March goals:-Actually play. I want to get in 1000 SNGs this month. Fell short, played 795, but still pretty happy with that-Get Goldstar back check-Move up to the 27s check, crushin emProfit Goal: $1850 fell short due to a terrible start to the month, probably didnt play enough to reach this anyway
marchgraphee3.jpg(graph is a little off, missing some games)SNG Profit: +$1,173MTT Profit: $0Total Profit: +$1,173So I had a rough start breaking even and losing for the first half of the month, I finally broke out of that and then moved up to the 27s in the last few days where Ive been doing well. On a side note I reached the $5k mark for my BR, but lost it today due to at least 20 terrible beats lol. Overall Im pretty happy with how this month went considering my slow start.April Goals:-Play 48 SNGs a day-Retain goldstar, possibly get plat star-Play 27s the entire month-Play a few Sunday mills-Canucks make playoffs Profit Goal: $2500All easily doable, minus the plat star, havent figured out the math yet to see if I could make it. Want to prove to myself this month that I can actually make a living out of this. Hope you all had good months :club: Gl in April
  • Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

April Goals:-Put in a full 25k hands month.-Degenerate myself as far as possible, to prepare for making millions when reaching $3/$6 NL and 4-tabling 6max 8 hours a day.-Run good and make $900 (br will be $2500 there) to move up to .50/.1 fulltime. (already took a shot there and the games are just as soft as .25/.50, whopped in $300 after buying in with $100). I probably won't reach that goal but who cares, what are goals for anyways?-Play some Mtts and hopefully win another one after my last win 2 weeks ago.-NOT tilting away (or winning when running good) money at higher limits (just whopped in $200 at 2/4, games are just as soft as .25/.50 LOL)-NOT tilting away money in rebuy tournaments (i won't play them at all)-NOT saving up account and password data on my pc. Friend of mine just tilted away $50. He drank a spider which i put in his coke as revenge, but don't want to have lost another $50.And a question, what's the cash game limit in NL where i can start going pro by playing about 20k hands a month?greetings,travis

GoalsActually study, start working on distinction averageA decent number of hands, this will probably depend on how many hands I can play before uni, as I've decided that will be the best time to playcrushbe sociableGoal is still to be supernova in a reasonable amount of time this year, I don't think I can do this, with the volume I play, at 100nl, but I'll try my hardest, and work on moving up fairly quickly.
ResultsMarch08res.pngMarch08graph.pngI also won $400 live. So my first losing month in a year. I cashed out all my stars money due to frustration.It was probably a mistake to cash out right now due to the exchange rate but meh.I think a lot of my problems were due to playing while feeling quite sick. I also missed a week of uni due to sicknessIf I'm not well enough to go to class, I probably shouldn't be playing.As a result I haven't really been doing well at uni, but it's not to late to turn that around.GoalsI have $200 on FTP, I will try and build this up quickly, if that fails I'll redeposit somewhere, but poker is definitely secondary at the moment.Get back in to the good routine I was in before I got sick, getting up early and doing a quick workout to start the day, and doing a semi large workout most afternoons.Sort out money problems, either robusto, or I've been contemplating busking.
And a question, what's the cash game limit in NL where i can start going pro by playing about 20k hands a month?
I think if you have to ask this question, then there's no right answer.Seriously, run some numbers yourself. 20k hands will give you how much money at your current winrate? Be conservative, assume you've been running hot, try to aim for an amount far more than your monthly bills, for obvious reasons, etc.
And a question, what's the cash game limit in NL where i can start going pro by playing about 20k hands a month?
Is it wrong to LOL at this? I did. Is that wrong? It doesn't feel wrong.

March Goals:35k hands6k profit I'm playing 3 WSOP circuit events at Caesars AC (if anyone is coming let me know) so I'd like to play well/get deep in those.I'd like to continue playing super focused and going over my HH's every day and watching leggo videos. March Results:Only got in 18k hands due to moving, doctors appts for baby, laziness, live tourneys.Profit: $5,330 in online cash games, $1,870 in one tourney.Up to step 5 in WSOP steps tourney.Busto'd pretty early in all three WSOP circuit events.Was happy with my eating and excercising. April Goals:35k hands10k profit- I promised my fiance if I have a 10k month we can get a new couch :)Win a WSOP seatKeep eating well and playing tennis or working out.

