• Please log in to reply
2802 replies to this topic

#1 SBriand

SBriand

Viva La Beaver!

• Members
  • 15,097 posts

Posted 02 July 2008 - 12:15 PM

So since it seems we have a lot of gamers on the site (like Ron Mexico) I thought I would create a similar topic like the what are you guys listening too topic. So feel free to post what games you are playing and how you are progressing and any general talk. Anyone who wants to decide to be the mk of this topic and be smug feel free. MLB 2K872-58 with the Tigers. 2 games ahead of Cleveland in the AL Central. Amazed I have played (and not simmed) 130 games. I need to get out more.Lost OdysseyRented it this week because I had a hankering for an RPG. Heard that this was a good one for the 360. It was developed by Mistwalker which was created by the guy who created the Final Fantasy series and the music was done by Nobuo Uematsu who did a lot of the music for past Final Fantasies. Only 3 hrs in but so far I love it. Very good story and very well presented. Mixes turn based combat ala pre FF XII and something similar to the Ring System that was in Shadow Hearts. Call of Duty 4I need to renew my live membership but I will usually play this. Currently I think I am level 23 3rd prestige.GTA4Pick it up now and then and play. Stuck on a mission right now so I put it down for a bit.
QUOTE (digitalmonkey @ Wednesday, August 18th, 2010, 1:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Steve,

It doesn't matter who you start because you have a horse shoe up your ass so far I'm not really sure how you get through the day. You must be gay.

#2 Jadaki

Jadaki

IIOY?

• Members
  • 22,247 posts

Posted 02 July 2008 - 12:27 PM

I haven't tried Lost Odyssey yet, but I intend to once I get caught up on stuff I already own. These are the games getting the most play in my house right now.360: GTA IV, Lego Indiana JonesGTA IV is great, but I got stuck on a mission and put it down for a bit. I had a blast with the Lego Star Wars games and picked up Indiana Jones, it didn't dissappoint and I'm working on getting 100% completion in it, I'm around 80% right now and it's been fun to play with my kid.Wii: Boom Blox, Mario KartBoom Blox is a fun time waster and Mario Kart is just a blast to play with my son, he is pretty close to having everything unlocked now.PS3: MGS4, Hot Shots GolfSlowly working my way through MGS4, there are so many cut scenes that it feels more like watching a movie sometimes so I have to be in a specific mood to sit around and play it. Hot Shots Golf is all sorts of win.

#3 CaneBrain

CaneBrain

The chosen few....

• Members
  • 14,896 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:5/10 NLHE (100 max buy in)

Posted 02 July 2008 - 01:03 PM

I have been playing a lot of Hangaroo on the computer. (freeaddictinggames.com)for whatever reason I find Wheel of Fortune style games addictive and I can play at work. as some may have noticed I have had a couple of slow slow weeks at work so I have been posting on here nonstop. Padding my own stats, ftw.I have also been playing GTA IV for the PS3. Great game I just never have enough time to do more than a mission or two. I totally need to up my PPIT total. (prostitutes put in traction)Been playing some Madden 08 too when I have friends over. Madden always satisfies.
"Give a little bit.....give a little bit of your chips to me...."

#4 Speed Limit

Speed Limit

Broseph Ballin'

• Members
  • 3,295 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:PLO

Posted 02 July 2008 - 01:36 PM

Xbox 360:Rock Band, this usually doesn't changePC: CSBeen playing Counter-Strike for 6 years, my friends and I still get a blast out of some pwning on pubs and scrims.Wii:Lots of VCSuper Mario Bros 3.Super MetriodLegend of Zelda: A Link to the PastSuper Mario 64
Limidonks superfan

Pinpoint music

FCBL: Nuclear Scientists (14-18)

#5 showstopper24

showstopper24

SKADOOSH!

• Members
  • 9,470 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:Blind Man's Bluff

Posted 02 July 2008 - 02:06 PM

Bubble struggle (bubble-struggle.com)
W.W.J.B.D-What Would Jack Bauer Do?
_____ That's what she said!

#6 Suited_Up

Suited_Up

Poker Forum God

• Members
  • 25,723 posts
  • Interests:Poker and Sports

Posted 03 July 2008 - 07:09 AM

View PostJadaki, on Wednesday, July 2nd, 2008, 3:27 PM, said:

Slowly working my way through MGS4, there are so many cut scenes that it feels more like watching a movie sometimes so I have to be in a specific mood to sit around and play it.
And you doubted me.But I have a question...If I can get one game, what should it be?I figure COD4, MGS4, GTA4, or other?
-Kurt

#7 Jadaki

Jadaki

IIOY?

• Members
  • 22,247 posts

Posted 03 July 2008 - 07:37 AM

View PostSuited_Up, on Thursday, July 3rd, 2008, 10:09 AM, said:

And you doubted me.But I have a question...If I can get one game, what should it be?I figure COD4, MGS4, GTA4, or other?
Doubted you about what?I've played ever MG game ever released, I know what to expect. Some days I'd rather run around in an open world environment killing hookers indiscriminately, on other days I'd rather sneak around and snipe people, that's when I play MGS.I'd go with GTA4 personally.

#8 SBriand

SBriand

Viva La Beaver!

