had it out for me and he never told the general manager(who was actually doing the scheduling). So they scheduled me for two sundays 9-3 so i finally went and told the manager I couldn't work until 1. The week before, i switched with the guy who was working 12-close and then told the manager that i couldn't come until 1. So today the GM was working and then he asked if I opened tomorrow and he said, "do you work open tomorrow? oh no, you switched." and I said, "yeah but I can't come in until 1" and he asked what time the other guy was scheduled and I told him 12 and he said that I had to come in at 12. But I'm not going to!!!! Eat it manager!This place makes it so hard to be a good Christian and not lose my temper.
first off, congrads on going back to church... thats an awesome step...2nd... ive been in the same position... so how serious is your job to you? is this your career or just a job that gets u by.... cause if its ur career, leave church early, go to work at 12 and have a serious talk with your GMif its just a get u by job... then screw it... go in at one in street clothes and say your not coming back until they can work around your schedule.
first off, congrads on going back to church... thats an awesome step...2nd... ive been in the same position... so how serious is your job to you? is this your career or just a job that gets u by.... cause if its ur career, leave church early, go to work at 12 and have a serious talk with your GMif its just a get u by job... then screw it... go in at one in street clothes and say your not coming back until they can work around your schedule.
I think they're gonna try to get rid of me anyways, i did a post about this about 4 days ago. This job is horrible and I just have it as a job, it's at a Staples, they treat everyone like junk. I could really care less.

Jesus wouldn't be late for work. Goto the early service and tell them you'll get there as soon as you can, but you have other priorities. If they can't handle that, really stick it to the GM and pray that he gets in a serious but non-fatal car accident with a tree.

Jesus wouldn't be late for work.
Didn't Jesus also not go to church? (let me make this clear, I'm joking and don't flame me or try to make this a hi-jacked religious thread)Also, I leave this topic with a Jimmy Carr Quote: "If we're all gods children, what makes Jesus special?"Edit: Well, you can still flame me
Jesus wouldn't be late for work. Goto the early service and tell them you'll get there as soon as you can, but you have other priorities. If they can't handle that, really stick it to the GM and pray that he gets in a serious but non-fatal car accident with a tree.
There is no early service at the church I go to. And trust me, I have prayed many nights on what to do with this job. I don't need this job at all and with how badly they treat us, it's horrible.

I respect your decision to not work Sundays do to church. They may have given you plenty of reason to have a bad attitude towards working there, but that doesn't change the fact that you do have a very bad attitude about working there. Do yourself a favor and them for that matter and go in at 1pm and give them your notice, make sure to put your reasons in writing. Giving them notice would be the Christian thing to do, even if they are driving you away from the job.

Tell him to **** off to his face and never list the place as a reference. It will make you feel great and you'll always have a good story to tell and know that you didn't put up with their crap. The Nazi's made the Jews work on the sabath day....

I respect your decision to not work Sundays do to church. They may have given you plenty of reason to have a bad attitude towards working there, but that doesn't change the fact that you do have a very bad attitude about working there. Do yourself a favor and them for that matter and go in at 1pm and give them your notice, make sure to put your reasons in writing. Giving them notice would be the Christian thing to do, even if they are driving you away from the job.
Yes, I know I have a very bad attitude about working there. I have prayed many times for patience while at work and I keep failing(sometimes). And now I've heard that they're basically going to try to get rid of me. I'm gonig to go apply at a few places on monday. This place(store) can't keep anyone hired and one person said it was the most depressing place he's ever worked. It just seems that they bend over backwards for everyone else, but the time I ask for something or need something they say no because they know i'm a good guy and won't argue and fight about it and I'll show up.This job is just eating at me, because I try to be very patient and work for them as if I were working for Christ but they make it SOO difficult. And it makes it even harder because I know I failed at being patient and respectful.EDIT: Niners rule!

Get a job at Chick-Fil-A - they are religious nuts and not open on sundays for that reason. Or, In-N-Out - I figure since they force religion on people by putting gospel messages on all their stuff they'd probably understand as well.Good luck!

don't sweat this job so much.you don't owe them more than a good days work please, it's just staples
I use to try to work hard, but they never respected it and always abused it. They broke my will to respect them and value anything that they say/do because I know they just say different behind my back.I've been there 6 months, and I have the 3rd highest seniority(would be 5th but I don't count these two older ladies who live at Staples) yet I make less than two guys they hired 2 months ago(one only had 3 months experience at Frys grocery store while i had 1 year at Harkins Theaters).

Man this sucks I read your whole thread hoping to get to the part where you say Just Kidding about going to church and that you actually won some seat in a big buy in tourney and had to play it. BUT NO, YOU HAD TO WASTE MY TIME WITH SOME WHINEY RANT ABOUT YOUR SHI*TTY JOB. Well wake up we have all had crappy jobs where the managers a ****** Bag and makes you work even when you say you can't.

Man this sucks I read your whole thread hoping to get to the part where you say Just Kidding about going to church and that you actually won some seat in a big buy in tourney and had to play it. BUT NO, YOU HAD TO WASTE MY TIME WITH SOME WHINEY RANT ABOUT YOUR SHI*TTY JOB. Well wake up we have all had crappy jobs where the managers a ****** Bag and makes you work even when you say you can't.
YOU RUINED IT!!!!!!J/k.
Yes, I know I have a very bad attitude about working there. I have prayed many times for patience while at work and I keep failing(sometimes). And now I've heard that they're basically going to try to get rid of me. I'm gonig to go apply at a few places on monday. This place(store) can't keep anyone hired and one person said it was the most depressing place he's ever worked. It just seems that they bend over backwards for everyone else, but the time I ask for something or need something they say no because they know i'm a good guy and won't argue and fight about it and I'll show up.This job is just eating at me, because I try to be very patient and work for them as if I were working for Christ but they make it SOO difficult. And it makes it even harder because I know I failed at being patient and respectful.EDIT: Niners rule!
Do you know if they're hiring? (sw) :D:club:
In most states they can change your schedule with a 24 hour notice for any reason. Also an hour late can be job Abandonment and is grounds for termination.
Bwahahahahaha. An hour late should be "Late." Leaving and never going back is job abandonment.

Hope you can find a job quick if you do decide to stick it to the GM and consequently get fired. Remember that line from Rounders about always leaving yourself some outs (basically, only semi-bluff on draws, etc. no outright bluffs).

I think they're gonna try to get rid of me anyways, i did a post about this about 4 days ago. This job is horrible and I just have it as a job, it's at a Staples, they treat everyone like junk. I could really care less.
Yes, companies like Staples suck because most employees are high school kids or bitter old men who are mad they're middle management at Staples.In short, don't take any of it personally.