Stars Hyper Turbos As A Bankroll Builder?

edited againall i'll say is I couldn't handle the swings I'd get if I tried.Played about 500 or so ultra turbos on tilt and said no mas.

Has anyone had any long term success as using these as a bankroll builder? I gotta think that a player with decent sng skills can be profitable at these. No rake helps.
Variance seems to be too high in those to be profitable?

Where are these hyper turbos?Can they be profitable? Sure. But the variance will be extremely high. That means, you may quickly amass a lot of cashes or go broke very quickly. And either way, your skill level will have very little affect on your results over the short term - the short term here could be 10,000 of these suckers.I would rather play black jack online than hyper turbo sngs.Generally, IMHO, the better the struture, the better chance skilled players have of outplaying their opponents. Plus, you, yourself, will become a better poker player by playing sngs that at least loosely resemble poker....What's your bankroll at this point?Given a bankroll of say $50 or more, I would simply play standard sngs and add cash games and tournaments (preferably deep stack or rebuy tournaments) and build a roll that way.I'm currently in the process of rebuilding my bankroll myself ($450 - bought a car...).

I assume we're talking about the ten cent 360s? I won one of the first ones I played (which scored me eight bucks or so IIRC), and my Sharkscope graph still shows that buyin level as being my highest average ROI. But while I still haven't played enough times to use up the eight bucks I won, I would agree that they are too annoying to spend much time on. OTOH they do fill up pretty fast, so if you focused on them and multitabled, who knows.

I assume we're talking about the ten cent 360s? I won one of the first ones I played (which scored me eight bucks or so IIRC), and my Sharkscope graph still shows that buyin level as being my highest average ROI. But while I still haven't played enough times to use up the eight bucks I won, I would agree that they are too annoying to spend much time on. OTOH they do fill up pretty fast, so if you focused on them and multitabled, who knows.
I think he's talking about 6-man satts that pay 2 seats. I looked and saw an 11$ one to a 33$ sat and a 31$ one or something like that.

They are sattelite sng that ussually start about 90 minutes before the tourney itself. I was playing the $44+0 ones that award 2 $109 seats(unregister for t$) and $36 cash for third. Structure is 750 starting chips and 25/50 10a to start with blinds doubling every 3 minutes.

They are sattelite sng that ussually start about 90 minutes before the tourney itself. I was playing the $44+0 ones that award 2 $109 seats(unregister for t$) and $36 cash for third. Structure is 750 starting chips and 25/50 10a to start with blinds doubling every 3 minutes.
Ok, so the prize pool is $218 in T$ and $36 cash for third, which totals $254. $254 divided by $44 is, um...5.8? I don't think it's possible to have 5.8 players...is it maybe $46 for third?Anyway, I was way in a different league, lol. With "no vig" and "bankroll builder", I was thinking of someone that only had a few bucks in their account, and of course the ten centers are no vig. In my world, the OP already has a bankroll! (Whenever I get more than $150 in my PS account, I get a cashout as I need the money for everyday bills and such.)ETA: the structure of these is horrific. I guess you could look at them as practice for the late stages of a bigger turbo SNG, but...wow. How long do they typically last, ten minutes? Yuck.

Blah!!! That's gross...In my search for hyper turbo tournaments I found the 10 cent 360 man tournaments. I almost doubled my poker stars bankroll with a 3rd place finish my second time out. I doubt they are a great bankroll builder, but I'll probably play a couple more over the holidays.

Not sure if they'd be a long term money maker. The variance a lot of players see may come from trying to play poker rather than playing the numbers. Turbos become more of a shell game than a poker game after a couple orbits because the blinds rise so quickly, and are the one format where I can see a Kill Phil jam or fold strategy working.

• 1 year later...

I don't want to come off as "that guy", but the .10 turbos aren't "hyper". And they are extremely different than the .02 hyper turbo.The original discussion was about hyper turbos, and they probably should only be played if you have absolutely nothing better to do! Personally, I think the game play in the .10 turbo is slow enough to actually come out ahead without an immense amount of luck.Play tight and let 60% of the bozo's that ultimately enter these weed themselves out and you will make money eventually. Not a lot of money, but you gotta start somewhere. If you're like me, it's at the bottom,lol.Just my opinion.