• Replies 590
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

After receiving that heartwarming letter, we typed up this response:   Dear Jordyn   Thank you very much for writing to the Whalers organization. You may not know this being just a 6 year old gir

open lineup spots = parity   ultimate goal is to play none on none, tie game.

We welcome you to the first ever Whalers thread on FCP. Inaugural member and former champion of the FCHL (8years) and reigning champion of the AHL (5years).

After all this time, the organization has decided to finally start its own thread at FCP.

(It appears our head is finally big enough to think we deserve our own thread.)

Entertaining Thread? mmm, probably not.

Witty banter and funny jokes? nah, not so much.

Keen hockey observations? look elsewhere.

The only thing we provide to our fans is CHAMPIONSHIPS.

That, and nostalgia. We are all about nostalgia.

that video pretty much just ruined this thread before it ever got off the ground.

boy, you fluke off one playoff victory and everyone gets all jealous.

Dont let the thread fool you, I've always said, the playoffs are a bigger luckfest than being able to win the regular season crown. For me, I will have considered it a real victory when I win both in the same year. Til then, it was just a good 4 week run.

Also, I prefer to be called T Bone.

that video pretty much just ruined this thread before it ever got off the ground.

boy, you fluke off one playoff victory and everyone gets all jealous.

Dont let the thread fool you, I've always said, the playoffs are a bigger luckfest than being able to win the regular season crown. For me, I will have considered it a real victory when I win both in the same year. Til then, it was just a good 4 week run.

Also, I prefer to be called T Bone.

When you're on the top of the mountain everybody wants to tear you down.

• Like 1

i am going to start calling you Whale Boy so this Championship thing doesn't go to your head. It might be to late

It is too late. Already gone to my head.

Come on John, you know how it is. You win a championship in something like AHL, FCHL, FCBL the ones you and I are in, you get all excited.

You know how it is, right, to win it all? Oh....my bad, nevermind.

:)

• Like 1

Come on John, you know how it is. You win a championship in something like AHL, FCHL, FCBL the ones you and I are in, you get all excited.

While John might not have won those, he wins every little side pool that we have done...Like a crazy amount of them.

While John might not have won those, he wins every little side pool that we have done...Like a crazy amount of them.

ya he's really good at the ones that require no management or skills beyond draft day luck.

ooo, too far huh?

truth be known, I agree with Dale, John is the favourite in our conference this year. He's a more than worthy foe who has just had bad luck in the other leagues. He is always one of the best.

I do have a FCBL Championship (and 4 finals in 5 years) but the only thing people remember is how awful a trade I made getting Victor Martinez for Xander Bogarts. :)

Unfortunately I never felt like celebrating that year I won since I clinched the same day as the Lokomotiv crash :(

Make no mistake, Shamu, you are a target this year :) :) :)

I do have a FCBL Championship (and 4 finals in 5 years) but the only thing people remember is how awful a trade I made getting Victor Martinez for Xander Bogarts. :)

Unfortunately I never felt like celebrating that year I won since I clinched the same day as the Lokomotiv crash :(

Make no mistake, Shamu, you are a target this year

ah, so baseball is your sport huh?

maybe stick to that one then.

Are we counting finalists as a thing?

can i count reject cup championships then? (3 titles in 3 tries, all Im saying)

I'm just giddy over the start of the season. And hoping I get a couple of more takers in the betting thread. :)

Pretty soon Ill get another injury, lose a couple of games, and never post here again out of pure superstition.

Im a big believer in karma, cockiness and making your own thread is a surefire way to lose. John's got this in the bag, he's gonna roll all over me.

So I can keep track of my moves...

Offseason

To Whalers: Swackers #2 '14 draft (#23)

To Swackers: P.Marleau

To Whalers: Zibanejad + Whalers #3 '14 draft (#57)

To Mustangs: Hossa+Wizniewski

To Whalers: Steelheads #2,#3,#4 '14 draft (#24,#44,#64)

To Steelheads: Frolik, EJohnson, TMyers

To Whalers: Underdogs #4 '15 draft (#??)

To Underdgos: Burrows, Morrow, $1 in 15-16, Whalers #4 '14 draft (#77)

To Whalers: Eagles #4 '14 draft (#72)

To Eagles: CBJ gtd

The man is a good gm..

In the off season, sell off assets that he cant keep for futures, young and draft picks..

Then during season, replace those assets with not as good futures and draft picks