As much fun as it is to hate on Flushgarden some more, the Super Bowl is over and it is time to think about next year. What is your top ten? Your first round mock? Trade rumors? Trade scenarios? It is time to slick back our hair like Mel Kiper and talk some draft.My top ten:1. Miami----Glenn Dorsey DT. They have no one at DT. Dorsey is an awesome DT. Even the Fins cant screw this up. If they love Sedrick Ellis (who had a great Senior Bowl apparently) they might take him especially if they think he fits a 3-4 scheme better.2. St. Louis---Jake Long OT. Pace has been hurt and is old. O-line is important to a team with so much offensive firepower. 3. Atlanta Falcons---Matt Ryan QB. Thank you M. Vick. Personally I like Brian Brohm but maybe Atlanta shies away from any Louisville products.4. Oakland Raiders---Darren McFadden RB. This is a great spot for the Cowboys to trade up. I think it would take Barber, the 22nd pick and the 29th pick. In return, the Cowboys get the 4th pick and the Raiders 3rd round pick. That would be an offer i would take if I was Al Davis. You get an RB to put in for unreliable lamont jordan to help out JaMarcus Russell and you get three picks between 22 and 35 where you can add a bunch of talent.5. KC Chiefs---Chris Long DE. You pair him with Jared Allen and your pass rush is set for a decade. Ask the giants how important being able to rush the passer with 4 is. They should also seriously consider taking a QB. Croyle sucks. Trading down would be a good option too.6. NYJ---Vernon Gholston DE. Jets should try to trade up and get Chris Long. If not Gholston would be an awesome OLB in a 3-4 scheme. Merriman like potential as an edge rusher.7. NE----Aqib Talib CB. I am assuming Asante Samuel leaves. Therefore, the Pats go with a CB. Mike Jenkins from So. Fla is a possibility too.8. Ravens---Brian Brohm QB. They need a QB desperately. Troy Smith will make a good backup. Get rid of McNair and Boller.9. Bengals---Sedrick Ellis DT. They need line help, Ellis is a good DT. easy.10. Saints---Kenny Phillips S. Another team that needs to go defense. Their secondary stinks. Phillips is going to be a star and premier safeties affect games.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've heard the rumors of trades between Dallas/Miami and Dallas/Oakland to move up to get McFadden. I'm not sure I like the idea of giving up Barber though, they could just make him the full time starter. I won't be disappointed if we don't trade up for him, and I won't be disappointed if we do.

Miami's trading that one pick. If for some reason they don't, they will pick Dorsey. Your draft looks pretty good, I don't like the Falcons picking Ryan 3rd. Maybe try to ship that pick to the Eagles for McNabb or get another free agent QB, and spend that pick on defense.

I've heard the rumors of trades between Dallas/Miami and Dallas/Oakland to move up to get McFadden. I'm not sure I like the idea of giving up Barber though, they could just make him the full time starter. I won't be disappointed if we don't trade up for him, and I won't be disappointed if we do.
Jerry Jones said last week that Marion Barber is not going anywhere. I don't think Dallas is going to trade up for McFadden. If anything, I see them trading Spears or Carp and our second 1st rounder to Cincy for CJ. It may even be both of them and another pick as they run a 4-3, and both players should do much better in that system. It's gonna happen, watch.
Jerry Jones said last week that Marion Barber is not going anywhere. I don't think Dallas is going to trade up for McFadden. If anything, I see them trading Spears or Carp and our second 1st rounder to Cincy for CJ. It may even be both of them and another pick as they run a 4-3, and both players should do much better in that system. It's gonna happen, watch.
I'd be annoyed if we got rid of Spears, I'm not all that fond of Carpenter though so if he gets traded I won't really mind. I'm not sure we need Chad Johnson though, I'd rather improve the defense and not the offense at this point.
Yea, I expect Parcells to trade it off to get a group of picks.
that would be fantastic. as a dolphins fan I can only be skeptical that my team will do something that smart/far-sighted. honestly, I could live with dorsey though. DT is as good a place to start rebuilding as any and he is worthy of top pick money.
that would be fantastic. as a dolphins fan I can only be skeptical that my team will do something that smart/far-sighted. honestly, I could live with dorsey though. DT is as good a place to start rebuilding as any and he is worthy of top pick money.
I agree I think you are in a win/win situation. I guess it depends on who they think they can pick up by trading down.

As much as Parcells wants to trade the number one pick, it aint happenin folks.There is no one player in this draft that would constitute giving up multiple picks AND paying the number one pick money. I agree with the OP's first ten picks, but doubt Dallas trades Barber to get McFadden. You never can tell with Jones though, esp with McFadden being from Arkansas.

I think #1 gets traded.On a side note about the draft. I heard on local radio today that the Gmen had 8 draft picks last year, 7 of which were on the roster for the the SB. Impressive.