March Goals:35k hands6k profit I'm playing 3 WSOP circuit events at Caesars AC (if anyone is coming let me know) so I'd like to play well/get deep in those.I'd like to continue playing super focused and going over my HH's every day and watching leggo videos. March Results:Only got in 18k hands due to moving, doctors appts for baby, laziness, live tourneys.Profit: $5,330 in online cash games, $1,870 in one tourney.Up to step 5 in WSOP steps tourney.Busto'd pretty early in all three WSOP circuit events.Was happy with my eating and excercising. April Goals:35k hands10k profit- I promised my fiance if I have a 10k month we can get a new couch :)Win a WSOP seatKeep eating well and playing tennis or working out.
I'd get this done ASAP if I were you :club:
My March goals are modest. Started the month with a $291 BR, and after one session I'm at $313, so it's time to move up to .50/1 on Stars. I'm planning on playing at least 10k hands, though I'd like that to be 15-20k. I'm not focusing on results, just sticking to the BR plan, which means I'll drop down if I drop below $200, and move up at $600. I won't withdraw money from the roll.
10k Hands - 7050, so still have to work on getting more hands in.I played 6300 hands at .50/1 LHE and ran at 2.21 BB/100. Bankroll after tonight is $451.97.I made Silver Star on Pokerstars, which is pretty cool for a noob like me.April Goals -1.10K Hands2.Win enough to move up to 1/23.More strategy discussion and hand posting/analysis.
Goal for march - MORE HANDS - 15-20k hopefully. Decent winrate - I'd be happy with 5 ptbb/100. Hopefully be fully rolled to go back to $50plo by the end of the month, if not then early to mid april
Well, didn't get to 15k hands, played just a little over 10k - however - I played 50plo most of the month, and won at 6ptbb/100 (after a crappy start, my last 5k hands were at 17/100). I don't think I'm up for more than 15k hands, just too much going on with planning wedding, work, etc, so this month I'll shoot for 12,500 and see where that gets me. Like to make $500 profit plus rb. Stay at 50plo, profit. That's pretty much it.
March goals: Get all my finances set up, make 1.5k+ online, win this weight loss bet (if I win I'm WAY up and for some reason as soon as I made the bet my appetite died so I'm doing so well) before the finish date. No set number of hands, it's primarily about getting better at poker and making very good economic decisions.
Finances set up: checkmake 1.5k online: checkkkkkkkwin this weight loss bet: eh, but i still have timegetting better at poker: probablygood economic decisions: check---April Goals:Get 1k+ on Eurolinxmake 2k+ onlinewin this weight loss betget better at pokerkeep bloggingI had a good March and am looking forward to putting in a lot of work in April.

Started playing cash again on a semi-regular basis. Right now 4-tabling 25 NL (kind of under my bankroll) until I get comfortable 6-tabling again and then plan to move up.April Goals:- Get comfortable 6-tabling- Get about 5k hands more under my belt at 25 NL- Move upto 50 NL and run > 5ptbb/100- +$600 overall - >12k handsWill be limited this month due to exams and such, hopefully will reach my hands goal

march was a pretty bleh month:-/basically broke even when it was all said and done, but I did profit an xbox 360 and cod4...so that was niceApril Goals:Workout 20 days out of the monthGet registered for EMT/Paramedic school summer semester25k handsMove up to .50/1 full time....

March Results:SNGs: +$67Cash Games: 494 hands @ $10NL - +$3.65, 2,013 hands @ $5NL - +$16.10I met my goal of breaking $500 total profit in sit n goes, only to lose $60 trying to beat $6.50 9 man turbos.April Goals:- $100+ profit from SNGs- Get my BR to $250- 5,000 hands of NL 6-max- Find/Make a HUD that works with the PT3 beta- Still manage to work a reasonable amount of the time!- Don't single-table anything. At least two tables open at all times.

