crosspost since Dave posts in here alot and you might not see it in the bad beat forum or off topic. get well soon

Getting quietly beat into jello would have been a much more prudent course of action in retrospect.They kicked the crap out of my friends. Then the one guy went upstairs where the lady of the house was sleeping. Then they stole all of my money. Then they beat me. So I just broke. **** it. You have a gun, but **** it. I said, "You're not taking the money." (which turns out not to be entirely true). And I grabbed hold of him.Then I said, "You don't want to shoot me." (Which turns out not to be entirely true.) "Get out." ??(Further pistol whipping ensued. And then some wrestling.)"You might have to shoot me." (Which turns out not to be an entirely good suggestion.)(More wrestling.)"I could use some help here." Somewhere in this part he fired two shots, one of which went through my side. I had too much adrenaline to feel any pain, though, and I really didn't even remember the bullet hitting. I wasn't aware of it at the time, but we were moving toward the front door. I think (now) he wanted to just get out at this point. I tackled him at the doorway and then he ran out. I was left holding his shoe. I ran to the neighbors', rang the bell, and yelled for them to call the police. One of the other players came to the door, too. I said, "I think I might have been shot." He confirmed and held onto the entrance wound while we stood on the porch. Then I lay down and bled awhile.So, I don't think anything I said here was the problem for him.I note in retrospect that he restrained on at least one occasion from killing me when he had an opportunity. So I'm glad that he was not completely evil and sadistic, or at least was intelligent enough consider the possible punishments.
  • Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dave is probably going to live. Then I may have to kill him. He called me at 3 am to tell me he had been "roughed up". I found out he was shot on the news. Yeah.

This thread title is borderline criminal, but I guess you did it to trick Zach thinking there's strategy behind this huh?David, I hope that things are ok and that they catch those guys that did this crap.

wtfaments? Is this for real?
Unfortunately, yes. On the bright-side, I've learned to clean and bandage bullet holes.
Jesus, Dave. Get better. Where's the original post?
Worst Bad Beat of the Night
Ok, may not be the best time to ask this, but I was just wondering if the poker game you were in was 'legal' and could there be any consequences?
Doesn't matter. Dave would just be like "Leave me alone. You should be out catching criminals or something. Besides, what are you gonna do, shoot me?"A wry little smile will cross his face and the cops will leave, knowing they just had their asses handed to them.
Doesn't matter. Dave would just be like "Leave me alone. You should be out catching criminals or something. Besides, what are you gonna do, shoot me?"
Depending on where he lives, the answer could very well be, "We already did."

Thanks for the good wishes.

Ok, may not be the best time to ask this, but I was just wondering if the poker game you were in was 'legal' and could there be any consequences?
Not legal, but the police seemed much more interested in figuring out the robbery. I guess the prosecutor might feel differently, but all the officers I dealt with were good and seemed to have a sense of perspective.

I'm having trouble with this one. Can you give me Villain's range and our equity against? You do well on that pokerstove stuff. ;)That's pretty crazy and glad you seem to be doing okay. Quit being a hero!

There's a joke here about not trying to bluff Dave, even with a gun, because he'll call you down. I'm not sure what it is. :club:

There's a joke here about not trying to bluff Dave, even with a gun, because he'll call you down. I'm not sure what it is. :club:
Well Villain only double barreled, if he triple barreled...we'll never know the outcome.
This thread title is borderline criminal, but I guess you did it to trick Zach thinking there's strategy behind this huh?David, I hope that things are ok and that they catch those guys that did this crap.
Dave was making jokes about it already or I wouldn't have titled it like that. And hopefully I slipped one by the evil strat mod :club: