Did i get lucky on this Omaha hand?

I was just messing around on Omaha waiting for the nuts to really get involved in a pot. Well I got em, but I think I was behind after the flop? Any experienced omaha players can give me any %s? I mean, I feel bad if i played this hand way wrong and got lucky...Hand #3881954-2285 at Lancaster (Pot Limit Omaha)Powered by UltimateBetStarted at 07/Jan/05 12:00:33 LazloH0 is at seat 0 with $49.35. stainless99 is at seat 1 with $59.90. calevitt is at seat 2 with $18.75. putridvomit is at seat 3 with $49. burnett1 is at seat 4 with $109.95. powerpac is at seat 5 with $30.85. KloakedSpirit is at seat 6 with $51.30. DaTruPoker is at seat 7 with $65.35. IL_JOLLY is at seat 8 with $25.50. MonCalMonk is at seat 9 with $53.90. The button is at seat 3. burnett1 posts the small blind of $.25. powerpac posts the big blind of $.50. LazloH0: -- -- -- -- stainless99: -- -- -- -- calevitt: -- -- -- -- putridvomit: -- -- -- -- burnett1: -- -- -- -- powerpac: -- -- -- -- KloakedSpirit: -- -- -- -- DaTruPoker: 5s 4d 3d 7s IL_JOLLY: -- -- -- -- MonCalMonk: -- -- -- --Pre-flop: KloakedSpirit calls. DaTruPoker calls. IL_JOLLY calls. MonCalMonk calls. LazloH0 folds. stainless99 folds. calevitt folds. putridvomit folds. burnett1 calls. powerpac checks. Flop (board: 6c 7h 3c): burnett1 checks. powerpac checks. KloakedSpirit checks. DaTruPoker bets $3. IL_JOLLY folds. MonCalMonk raises to $12. burnett1 folds. powerpac folds. KloakedSpirit folds. DaTruPoker re-raises to $39. MonCalMonk goes all-in for $53.40. DaTruPoker calls. Turn (board: 6c 7h 3c 3h): (no action in this round) River (board: 6c 7h 3c 3h Tc): (no action in this round) Showdown: MonCalMonk shows Jc 5h 4c 9s. MonCalMonk has Jc 4c 6c 3c Tc: flush, jack high. DaTruPoker shows 5s 4d 3d 7s. DaTruPoker has 3d 7s 7h 3c 3h: full house, threes full of sevens. Hand #3881954-2285 Summary: $2 is raked from a pot of $109.80. DaTruPoker wins $107.80 with full house, threes full of sevens.----------------------------------------------------------------

This is a typical omaha situation... you both flopped the nut hand... however you both had a redraw... I think you should have called his raise on the flop b/c your redraw is not as strong... and you can easily be beat...Once he raises and it gets heads up... then you need to proceed cautiously... once the turn comes... get all the money in... I wouldn't say you played poorly... its not like you didn't have a redraw... but you were a little aggressive in that you had no flush draw and no redraw to a better straight...My main concern with your play is that you played the hand preflop... I don't know the texture of the game... but this is a very weak hand to play for a big stack PL game... I know you were playing a small buy in game... but... I would also say that your opponents hand is even weaker then yours... you at least have the potential to flop a wrap if rags come... his hand is very weak for straight making potential and the flush is not a strong holding either...Overall... nice pot... Reminds me how much I love Omaha High... especially PL!!

I'm not a really experienced omaha player.... But you had 2 pair on the flop, AND a straight. So if you didn't improve your hand, you still had the straight, if you paired your 7 or 3 you'd have a boat (which indeed happened)... Your opponent also flopped the same straight, but he had a flush draw to go with it. Either way, the pot would have been chopped if neither of you improved your hand, you just improved it more than he did.