• Members
  • 15,097 posts

Posted 03 July 2008 - 07:47 AM

View PostSuited_Up, on Thursday, July 3rd, 2008, 11:09 AM, said:

If you have the ability to play online then CoD4 AINEC.
Steve,

It doesn't matter who you start because you have a horse shoe up your ass so far I'm not really sure how you get through the day. You must be gay.

#9 Suited_Up

Suited_Up

Poker Forum God

• Members
  • 25,723 posts

Posted 03 July 2008 - 08:10 AM

View PostJadaki, on Thursday, July 3rd, 2008, 10:37 AM, said:

Doubted you about what?I've played ever MG game ever released, I know what to expect. Some days I'd rather run around in an open world environment killing hookers indiscriminately, on other days I'd rather sneak around and snipe people, that's when I play MGS.I'd go with GTA4 personally.
Doubted was the wrong word. But just saying... that's pretty much what I said in the other thread.

View PostSBriand, on Thursday, July 3rd, 2008, 10:47 AM, said:

If you have the ability to play online then CoD4 AINEC.
I do, and I was thinking along the same lines.Also just saw Rockband 2 is coming this year, I'm excited for that.
-Kurt

#10 Suited_Up

Suited_Up

Poker Forum God

• Members
  • 25,723 posts

Posted 03 July 2008 - 01:29 PM

I got COD4! Weeeeee!
-Kurt

#11 Asimo

Asimo

Poker Forum Groupie

• Members
  • 796 posts

Posted 03 July 2008 - 02:40 PM

View PostSuited_Up, on Thursday, July 3rd, 2008, 2:29 PM, said:

I got COD4! Weeeeee!
For PS3?
Official Ambassador to Gambolia...

#12 Asimo

Asimo

Poker Forum Groupie

• Members
  • 796 posts

Posted 03 July 2008 - 03:26 PM

Has anyone here tried using their PSP as remote play with their PS3?

#13 Suited_Up

Suited_Up

Poker Forum God

• Members
  • 25,723 posts

Posted 03 July 2008 - 03:50 PM

View PostAsimo, on Thursday, July 3rd, 2008, 5:40 PM, said:

For PS3?
Yep yep!Name on there is Suited_Up also. (Pretty sure at least)I only played the first mission so far cause I had to put on the Cubs game, but seems pretty cool so far.
-Kurt

#14 Asimo

Asimo

Poker Forum Groupie

• Members
  • 796 posts

Posted 03 July 2008 - 04:19 PM

View PostSuited_Up, on Thursday, July 3rd, 2008, 4:50 PM, said:

Yep yep!Name on there is Suited_Up also. (Pretty sure at least)I only played the first mission so far cause I had to put on the Cubs game, but seems pretty cool so far.
My PSN is Asimo22.You really gotta play online...

#15 pckt10s

pckt10s

DIRRRRRTY GIIIRRLLL!!!!

• Members
  • 8,922 posts

Posted 03 July 2008 - 04:24 PM

finished the story on GTA IV... haven't played since...thought about getting guitar hero aerosmith... but haven't
The "Bomb Hat" Guy

Just Twitter

#16 bigkg

bigkg

Douchebag

• Members
  • 5,070 posts
  • Interests:IU basketball

Posted 03 July 2008 - 09:12 PM

COD4Rock BandMass Effect (for the 10000th time)

#17 rocketpoker828

rocketpoker828

The Future

• Members
  • 3,941 posts
  • Interests:Poker, Baseball, Football, Basketball, Hockey, Video games, pwning N00bs, my wonderful fiance.
  • Favorite Poker Game:NLHE SNGs, PLO cash games

Posted 03 July 2008 - 10:07 PM

Wii:Tales of Symphonia: Yeah, this is a GC game, but the sequel is coming soon for Wii, so I'm playing through it again.I don't have a PS3 or 360, but soon I hope. Tomorrow my friend is bringing his PS3 so I can own some peeps in COD4.
QUOTE (Brad Childress)
On the Vikings‘ participation in community outreach programs:

Our players probably get way more out of it than the kids that they touch.

#18 wsox8

wsox8

trying to break even at LIFE

• Members
  • 11,499 posts
  • Interests:cheese, apple juice, raisins

Posted 04 July 2008 - 07:36 AM

I don't have a 360 so I've been playing older stuff.N64Conker's Bad Fur DayInternational Superstar Soccer 64XBoxTriple Play (the one w/ Pujols on the cover)I'd like to get a 360 but I was waiting for the price to go down a little more.

#19 lvpro

lvpro

GMZ

• Members
  • 10,887 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:Pot Limit HOBO (Holdem, Omaha Hi, Badugi, Omaha/8)

Posted 04 July 2008 - 08:29 AM

Mostly been playing MLB 2k8 and Tiger Woods 08 lately. Trying to force myself back into finishing Bioshock, GTA4, and Crackdown, but I just haven't felt like playing non-sports games.

#20 SBriand

SBriand

Viva La Beaver!

• Members
  • 15,097 posts

Posted 04 July 2008 - 02:15 PM

MLB 2K876-58 w/the TigersLost OdysseyAbout 7.5 hours in. Wish I had more time as I am really enjoying this game.
Steve,

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users