#5461 digitalmonkey

digitalmonkey

Unenjoyable Annoying Retard

• Members
  • 38,667 posts
  • Interests:sports, music, movies, photography
  • Favorite Poker Game:Hi/Lo Chicago

Posted 17 June 2018 - 08:48 AM

Zadina dropping out of top 5 on a lot of lists. Likely due to his poor showing at combine. I think he'll be a sniper.

I predict Habs will pick Kotkaniemi at #3.
Please use the comments to demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Be sure to create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor implied. If you could repeat previously discredited memes or steer the conversation into irrelevant, off topic discussions, it would be appreciated. Lastly, kindly forgo all civility in your discourse . . . you are, after all, anonymous.

#5462 digitalmonkey

digitalmonkey

• Members
  • 38,667 posts

Posted 21 June 2018 - 10:34 AM

I would trade Max Pacioretty for Jake Muzzin. I really would.
Please use the comments to demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Be sure to create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor implied. If you could repeat previously discredited memes or steer the conversation into irrelevant, off topic discussions, it would be appreciated. Lastly, kindly forgo all civility in your discourse . . . you are, after all, anonymous.

#5463 digitalmonkey

digitalmonkey

• Members
  • 38,667 posts

Posted 23 June 2018 - 02:25 PM

I think Kotkaniemi can be a more offensively skilled version of Saku Koivu. Hoping he improves his skating and reaches his ceiling.

#5464 serge

serge

Leafs nation Grand Poobah

• