Csa Vs. Drawin Dead...anyone?

HeyI know it's "Only" Wednesday...and we "Only" have playoffs TBD this weekend, but...any chance we could hear ANYTHING about this game.Thanks

huh? playoffs are this weekend?im lost...these guys arent even in your conference.
I fixed my post...Flu is correct...I meant playoff implications.
HeyI know it's "Only" Wednesday...and we "Only" have playoffs TBD this weekend, but...any chance we could hear ANYTHING about this game.Thanks
Drawing dead has been trying to get in touch with CSA for 4 days now. There was network problems on sunday (when they were supposed to play) and he has not heard back from them.I advised him today that it looks like he will have to take the default the isnt much more he can do.
Another default - that's two weeks in a row for CSA.Strange
Strange? Apparently you didn't see the end of the challenge league.
Drawing dead has been trying to get in touch with CSA for 4 days now. There was network problems on sunday (when they were supposed to play) and he has not heard back from them.I advised him today that it looks like he will have to take the default the isnt much more he can do.
This is crap. Nobody's tried to get in touch with me. We'd better not get a default for this. I'm sorry I haven't been around much lately, but if there had been a PM sent my way, I would've set one up. I work 2:45pm-11:15pm CST tomorrow and I'm off on Saturday. So, basically, I can play anytime Saturday. Better?Hopefully next time someone will send me a PM or IM instead of posting in here on the off chance I happen to come in here.
What's weird is that neither one of them have posted anything in the forum since sunday about the match.
Yeah, cause I work weird hours. I've posted in the off topic sections. I only come in here when I have to.
Isn't Custom36 usually around? Does anyone know if they'll be attending next week?
We plan on it.
Another default - that's two weeks in a row for CSA.Strange
The first one was because ChuckSty was supposed to play and I guess he completely spaced.This last one is crap.
Guest Guest

Especially here at the end they should be able to play. Figure it out and play.As you said, I didn't see Drawing dead flooding the boards wondering where you were.

"This is crap. Nobody's tried to get in touch with me. We'd better not get a default for this. I'm sorry I haven't been around much lately, but if there had been a PM sent my way, I would've set one up. I work 2:45pm-11:15pm CST tomorrow and I'm off on Saturday. So, basically, I can play anytime Saturday. Better?"Really? So BMW is a LIAR?"Hopefully next time someone will send me a PM or IM instead of posting in here on the off chance I happen to come in here."Actually Dougie...I had NOTHING to do w/ this match. Unlike you...I care about the league as a WHOLE. I noticed a match hadn't been played...there wasn't any postings on why...AND IT HAD SOMEONE INVOLVED WHO HAD DONE THIS CRAP IN THE PAST. So I made a post...figures you'd get your panties in a bunch over it."Yeah, cause I work weird hours. I've posted in the off topic sections. I only come in here when I have to."Hmmm...so AFTER a match was scheduled to take place (DUE TO NO FAULT ON YOU PART) you never once bothered to check back into this forun to see what was going on? If I had a matched canceled for whatever reason...I'd find a reason to "Come in here when I HAVE TO"....makes sense...no?"The first one was because ChuckSty was supposed to play and I guess he completely spaced.This last one is crap."No...what's crap is your excuses for why you don't think you should take a default.If Sleuth thinks this match should go...fine. It's just sad that a moderator who supposedly cares so much about this forum and the leagues he particpates in...couldn't get his team there at the end of the FCP Challenge League and now in FCPHU League.

Actually Dougie...I had NOTHING to do w/ this match. Unlike you...I care about the league as a WHOLE. I noticed a match hadn't been played...there wasn't any postings on why...AND IT HAD SOMEONE INVOLVED WHO HAD DONE THIS CRAP IN THE PAST.
Who the hell are you? Nobody said anything about you. This had nothing to do with you. Why are you here? What does you caring about this league have to do with me? Who said I don't care about this league as a whole? You're so confusing...
Hmmm...so AFTER a match was scheduled to take place (DUE TO NO FAULT ON YOU PART) you never once bothered to check back into this forun to see what was going on? If I had a matched canceled for whatever reason...I'd find a reason to "Come in here when I HAVE TO"....makes sense...no?
It wasn't my match. I figured he'd be able to see that ChuckSty was playing (not me). After all, Chuck said to contact HIM about rescheduling. I thought Drawin Dead was working it out with him. Of course I didn't come in here.
No...what's crap is your excuses for why you don't think you should take a default.
What? Fill my shoes for a week. You wouldn't be happy about this either.
If Sleuth thinks this match should go...fine. It's just sad that a moderator who supposedly cares so much about this forum and the leagues he particpates in...couldn't get his team there at the end of the FCP Challenge League and now in FCPHU League.
Chuck forgot about a match. It happens. It doesn't mean I don't care about this league. Hell, if I didn't care about this league, I wouldn't be fighting to get rid of this default. We've already got one - why should I care about a 2nd one? After all, I'm not getting a team next year, I'm not in the playoff race, and it has no effect on me. So, why should I care? Because I have more integrity than you give me credit for and I plan on having my team at every match until the end of the season. The fact is I do care about this league and there was miscommunication (or...no communication) that caused this to happen.In regards to not caring about this forum, that allegation, like the rest of your post, is a baseless lie. But, keep accusing me of things. We all know you will anyway.
Who the hell are you? Nobody said anything about you. This had nothing to do with you. Why are you here? What does you caring about this league have to do with me? Who said I don't care about this league as a whole? You're so confusing...
Reading is a skill Doug. YOU SAID..."Hopefully next time someone will send me a PM or IM instead of posting in here on the off chance I happen to come in here."I was pointing out that I had made the post and NOT someone involved in the match. It wasn't my match. I figured he'd be able to see that ChuckSty was playing (not me). After all, Chuck said to contact HIM about rescheduling. I thought Drawin Dead was working it out with him. Of course I didn't come in here.Again...I simply asked about your team and not u specifically. BUT...at the end of the day, YOU are the captain and if things go wrong, YOU are the one people will turn to for answers.What? Fill my shoes for a week. You wouldn't be happy about this either.I'll agree w/ you here actually. If someone on my team caused a default...I too would be pissed.Chuck forgot about a match. It happens. It doesn't mean I don't care about this league. Hell, if I didn't care about this league, I wouldn't be fighting to get rid of this default. We've already got one - why should I care about a 2nd one? After all, I'm not getting a team next year, I'm not in the playoff race, and it has no effect on me. So, why should I care? Because I have more integrity than you give me credit for and I plan on having my team at every match until the end of the season. The fact is I do care about this league and there was miscommunication (or...no communication) that caused this to happen.I guess all I will say to this post is this....If you showed as much passion for getting your team to their matches and/or following up on a match that was to be played as you do in arguing with me...we wouldn't even be having this discussion.In regards to not caring about this forum, that allegation, like the rest of your post, is a baseless lie. But, keep accusing me of things. We all know you will anyway.Doug...I call it as I see it. As commish and a captain of the FCP League, your team was a NO SHOW down the stretch. Now we are in a completely different league and for 2 WEEKS IN A ROW, your team defaults. Am I not allowed to see a pattern forming?And...I do apologize...The line about the forum was w/o basis. I know you care about this place...for that I apologize. BUT...in 2 different leagues, you haven't shown the same level of committment...imo.FWIW...I suck at quoting!
Reading is a skill Doug. YOU SAID..."Hopefully next time someone will send me a PM or IM instead of posting in here on the off chance I happen to come in here."I was pointing out that I had made the post and NOT someone involved in the match. It wasn't my match. I figured he'd be able to see that ChuckSty was playing (not me). After all, Chuck said to contact HIM about rescheduling. I thought Drawin Dead was working it out with him. Of course I didn't come in here.Again...I simply asked about your team and not u specifically. BUT...at the end of the day, YOU are the captain and if things go wrong, YOU are the one people will turn to for answers.What? Fill my shoes for a week. You wouldn't be happy about this either.I'll agree w/ you here actually. If someone on my team caused a default...I too would be pissed.Chuck forgot about a match. It happens. It doesn't mean I don't care about this league. Hell, if I didn't care about this league, I wouldn't be fighting to get rid of this default. We've already got one - why should I care about a 2nd one? After all, I'm not getting a team next year, I'm not in the playoff race, and it has no effect on me. So, why should I care? Because I have more integrity than you give me credit for and I plan on having my team at every match until the end of the season. The fact is I do care about this league and there was miscommunication (or...no communication) that caused this to happen.I guess all I will say to this post is this....If you showed as much passion for getting your team to their matches and/or following up on a match that was to be played as you do in arguing with me...we wouldn't even be having this discussion.In regards to not caring about this forum, that allegation, like the rest of your post, is a baseless lie. But, keep accusing me of things. We all know you will anyway.Doug...I call it as I see it. As commish and a captain of the FCP League, your team was a NO SHOW down the stretch. Now we are in a completely different league and for 2 WEEKS IN A ROW, your team defaults. Am I not allowed to see a pattern forming?And...I do apologize...The line about the forum was w/o basis. I know you care about this place...for that I apologize. BUT...in 2 different leagues, you haven't shown the same level of committment...imo.FWIW...I suck at quoting!
noooooooo
Again...I simply asked about your team and not u specifically. BUT...at the end of the day, YOU are the captain and if things go wrong, YOU are the one people will turn to for answers.
Yeah, and if someone had sent me a PM, I would've taken care of it. But, nobody sent me a PM, so I was under the assumption that it was taken care of.
I guess all I will say to this post is this....If you showed as much passion for getting your team to their matches and/or following up on a match that was to be played as you do in arguing with me...we wouldn't even be having this discussion.
I can't sit there and make sure they are going to their matches. I told Chuck he was playing early in the week. He said okay. I reminded him on the weekend. He said okay. Are you telling me I should then babysit for an hour to make sure he shows up? Screw that. He's an adult. If he doesn't show, it's on him. I was upset that he no-showed and I let him know about it. Then we moved on. I showed as much passion about this league as anyone else. Ask Cobalt and Chuck. But I will NOT babysit my team every single week to make sure they're showing up.

I think the point being made is that they are your kids, so they are your responsibility to babysit. Sounds like you chose teammates that you can't count on. If that's the case, there's nothing you can do about it, but live and learn.

noooooooo
LOL...YES I do!
Yeah, and if someone had sent me a PM, I would've taken care of it. But, nobody sent me a PM, so I was under the assumption that it was taken care of.I can't sit there and make sure they are going to their matches. I told Chuck he was playing early in the week. He said okay. I reminded him on the weekend. He said okay. Are you telling me I should then babysit for an hour to make sure he shows up? Screw that. He's an adult. If he doesn't show, it's on him. I was upset that he no-showed and I let him know about it. Then we moved on. I showed as much passion about this league as anyone else. Ask Cobalt and Chuck. But I will NOT babysit my team every single week to make sure they're showing up.
Doug...on the PM thing...I can give you benefit of the doubt. I was under the assumption you had been contacted by BMW to play. If that wasn't the case...all apologies.On the babysit part. Unfortunately....yes you do have to babysit them. Or instead of babysitting...have a plan in case something comes up. I know on my team, our captain Gobears sent us out an excel sheet telling us not only when we play, but when we need to be there to back up just in case. Again...at the end of the day, the team captain is responsible for getting a person there to play.
I think the point being made is that they are your kids, so they are your responsibility to babysit. Sounds like you chose teammates that you can't count on. If that's the case, there's nothing you can do about it, but live and learn.
QFTWe are beating a dead horse here, so let's not go into this any further unless you feel the need to. I simply pointed out on Wednesday a very important match had yet to take place. (And unless I am off...your team IS STILL ALIVE IF YOU WON!!!!!) I also noticed it was the same team who had defaulted 1 week earlier....and it was one of the same captain's whose team was a no show down the stretch in the FCP league. Sorry if I put 1 + 1 and it = 2!

1) I told Drawin' Dead to take the default on thursday.thats 4 days following the scheduled match. the had posted in here, pm'd me, pm'd CSA more than once.Also - CSA knew this game had not been played - so even if for some reason their pm's did not work - there seemed to be no effort up until today to try and get this game in. No one has heard from them in 5 days.Which is why I told Drawin dead to take a default.

1) I told Drawin' Dead to take the default on thursday.thats 4 days following the scheduled match. the had posted in here, pm'd me, pm'd CSA more than once.Also - CSA knew this game had not been played - so even if for some reason their pm's did not work - there seemed to be no effort up until today to try and get this game in. No one has heard from them in 5 days.Which is why I told Drawin dead to take a default.
Nice to know we have an impartial commish. :club: Since it's obvious there's no changing your mind (even though we could've done it today and had it out of the way), I'll leave it at that.
Nice to know we have an impartial commish. :club: Since it's obvious there's no changing your mind (even though we could've done it today and had it out of the way), I'll leave it at that.
Custom,If you are implying that Darrell isn't impartial, you are going down the wrong road. Just because you disagree with his decision doesn't mean he isn't fair. I think the vast majority of players in this league, me being at the top of the list, think Darrell is doing a terrific job with this league.You of all people should know that running a league like this is a major undertaking. You had to make a bunch of tough decisions in the Forum Challenge league and when someone disagreed with it you weren't happy about it. You know that running a league like this is a thankless job. Now Darrell has had to make tough decisions here dealing with defaults and you of all people, who obviously knows that every decision made is likely to leave at least one side unhappy, takes a shot at him implying he's unfair? That is crass. The default wasn't claimed until Thursday morning on a match that was originally scheduled for Sunday afternoon. Is it unreasonable for Darrell to expect someone from your team to contact him, or post in this forum, within four days? I don't think so.You're firing your bullets at bmwcoupe for not contacting you, and now Darrell for his decision(and of course Vick12, because i guess theres some bad blood still from the Forum Challenge league), where it seems to me you should be firing at ChuckSty if he was indeed supposed to play the match for your team this week. He should have checked the forum, or PMd Darrell himself to see what the deal was with the match. Don't you think?michael