I Have No Opinion On Contracts Thread 2011 Edition Part A

I am bored and having a bad day and everyone is talking about contracts in the Leafs thread and I have no strong opinion either way and serge gets angry if we don't stay on topic in that one particular thread even though every thread in this place goes off the rails here and there because we are all pretty much friends. OR SO I THOUGHT!I hate people today.

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I bought a new gun last night, pretty pleased with it. My buddy has this habit that's bad for him but great for me of purchasing new toys when he has money (at full price) and then selling them to me when he doesn't have money at nearly half price. Works out great for me, plus, no paperwork. Win!It's a tactical 12ga shotgun...I'm intimidated by it and I get to stay on the safe end. I'm 34 years old and I've only owned 5 vehicles in my entire life, and three of those were between ages 16 and 22. Says a lot about the American truck industry, really, I've been driving a pair of American pickups for the last 13 years. Is that weird though? I know a lot of people who go through vehicles like water.

I've never fired a 'real' gun in my life. I bet I could hit a target in a shooting range on my first and/or second attempt though.

i had a ridic awkward day today. at work i sit directly next to one of my good friend's girlfriend who i inadvertatenly got together by introducing them. anyways, she was off sick yesterday and i bumped into him and he told me he had ended the relationship (1 year) so she was taking a day off to think things through.whilst i think she's cool and all, i'm not great friends with her but we chat at work as you do when you sit next too someone. anyways, she turns up today and i get the cold shoulder all day, and i literally didn't know what to say. i ended up doing the whole kinda 'soooooooo, what's up?' type thing to literally stone cold silence. not quite sure how this is my fault but the awkwardness is kinda funny.

If I buy a gun, it will be some kind of Glock. Those things exceeded all test results (ie: very low jam rate, etc). Is it any wonder they are so popular?Sitting next to an awkward situation: Ask the floor for a seat change?