I think if you have to ask this question, then there's no right answer.Seriously, run some numbers yourself. 20k hands will give you how much money at your current winrate? Be conservative, assume you've been running hot, try to aim for an amount far more than your monthly bills, for obvious reasons, etc.
yeah i already thought like this: 2PTBB/100 should be (i don't want to say easily, but definately) sustainable at $3/$6 as i already played some tilt-games there and the players still don't seem to have a clue. I think there will be more sharks around, but meh, I'll just have to do more game selection then. So in a month i will put in at least 15k hands, with a maximum of 25k hands. So my minimum for an average-run month should be about15.000 / 100 * 24 = about $3600, which is about 2275 Euros, which is plenty, since here in germany there's no taxation on my poker earnings (and that's only if i only play 15k hands, which should be no problem). That would be enough, and i would of course not go pro as soon as i reach $3/$6. I would save some money up a few months earlier obv. And that's "only" for 2PTBB. At the moment i have no sample size of that limit at all other than a few 100 hands, but if I'm able to make more than 2PTBB it's obv. going to be even more.My questions was more aimed at variance of cash games and so on. I have no idea how that all works out if I go through a nasty downswing and drop to 30 buyins, but still have to cash out another 5 buyins to pay some bills. Is the variance going to even itself out within a month if i put in a high enough volume of, lets say, 25k hands? Or can you even run really bad for such a long stretch?

I deposited for the first ever time in March to take advantage of Full Tilt's deposit bonus, so i'd like to end April with my bankroll somewhere around $1200 and continue to get the bonus money from FTP. I think i'm due for 2 months of rakeback on the 15th so that should help somewhat as well. I don't really care how many hands i get in as i've got exams and stuff to be revising for. Outside of poker i guess i should set a goal for revising more, but i doubt that's ever going to happen.Good luck all.

stuff
You should have several (say 6?) months worth of expenses set aside, seperate from your poker bankroll, if you're a pro. I didn't do that, and I regret it. It makes life sooooooo stressful to have to pull from your BR after a bad month, and it's the biggest reason I struggled when I first "turned pro".
March goal. $1500 profit (Didn't happen) would be nice. Another nice mtt score would be great, but I think I'm going to spend more time this month studying the game (didn't happen).
I had a positive March. +$389 to be exact. Fell short of my goal due to being at a trade show for a week and playing drunk, then taking a break from poker when I got home. Basically had a 2 week downswing. If it wasn't for a strong finish to the month, it would have been break even. The nice thing is I have cash spread across 3 sites for the first time.April goals - $1500 for the month is the goal again.Try to stay within my current roll, taking the odd shotStay away from the EVIL WSOP steps (very -ev for me)Get back to playing $10 SNGs

I don't think I have to explain why I'm pretty displeased with my monthmarchoverall.jpg+3970$after MTT deductions and rake back profits. I made $5k on the stake this month though, but I've not been including earnings ever from the stake during a month, but it's nice to know I made some $ there.But overall I'm very unhappy w/ how this month turned out.Goals were ~20k$, I didn't meet hand goals. I went to TN for a few days, but the last day of the month was brutal. I lost 7k, and a good portion of that loss was me playing 10/20 against a guy I've taken a lot off of at 5/10, and I played pretty awful, as well as didn't make any hands against him, but I made poor adjustments and effectively deserved to lose. Still not fun.- Jordan

April Goals:Win $12,000Play 15,000+ handsGet roll to about $20k and start picking good spots at 3/6 HU NLWorkout every day after work before playing cardsLose 10 lbsBuy a freakin house already...

I think you want to win as much money as possible, so if I were you, I would play the biggest game I can buy into.
I'm playing 3 WSOP circuit events at Caesars AC (if anyone is coming let me know) so I'd like to play well/get deep in those.
I will be in Atlantic City April 10, 11, 12
Is it wrong to LOL at this? I did. Is that wrong? It doesn't feel wrong.
No.
I think you want to win as much money as possible, so if I were you, I would play the biggest game I can buy into. I will be in Atlantic City April 10, 11, 12No.
really hmmm maybe I will come down and show you all how to play pokerzMarch was my worst month ever and I made way more than I did at my job weeeeeeeeee I get to play poker for another month.I need to play more hands, thinking about getting a desktop so I can multitable

April Goals:Take online poker seriously for the entire month without playing over my head.Quit as soon as I feel any tilt (mini-tilt has killed me).Get better at HU poker. Lose 10-15 lbs.Go to the gym 5 days a week all month.Ride my bike to work 15 days of the month. (Its still so effing cold.)