Official Toronto Maple Leafs Thread

Here we go again Leaf fans..This year there is a lot of optimism that has been generated among the Leafs Nation...Coming off a very disappointing 2006-2007 season where the Leafs JUST and i mean JUST missed the playoffs, there is a lot to be optimistic for this year. The Leafs led by their young GM John Ferguson JR made some big off season moves to help this club. Acquring Vesa Toskala not only improved our goaltending situation, it will also give the franchise in a position to have trading power with 3 solid goalies in the system in Toskala,Raycroft and hot prospect Justin Pogge.The other major move the Leafs made is adding that elusive big scorer on the top line...It has been said for years Sundin hasnt had a true goal scorer on his wing and Jason Blake might be the guy. I personally believe that Blake is a better fit with the playmaking Kyle Wellwood and it remains to be seen how Coach Paul Maurice will have the lines set up.The other wildcard is Mark Bel..Bell was a highly touted 1st round pick with Chicago and put up 25 goals a few years ago before the trade to San Jose...After having personal problems off the ice, if Bell gets his act together he will be a major player on this team...Lets go Leaf Fans..Lets band together and lets do it this year...

• Replies 24k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• serge

• digitalmonkey

• Zach6668

• MapleLeafpoker

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Is it a coincidence that every good team in the league follows the "fancy video game stat Geek" model of thinking? and NHL seasons aren't 68 games long, unfortunately.

I had this thought process of blasting into you, getting all mad and belligerent, and then I realized, whats the point. I don't know you, I don't really know what makes you tick, and at the end of the

I guess I'll disclaim this by saying I'm a huge Sundin fan. He's probably my favourite player of all time.   First: Nobody knows exactly what happened. The Leafs couldn't work out a trade with a pla

Posted Images

GL from a Sharks fan. goooo sharksEDIT how long has it been since you've guys won the cup?
We are in our 41st year...We beleaf this is our year..
Gl bro, if the sharks dont make it, ill be rooting for you guys.
Thanks....I actually have a rooting interest for San Jose as my wife is from Fresno California and the closest hockey team there is San Jose...I am usually there once a year and the local Fresno stations cover the Shark games...I think this year will be a big year for the Sharks..
The Maple Leafs will win the stanley cup around the same time the Lions win the super bowl....
Why do you spew this hatred towards the Leafs..The Leafs right now are among the top 3-4 teams in the conference..
The new Leafs jersey will be unveiled today at 3:00pm. Rumour is it will look like this:leafs_jersey_white.jpg
Leafs and the Canadiens have done the right thing and went with the classic look...very cool

I woke up this morning and I really feel good about this team....After realizing what a huge addition Mark Bell will be after serving his suspension, this team might actually compete for the Stanley Cup this yearJFJ has done a great job improving the lineup and now its up to the boys to deliver..Stay tuned I will have a forecast with predictions on every single Maple Leaf player and how they will do ...WOW I am so happy to be a Leafs fan...I feel sorry for all that arent.

I woke up this morning and I really feel good about this team....After realizing what a huge addition Mark Bell will be after serving his suspension, this team might actually compete for the Stanley Cup this yearJFJ has done a great job improving the lineup and now its up to the boys to deliver..Stay tuned I will have a forecast with predictions on every single Maple Leaf player and how they will do ...WOW I am so happy to be a Leafs fan...I feel sorry for all that arent.
300px-Kool-Aid2.jpg
After realizing what a huge addition Mark Bell will be after serving his suspension, this team might actually compete for the Stanley Cup this year
Yes, Bell coming back from the suspension is sooo much better than him playing 80 games this year!
I hope you burned the sheets. :club:
I hope you burned the sheets. :club:
Dude the Leafs are a major contender in the Eastern Conference....There is only a couple of teams that can give them problems..Trust me this is the year
Dude the Leafs are a major contender in the Eastern Conference....There is only a couple of teams that can give them problems..Trust me this is the year
The couple of teams that can give them problems, are most likely who they will have to face if they even make the playoffs. Don't get me wrong, it's your right as a fan to have hope. Every year I say to myself that it's the BlackHawks, Bears, Jayhawks or even the Cubs year, but you have to realize that it probably won't happen. Just enjoy the game.
Better than the LeafsBuffaloOttawaNY RangersPittsburghAs good as the LeafsCarolinaMontrealNew JerseyPhiladelphiaTampa BayWashingtonWeaker than the LeafsAtlantaBostonFloridaNY IslandersIn my perspective, there are only a couple of teams that are weaker than Leafs. They are not "a major contender"
The couple of teams that can give them problems, are most likely who they will have to face if they even make the playoffs. Don't get me wrong, it's your right as a fan to have hope. Every year I say to myself that it's the BlackHawks, Bears, Jayhawks or even the Cubs year, but you have to realize that it probably won't happen. Just enjoy the game.
All we have is hope in September...but this year i have more hope than usual
Better than the LeafsBuffaloOttawaNY RangersPittsburghAs good as the LeafsCarolinaMontrealNew JerseyPhiladelphiaTampa BayWashingtonWeaker than the LeafsAtlantaBostonFloridaNY IslandersIn my perspective, there are only a couple of teams that are weaker than Leafs. They are not "a major contender"
There is no way the Sabres are better than the Leafs...Rangers maybe...Pittsburgh will still have growing pains..Carolina and Montreal wont make the playoffs...Philly will improve but not right away...Tampa bay and Washington and Jersey are still a step behind the Leafs..And OTTAWA is going to surprise all their fans this year..I honestly believe the Leafs will win their division and will fight it out with the Rangers for first..The main thing to remember is Buffalo got a lot worse, Ottawa did nothing, Pittsburgh still has growin pains and Montreal has issues in goal and overall team chemistry.I am positive the Leafs contend for the conference.
There is no way the Sabres are better than the Leafs...Rangers maybe...Pittsburgh will still have growing pains..Carolina and Montreal wont make the playoffs...Philly will improve but not right away...Tampa bay and Washington and Jersey are still a step behind the Leafs..And OTTAWA is going to surprise all their fans this year..I honestly believe the Leafs will win their division and will fight it out with the Rangers for first..The main thing to remember is Buffalo got a lot worse, Ottawa did nothing, Pittsburgh still has growin pains and Montreal has issues in goal and overall team chemistry.I am positive the Leafs contend for the conference.
Serge saying that the Sens will be worse than the Leafs because they did nothing is totally ridiculous. It isn't the first time you've pulled out this silly argument and I'll call you out on it every time.I'm pretty sure you understand basic math, so I don't think I have to prove how your logic is very, very flawed...