I've never fired a 'real' gun in my life. I bet I could hit a target in a shooting range on my first and/or second attempt though.
It would definitely depend on what you're shooting and how far away your target is. Rifles are more forgiving than handguns, certain handguns are better than others...etc. I could put my SIG 229 in your hands and have no doubts that you'd be hitting a target 15 feet away on the first magazine, it's a great gun. Conversely, my Walther P22 is such a POS that I've owned it for 5 years and still can't hit anything with it, ever. I can stand 5 feet away from a paper target and still miss, the gun is garbage.
If I buy a gun, it will be some kind of Glock. Those things exceeded all test results (ie: very low jam rate, etc). Is it any wonder they are so popular?
I thought that too, until I picked one up and actually held it. I just do not like them at all. I've gone back many times and handled different models of Glock pistols and I just hate the way they feel. They're very polarizing...people who love them would never trust their life to anything else and people who hate them would never consider purchasing one.
how's the weather in Michigan, nice and Sunny ?Any hints that today is the day the psycho decides to kill you ?
Weather is okay. Little overcast and low 80's. Not nearly as humid as it has been the last 4-5 days though. But sadly I am stuck inside.lol, I won't know if I live or die till next Tuesday.
I'm 34 years old and I've only owned 5 vehicles in my entire life, and three of those were between ages 16 and 22. Says a lot about the American truck industry, really, I've been driving a pair of American pickups for the last 13 years. Is that weird though? I know a lot of people who go through vehicles like water.
I go through vehicles like water because I don't buy them, I lease. I like to drive and get bored driving the same car for more than 2 years. I will say that I have owned 2 "American" cars and both died on me early in life and I have had one German car that was fun as hell to drive but was in the shop for electrical issues all the time, and 4 Japanese cars (3 of which were built here in America by Americans unlike my Mexican made Canadian parted Buick) which lasted the life of their leases with no issues. So I will stick with Japanese for the time being until they do me wrong. :club:
Harro, I r easy target. Hit me like a fucking piñata.On topic comment: GadDAMN, are sports players overpaid or WHAT?
I wish I was overpaid.
I have never shot a real gun either. I have shot pellet guns with my grandpa when I was growing up and did well with target shooting.
i had a ridic awkward day today. at work i sit directly next to one of my good friend's girlfriend who i inadvertatenly got together by introducing them. anyways, she was off sick yesterday and i bumped into him and he told me he had ended the relationship (1 year) so she was taking a day off to think things through.whilst i think she's cool and all, i'm not great friends with her but we chat at work as you do when you sit next too someone. anyways, she turns up today and i get the cold shoulder all day, and i literally didn't know what to say. i ended up doing the whole kinda 'soooooooo, what's up?' type thing to literally stone cold silence. not quite sure how this is my fault but the awkwardness is kinda funny.
bitches...amirite?
I bought a new gun last night, pretty pleased with it. My buddy has this habit that's bad for him but great for me of purchasing new toys when he has money (at full price) and then selling them to me when he doesn't have money at nearly half price. Works out great for me, plus, no paperwork. Win!It's a tactical 12ga shotgun...I'm intimidated by it and I get to stay on the safe end. I'm 34 years old and I've only owned 5 vehicles in my entire life, and three of those were between ages 16 and 22. Says a lot about the American truck industry, really, I've been driving a pair of American pickups for the last 13 years. Is that weird though? I know a lot of people who go through vehicles like water.
Trucks must be the exception, no? Ford trucks seem to last about 55 years.
Hi Ollie!I meant to quote something about guns. Our work is having a party for a director who is leaving. They decided it'd be fun to go paintballing. We work in the credit department of a bank - not exactly an athletic group. Oh, and this is an outdoor place, not one of those cheesy, easy indoor ones.I really have no interest in paintball, nor in playing with work people. I should also mention it is being held during work hours, so I can't just make up another commitment. How the hell am I going to get out of this? They invited people today, and require confirmation today, so I can't even do something loserly, like pretend to roll an ankle or something the day before.
Trucks must be the exception, no? Ford trucks seem to last about 55 years.Hi Ollie!I meant to quote something about guns. Our work is having a party for a director who is leaving. They decided it'd be fun to go paintballing. We work in the credit department of a bank - not exactly an athletic group. Oh, and this is an outdoor place, not one of those cheesy, easy indoor ones.I really have no interest in paintball, nor in playing with work people. I should also mention it is being held during work hours, so I can't just make up another commitment. How the hell am I going to get out of this? They invited people today, and require confirmation today, so I can't even do something loserly, like pretend to roll an ankle or something the day before.
Show them your vagina!
I go through vehicles like water because I don't buy them, I lease. I like to drive and get bored driving the same car for more than 2 years. I will say that I have owned 2 "American" cars and both died on me early in life and I have had one German car that was fun as hell to drive but was in the shop for electrical issues all the time, and 4 Japanese cars (3 of which were built here in America by Americans unlike my Mexican made Canadian parted Buick) which lasted the life of their leases with no issues. So I will stick with Japanese for the time being until
Everything I've ever owned was an American car...a '78 Cadillac, an '85 Oldsmobile, a '93 Chevy Camaro, a '99 Chevy s-10, and an '06 Dodge Ram. I've never leased, but I'm strongly considering leasing my next car and keeping my truck once it's paid off. I want to get something fun but I'm having a hell of a time deciding what, because everything I really want (Nisssn GT, Aston-Martin, etc) is just way too expensive, even on a lease. Considering stuff like the Shelby GT-500, the new Camaro, some kind of cool BMW...I don't know. I like the idea of having a new toy to play with every couple of years, and I don't put miles on cars so I'm a really good candidate for leasing.
Everything I've ever owned was an American car...a '78 Cadillac, an '85 Oldsmobile, a '93 Chevy Camaro, a '99 Chevy s-10, and an '06 Dodge Ram. I've never leased, but I'm strongly considering leasing my next car and keeping my truck once it's paid off. I want to get something fun but I'm having a hell of a time deciding what, because everything I really want (Nisssn GT, Aston-Martin, etc) is just way too expensive, even on a lease. Considering stuff like the Shelby GT-500, the new Camaro, some kind of cool BMW...I don't know. I like the idea of having a new toy to play with every couple of years, and I don't put miles on cars so I'm a really good candidate for leasing.
How do you not get a new Camaro? You love car.

Yesterday.I walked into a store.Other than the person working, I was the only one there.The person walked over and asked if there was something specific I was looking for and if they could help.This is what I said: "No thanks, I'm just looking."This is what I wanted to say: "Please, fuck off. I am not a moron. I will ask you for help if I want any. Thanks."

