The Magically Delicious

*GM Biatch steps up to the podium waving to the the millions and millions of fans, the fans start clapping with their free plastic clappers sponsored by Arby's, the fans are going absolutely beserk like a million twelve yr old girls at a Jonas Brothers concert, finally he steps up to the mic*"Thank you, thank you. You are wonderful people. You are the reason, members of the Magically Delicious eat their green eggs and ham, eat their vitamins, drink their OJ, and put it all out on the ice. Without the fans, none of this would be possible. This team we'll be going a new direction. We no longer will be the dark and scary Scarborough Smugglers (crowd boooooooooos), we will now always have happy thoughts, listen to Disney Music, drinking vitamin water, supporting omega eggs, and wearing promise rings. This is a new direction, be ready for it AHL!!First some changes. We have ridden ourselves of Maxim Afginininininiov, that little slut was sleeping around with Elena Dementivia (the tennis player), so we had to send him packing like the strawberries. Paul Statsny also was getting too expensive and we can't have any diva's on our team, so we needed to rid ourselves of him to make room for the young and upcoming prospects from the Disney Channel. We are excited for the free agent draft and also the entry draft as we hold 3 1st rounders, 2 2nd rounders, which include the #2, and #3 overall pick. We have also acquired more 1st rounders for later years. Below is the team. We're extremely excited to have a core of Zack Boychuk, Nikita Filatov, Sam Gagner, Cody Hodgson, and David Krejc .ACTIVE ROSTERPos First Last Team Signed 2008 2009-10 2010-11 2011-12 2012-13 2013-14D SAMI LEPISTO WSH ml $0.25 D BRENDAN BELL OTT fa $0.25 $0.50 $0.50 $0.50 $0.50 $0.50D PETER HARROLD LA fa $0.50 $0.50 -- -- -- --D NIKLAS HJALMARSSON CHI fa $0.25 $0.50 -- -- -- --D BRIAN RAFALSKI DET fa $1.00 $3.00 $3.75 $4.50 $5.50 $6.75D KARLIS SKRASTINS FLA fa $0.25 $0.25 -- -- -- -- F RENE BOURQUE CGY fa $3.75 $5.00 $5.50 $6.25 $7.00 $7.75F ZAC BOYCHUK CAR fa $0.50 $0.75 -- -- -- --F BRIAN BOYLE NYR fa $0.50 $0.75 -- -- -- --F RYAN CARTER ANA fa $0.25 $0.25 -- -- -- --F NIGEL DAWES PHX fa $0.75 $0.75 -- -- -- --F NIKITA FILATOV CBJ fa $0.50 $0.75 -- -- -- --F SAM GAGNER EDM fa $2.00 $2.00 -- -- -- --F MIKE GRIER SJ fa $0.25 $0.25 -- -- -- --F CODY HODGSON VAN fa $0.50 $0.75 -- -- -- --F DUSTIN JEFFREY PIT fa $0.50 $0.75 -- -- -- --F DAVID KREJCI BOS fa $0.75 $1.75 $2.00 $2.25 $2.50 $2.75F KAMIL KREPS FLA fa $0.25 $0.25 -- -- -- --F MAXIM LAPIERRE MTL fa $0.25 $0.50 $0.50 $0.50 $0.50 $0.50F FRANS NIELSEN NYI fa $0.25 $0.50 $0.50 $0.50 $0.50 $0.50F JAY PANDOLFO NJ fa $0.50 $0.50 -- -- -- --F JAKUB PETRUZALEK CAR fa $0.25 $0.50 -- -- -- --F RYAN POTULNY EDM fa $0.25 $0.50 -- -- -- --F TIM CONNOLLY BUF 2 $2.25 $2.25 $2.25 --- --- G GOALIES-B PHOENIX PHX fa $0.25 $1.25 $1.50 $1.75 $2.00 $2.25G GOALIES-B NASHVILLE NSH 4 $0.50 $0.50 $0.50 $0.50 $0.50 --FARM TEAMD JOONAS LEHTIVUORI PHI ml $1.00 --- --- --- ---D BOB SANGUINETTI NYR ml $2.00 --- --- --- ---D KEVIN SHATTENKIRK COL ml $2.00 --- --- --- ---D VYACHESLAV VOINOV LA ml $2.00 --- --- --- ---F ARTEM ANISIMOV NYR ml $1.50 --- --- --- ---F JOE COLBORNE BOS ml $2.00 --- --- --- ---F LARS ELLER STL ml $2.00 --- --- --- ---F SIMON HJALMARSSON STL ml $1.00 --- --- --- ---F DIMITRI KUGRYSHEV WSH ml $0.50 --- --- --- ---F BRETT MACLEAN PHX ml $0.50 --- --- --- ---F IGOR MIRNOV OTT ml $1.00 --- --- --- ---F OSKAR OSALA WSH ml $1.50 --- --- --- ---F RYAN STOA COL ml $0.25 --- --- --- ---F COLIN WILSON JR ml $3.00 --- --- --- ---Exempt ListF LADISLAV NAGY LA FA $5.00 --- --- --- ---

