Anyone Goin To Tunica For The Wsop Circuit Event?

whats up folks......just seein if any other fcpers were headin to Tunica to play any events. I'm not sure what events I'll be playing yet but will definitly be there. By the way, how is the ring game action out there? never played there before......later ya'llFred

I will probably try and play in the second chance tournaments they will be having at night (i think they are $175 + 25...no rebuys or addons). I am not sure I will be able to play in many other events bc of work.

I'm will also be playing 1 or 2 events (not sure which ones yet). Did not make it last year but did go the year before when it was just the WPT event and the side games were numerous and very jucie. I did play at the Gold Strike Poker Classic a few months ago and the side games were very good there also. When I was there in 04 for the WPT there was mostly limit game. Im sure there will be many more NL games now, any where from 1-2 up to 25-50, also usually severl PLO and H/L games at various levels. I go to Tunica about once every month and with in the last year the NL games has really started to take hold u can find a 1-2 or 2-5 game at anytime of day now and Horseshoe usually has a big Pot limit holdem game on the weekends(i think 25-50 blinds could be a little less).

cool I hope they will have some good HiLo action. That game has been quite profitable for me lately. We all ought to meet up and have a few drinks together or something like that. We can plan that when we get closer to that time. Anyone have a hotel the prefer out there? I'm trying to figure out where to stay but don't really know anything about any of the hotels. Thanks

I'll be there from the 28th to the 1st of october for the UT-memphis game. I dont really want to play in the 500 dollar limit tourney may try and satellite into the $1000 dollar event. Ill probably buyin to that if Pittsburg can somehow cover -5 on thursday but I dont see that happening. But ill be there playing cash games on Thursday and Friday for sure. I have normally stayed at the Gold Strike it was okay but I dont have anything to compare it to. If yall want to meet up send me a PM when time gets closer.

I'll be there from the 28th to the 1st of october for the UT-memphis game. I dont really want to play in the 500 dollar limit tourney may try and satellite into the $1000 dollar event. Ill probably buyin to that if Pittsburg can somehow cover -5 on thursday but I dont see that happening. But ill be there playing cash games on Thursday and Friday for sure. I have normally stayed at the Gold Strike it was okay but I dont have anything to compare it to. If yall want to meet up send me a PM when time gets closer.
I always stay at Gold Strike. I have stayed at Horseshoe, Grand, and Sam's Town. I like Gold Strike the best, plus the 1/2 NL game at the Gold Strike is sweet. Their poker room rates are $35 on the weekends and $25 during the week. You have to play 5 hours for each night you stay.
I always stay at Gold Strike. I have stayed at Horseshoe, Grand, and Sam's Town. I like Gold Strike the best, plus the 1/2 NL game at the Gold Strike is sweet. Their poker room rates are $35 on the weekends and $25 during the week. You have to play 5 hours for each night you stay.
The Shoe's prices are the same but they call up to the front desk and give you that rate immediatly. At least they always have for me.

Think I'm going to make the trip over there during that time. Think I'll just stick to cash games (just too much money for those buy-ins)..Maybe a satellite thing would be cool.DNA...Think I'll be going Thursday sept-28th through sat sept 30th...May have a couple of friends from Nashville going with me as well.Maybe we could get together for supper somewhere (we'll all have free vouchers).Thinking I'll stay at GoldStrike..but still not sure..Gotta check on rooms pretty fast though.E

I am going. prolly play one of the $500 events. DNA, what events you going to play?
not sure yet, was planning on playing the $1500 NL event on the 30th, but it turns out my Bar League Championship match which I qualified for is on that day so I'm in a bit of a quandry. I'm looking at the $500 limit event on Thursday or maybe one of the $1000 NL events, no idea yet.
Think I'm going to make the trip over there during that time. Think I'll just stick to cash games (just too much money for those buy-ins)..Maybe a satellite thing would be cool.DNA...Think I'll be going Thursday sept-28th through sat sept 30th...May have a couple of friends from Nashville going with me as well.Maybe we could get together for supper somewhere (we'll all have free vouchers).Thinking I'll stay at GoldStrike..but still not sure..Gotta check on rooms pretty fast though.E
Yea sounds good, can play it by ear.
  • 3 weeks later...

*bump*I am planning on showing up thursday after my classes. Probably play a few sats and try and get into fridays event maybe saturdays depending on how I do. Thou I planning on going to the UT-memphis game, i probably will skip if I am doing well since we should win easily. If anyone wants to meet up pm me.