I like your choices Steve...my next purchase needs to be some kind of rifle. I have no real need for any more pistols (that doesn't mean I won't buy more...obviously) and I really have to stop buying shotguns, but I don't own a long-range target rifle or an assault rifle of any kind. That's next, as soon as I get Vegas off my credit card. <grin>

Yesterday.I walked into a store.Other than the person working, I was the only one there.The person walked over and asked if there was something specific I was looking for and if they could help.This is what I said: "No thanks, I'm just looking."This is what I wanted to say: "Please, fuck off. I am not a moron. I will ask you for help if I want any. Thanks."
lol, My wife gets scared when we go to a department store and she sees someone coming over to ask us if we need anything because it annoys me to no freaking end. Say hello then leave me the hell alone. I am an adult, I have been in a store before, I know where to go if I am in need of assistance. Till then stay the eff away from me and tell all your fellow employees to do the same.
How do you not get a new Camaro? You love car.
Because everyone and their grandmother has one and there's nothing that really distinguishes the 2SS model that I would get from the 6-cylinder models. I like what Ford does with the Shelbys, there are enough differences in the styling that you can tell just by looking that the car isn't your average run of the mill 6-banger Mustang.
They get yelled at if they don't approach people. They hate doing it as much as you hate having it done.
I thought that too, until I picked one up and actually held it. I just do not like them at all. I've gone back many times and handled different models of Glock pistols and I just hate the way they feel. They're very polarizing...people who love them would never trust their life to anything else and people who hate them would never consider purchasing one.
Very good point, AJS. I guess deciding on a gun before I've had a chance to fire a few rounds out of a few different types is like trying to write a song after you've given it a name.

I am currently looking for a new vehicle (always buy American). Thinking of a GMC Acadia (Used since I swore never to buy new again). I currently have a Saturn Relay and the timing belt went in Detroit and the Tranny 2x went in Feb (near my home).I found out that someone went into my boat and stole my favorite fishing rod (approximately $700). I want to go and look for the thief and use Adam's gun.

lol, My wife gets scared when we go to a department store and she sees someone coming over to ask us if we need anything because it annoys me to no freaking end. Say hello then leave me the hell alone. I am an adult, I have been in a store before, I know where to go if I am in need of assistance. Till then stay the eff away from me and tell all your fellow employees to do the same.
I especially love it when they ask you again 5 minutes later.
Very good point, AJS. I guess deciding on a gun before I've had a chance to fire a few rounds out of a few different types is like trying to write a song after you've given it a name.
If you have the opportunity, definitely go to a public range that has rental options and try different types of pistols out before you commit a lot of money to something you may not like that much. There's no right answer for everyone (although people will certainly try to tell you there is), everyone has different wants and needs in a pistol and they only way you'll actually know is to hold and fire the weapon with your own hands. We don't have public pistol ranges around here, if we did I never would have bought that Walther.
Because everyone and their grandmother has one and there's nothing that really distinguishes the 2SS model that I would get from the 6-cylinder models. I like what Ford does with the Shelbys, there are enough differences in the styling that you can tell just by looking that the car isn't your average run of the mill 6-banger Mustang. They get yelled at if they don't approach people. They hate doing it as much as you hate having it done.
My dad just got a Mustang GT. When my Accord lease is up I will probably check one out. I really liked it more than I expected. But my main choice will be a Subaru WRX 5 door hatch. A Genesis Coupe and Mustang will be on the short list though.And yes that is true. Once when I was in retail I got in trouble for arguing with the "Customer Service Expert" who came to our store one Sunday evening and proceeded to waste our evening telling us how to basically annoy the eff out of anyone who steps into the store.
This is what I said: "No thanks, I'm just looking."This is what I wanted to say: "Please, fuck off. I am not a moron. I will ask you for help if I want any. Thanks."
I always feel guilty when I'm browsing in a store with no intention to buy anything. But I also don't like it when I'm in some high end store and the employee doesn't ask if I need help with anything. "Don't judge me, I can afford this stuff."Then I end up asking if they have something really specific so it doesn't look like I'm there needlessly. It can backfire when they actually have it."Wow, that's...that's exactly what I asked for. I don't think I'll buy it. Thanks though!"Shopping is stressful.