• Replies 435
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Wow can't believe it actually happened. These playoffs have been an absolute roller coaster of emotions.   I thought it would be funny to give a quick recap the history of the Magically Delicious a

any publicity is good publicity     Bruce Arthur ‏@bruce_arthur 22m22 minutes ago The multiple tweet-stealing might be the least sad thing about this account  

It's probably time to consider unstickying this thread. Stickied threads should really be for top 9 teams and whatnot.

Biatch is making some crazy trades...Traded a very hot commodity in Paul Stastny, but got a shit load of picks and cash.

Trades made by GM Biatch this season so far:TRADE 1The Ottawa Shortstackers receive:Evgency Artukhin (TB) [farm] <forward>Kyle Chipchura (MTL) [farm] <forward>Janne Pesonen (PIT) [farm] <forward>Stanislav Lascek (TB) [farm] <forward>Magically Delicious receive$0.75 cap in 10/11Reasoning: The farm has a limit of 20, and we originally had 17 people on the farm, and 7 picks coming in, I had to release some guys. These four I was going to release anyways, so getting $0.75 for them was a bonus. TRADE 2Canadian Gothic Trades:Canadian Gothic 1st rounder in 2010-11Canadian Gothic 1st rounder in 2011-12Canadian Gothic 2nd rounder in 2011-12F-Artem Anisimov-NYR (farm)$4 cap in 9/10$3 cap in 10/11$2 cap in 11/12Magically Delicious Trades:F-Paul Stastny-COL $4.00, $4.50, $5.00D-Anton Strallman-CGY $0.75Reasoning: This is the one trade I don't think I got enough and that I made a bit of a mistake. The main reason I made the trade is that I figure my team won't be able to compete until about two-three years from now. And that point Statsny I see as a pretty good player so his cap hit would be about $7.00 something, so I didn't really want to pay it and think it would be hard to trade. So I thought it might be better to trade it now while the cap his is low, his potential is high, and also to get picks to make me better two years from now. I also value the 10/11 draft very much, as the the 9/10 draft is a little depleted due to the juniors. Getting the picks were huge, and also we feel Anisimov will make a big impact this year in the NHL. The cap will help us with numerous future options. TRADE 3The Mustangs Receive: Maxim Afinogenov $2.75 $2.75Magically Delicious Receive: $0.75 CASH in 10/11Reasoning: Where in the world is Carmen San Diego? What about where in the world is Maxim Afinogenov? I know I didn't get much in cap, but the main thing is that I got $2.75 off the books for the next two years to help me out. TRADE 4Mustangs get: Toronto Goalies Magically Delicious Get: 0.25 in 2010/2011Reasoning: I wasn't going to resign the Toronto goalies, so getting anything was good. I tried to start a bidding war between JP and Serge, by placing some adjectives in front of the the Toronto goalies, and adding the two in an msn conversation, but it failed miserably. ****************************************************Picks look like this right now. 1st round pick 2009 (#2 overall)1st round pick 2009 (#3 overall)1st round pick 2009 (#14 overall)2nd round pick 2009 2nd round pick 20093rd round pick 20093rd round pick 20091st round pick 20101st round pick 2010 (Gothic)2nd round pick 20103rd round pick 20104th round pick 20105th round pick 20101st round pick 20111st round pick 2011 (Gothic)1st round pick 2011 (Mustangs)2nd round pick 20112nd round pick 2011 (Gothic)3rd round pick 20114th round pick 20115th round pick 2011Obviously the late round picks likely will be traded or moved. At the moment, we still have some decisions to make in regards to the farm players on the team as to if they are worth keeping or not.