On a side note about the draft. I heard on local radio today that the Gmen had 8 draft picks last year, 7 of which were on the roster for the the SB. Impressive.
3-4 of them were making huge plays in the game too.Smith at WR, Bradshaw at RB, I can't remember the DL who got pressure on Brady a few times and one sack if I remember right.
3-4 of them were making huge plays in the game too.Smith at WR, Bradshaw at RB, I can't remember the DL who got pressure on Brady a few times and one sack if I remember right.
Alford from PSU had the sack with ~20 seconds left.
Nah, it won't happen. Cinti would take a 3 million cap hit and if you know anything about Mike Brown, he won't take the hit and let a great player go. Chad is just doing what his jerk agent is telling him to do. Also, Cinti already has about 12 picks this draft so we'd be looking to trade picks or trade up rather than more picks.I pray that a defensive lineman falls to us at 9 in the draft, especially Ellis but I have a bad fear that it won't.
Giants won this game because of their amazing recent draft record. They have added Tuck, Alford and dont forget Kiawanuka to complement Osi and Strahan (possibly retiring). They have added Ross and Webster to shore up the secondary. This year they got a WR to replace Toomer (Smith), a TE to push Shockey (Boss) and a RB to team perfectly with Jacobs (Bradshaw). Jacobs was also a good recent pick to replace Tiki.Very impressive. Also the Manning for Rivers trade looks pretty smart now too. This draft they need to focus on their LB corps (Keith Rivers from USC would be perfect) and the Safety position and maybe get some O-line depth imo. They are well stocked to contend for a while.
I'd be annoyed if we got rid of Spears, I'm not all that fond of Carpenter though so if he gets traded I won't really mind. I'm not sure we need Chad Johnson though, I'd rather improve the defense and not the offense at this point.
We don't really need Spears as we have Ratliff, Hatcher, Canty (who needs to be resigned) and Tank who could rotate NT/DE like Ratliff if we keep Ferguson. You need to remember that TO is getting old, 34 I think, and Glenn probably won't be back. I am definitely not comfortable with Crayton and Hurd, we need a good WR. Roy Williams from Detroit is another possibility, though I worry about his durability. As far as the defense goes, we only really need 2 CBs and possibly a FS if Hamlin leaves, but Tank Williams is available.
5. KC Chiefs---Chris Long DE. You pair him with Jared Allen and your pass rush is set for a decade. Ask the giants how important being able to rush the passer with 4 is. They should also seriously consider taking a QB. Croyle sucks. Trading down would be a good option too.
I really don't see a DE at this spot for the Chiefs. They have so many more pressing needs and actually DE is pretty solid for them with Tamba Hali and Allen. I see them taking Jake Long if he falls to 5, which is seeming more unlikely as we get closer. If he's gone I think they trade down to later in the 1st round for the next best OT and accumulate picks for later. If they think they can get a comparable OT in round 2 then a CB is also a possibility. It sure seems that they are set on Croyle being the future, I actually think he has the physical tools, if he can stay healthy but that is a huge if. I wouldn't mind a QB at 5.
If I were a Dolphins fan, I would be much happier trading down and staying away from Dorsey. Leg/knee problems on a man of that frame, while not necessarily symptomatic of an injury-hampered career, certainly don't help. BTW, the Pats need linebacker help immediately. Combined age of those guys is like 158.
As long as either the Rams or the Chiefs take Chris Long I will be happy. I would prefer that the Rams take Chris and the Chiefs take Matt Ryan, but you cant always get what you want.
Isn't there some kind of Missouri law against rooting for both teams? I know you can marry your sister down there but I thought they had some standards.
I really don't see a DE at this spot for the Chiefs. They have so many more pressing needs and actually DE is pretty solid for them with Tamba Hali and Allen. I see them taking Jake Long if he falls to 5, which is seeming more unlikely as we get closer. If he's gone I think they trade down to later in the 1st round for the next best OT and accumulate picks for later. If they think they can get a comparable OT in round 2 then a CB is also a possibility. It sure seems that they are set on Croyle being the future, I actually think he has the physical tools, if he can stay healthy but that is a huge if. I wouldn't mind a QB at 5.
this is the one pick I hated writing. Chiefs dont need a DE but Long is clearly the best player left on the board in my mock at #5. I think they will trade it to a team that wants Chris Long badly in the end. Good move for them imo. If Jake Long fell to them they obviously take him but I doubt Jake falls that far.
If I were a Dolphins fan, I would be much happier trading down and staying away from Dorsey. Leg/knee problems on a man of that frame, while not necessarily symptomatic of an injury-hampered career, certainly don't help. BTW, the Pats need linebacker help immediately. Combined age of those guys is like 158.
I agree with the person in this thread who thinks it will be impossible to trade down from #1. They wont get good value.Dorsey's injury concerns are why I mentioned the possibility of taking Sedrick Ellis.I also think they should take a long hard look at Jake Long.