Are you sure that Filatov and Hodgson salary is correct? That can't possibly be right, can it? Weren't both drafted as juniors???
Daniel, Jesse used the loophole to take them both as free agents.
Daniel, Jesse used the loophole to take them both as free agents.
so, Im guessing at the 2007 UFA auction, he took Filatov and Hodgson at .25 at the end?Has that been closed off? I see the rules for the entry draft, but it doesnt say anything in the UFA auction part about not being able to take someone like Hall for instance.ENTRY DRAFT This draft is held each year prior to the free agent draft. Only players who have previously been drafted and have fewer than 10 games of NHL experience who has not been a member of any other Alternative League Hockey team qualify to be drafted. The order of the draft will be in reverse order of the previous year's standings. Each draft will consist of four rounds, with all non playoff teams selecting first. Players acquired in this draft will not be considered part of your roster, Rather they will be in your farm system and will not receive a salary until called up. You may call up a player at any time. However, once he has been called up, he cannot be sent back down. The only exception to this rule is during spring call ups. At the time of the free agent draft, your minor league roster cannot exceed 20 players. Prior to and afterwards, you may have as many minor leaguers as you wish. FREE-AGENT DRAFT The free agent draft is held annually. Here you bid on players not currently under contract with another team. The player will be auctioned off to the highest bidder. Bids must be in increments of $ 0.25.The final bid on the player will be his salary for the upcoming season. Each owner in turn nominates a player, bidding on each player will continue clockwise with each owner either raising the bid or dropping out. When only one owner remains, that player is awarded to him. In the event that an owner does not attend the free agent draft, no other owner in the pool may draft for him. He may however send a representative to the draft. If he does not attend he must fill his roster within 24 hours of the draft. The draft will start promptly at the scheduled time whether you are there or not!

Even if the wording of the rules doesn't say it that loophole was for sure closed before our last draft.In order for a player to be drafted in the free agent draft they have to have been drafted or signed by an NHL team now.

So what the heck are they doing on his roster? That's a pretty significant error I'd say lol. The wording in the rules, as Bob pointed out is just wrong. A player can only be picked up if he is on an NHL roster. For example, you could not pick up Mario Lemieux right now. So I guess it's legit after all... glad we closed that loophole! This team is going to be scary in a few years.

The rule was addressed in the pick up section but not the FA section:Pick ups can be made at any time. In order to pick up a player, you must first create a spot on your roster, either by trading, releasing or by placing a player on your reserve list. After a pickup, your roster must be full and may not exceed the limit. Failure to do so will result in your roster moves being void and the chosen player going back into the unclaimed pool. A player must be on an NHL team's active roster in order to be picked up. Any pick ups made after 6 p.m. will be considered to be a transaction of the following day. Therefore a player picked up after 6 p.m. cannot be used in that evening's lineup. Any player dropped will not be available to be picked up for a period of 7 days. Pick ups can be made at any time and are on a first come first served basis. For roster moves and transactions, please check the website.

So what the heck are they doing on his roster? That's a pretty significant error I'd say lol. The wording in the rules, as Bob pointed out is just wrong. A player can only be picked up if he is on an NHL roster. For example, you could not pick up Mario Lemieux right now. So I guess it's legit after all... glad we closed that loophole! This team is going to be scary in a few years.
The rule was addressed in the pick up section but not the FA section:Pick ups can be made at any time. In order to pick up a player, you must first create a spot on your roster, either by trading, releasing or by placing a player on your reserve list. After a pickup, your roster must be full and may not exceed the limit. Failure to do so will result in your roster moves being void and the chosen player going back into the unclaimed pool. A player must be on an NHL team's active roster in order to be picked up. Any pick ups made after 6 p.m. will be considered to be a transaction of the following day. Therefore a player picked up after 6 p.m. cannot be used in that evening's lineup. Any player dropped will not be available to be picked up for a period of 7 days. Pick ups can be made at any time and are on a first come first served basis. For roster moves and transactions, please check the website.
The pick up rule has always been that way where they have to be on an active roster.What Jesse did was make sure he was the last person still needing players and then started drafting 16 year olds who were highly rated and nobody could outbid him. When he did it it was allowed and in fact Darrell was the first person I think to do it. It was obviously a problem and was stopped before last year's draft.

Thanks for the clarification. Im guess Im onto Plan B.AHL Stratedgy PLAN A. Wait until everyone else is out of money, and then bid $.25 on T.Hall, K.Kabanov, M.Granlund.PLAN B. Take Wayne Primeau+Colton Orr, and hope Serge is drunk enough to trade me Gerbe right after the auction.

Swackers Get: Rene Bourque $5.00 ($5.50, $6.25, $7.00, $7.75)Brian Rafalski $3.00 ($3.75, $4.50, $5.50, $6.75)Phoenix Goalies $1.25 ($1.50, $1.75, $2.00, $2.25)Igor Mirnov (farm) (OTT) Simon Hjalmarsson (farm) (STL) Dmitri Kugryshev (farm) (WAS) $4 CASH in 2009/10$4 CASH in 2010/11Magically Delicious Get: Kris Versteeg $0.75 ($0.75, $0.75, $0.75, $0.75)NYI Goalies $1.502nd round pick 2010 4th round pick 20101st round pick 2011$2 in CASH 2011/12$2 in CASH 2012/2013Reasoning: The farm players in the deal are irrelevant as I was going to have to release them anyways for my draft picks are I'm going to be near the limit of 20 with my draft picks. I don't think any of them are going to make a substantial difference in the NHL. Rene Bourque I would have signed just based on the free agents available, but long term wise he didn't make much sense to keep with me. As I wouldn't be able to afford him more then 3 yrs. As his contract would be too large. Rafalski I could afford more then 3 yrs, but I don't know if he has 3 more years left in the NHL. He's a top 10 D, and I wanted to trade him at his top value. I had some offers for multiple picks in 2009 for Rafalski, but I like this offer better as I get Versteeg, who I can sign for the next five yrs at $0.75, which I think is a huge steal. Versteeg especially is a huge asset in a league as 20 deep as this. He also had chemistry with Toews and Kane near the end of the year, so this could be the start of something special. Goaltending was just put in there, I don't intend on signing NYI goaltending. Also, the cash wasn't too valuable to me as my team sucks. But getting cash in those future years helps me, when I maybe intend to make a run for it. We'll see, lol. Hip hip Hooooooray!!!

gotta say, i dont like this deal much for you at all biatch. hjalmarsson and kugryshev are both good prospects who are likely to feature in top 6s in the nhl within a few years. i would have thought you could have pushed that angle and got a lot more of a return for them and rafalski

Magically Delicious receive:Tyler Ennis (farm) $1.00Screaming Eagles receive:$5 CASH 9/10$5 CASH 10/11The deal works well for both teams, he gets the cap space to use on his guys to make a run at it this year and next, and for me, I get a good prospect. There is literally like no FA at the draft, so this pretty much was a no brainer as I have no big cap players, and since the FA draft is so dry, it just made sense to overspend on cap space I won't use, for arguably the best prospect in the Sabres organization right now. He is a little under-sized but we have a feeling, he will be something special.

gotta say, i dont like this deal much for you at all biatch. hjalmarsson and kugryshev are both good prospects who are likely to feature in top 6s in the nhl within a few years. i would have thought you could have pushed that angle and got a lot more of a return for them and rafalski
This is a major reversal for you. When I took him in the FCHL draft you thought he was overrated.
Wow $10 for a prospect.
But what a prospect!

LOL, I thought you would like the prospect Adam. The prospects I traded in the other deal, I was going to basically release anyways because I have an influx of 1st rounders this year to get the likes of Kane, Schroder, Schenn, Kadri, and others, so it makes a lot more sense to make room for those guys .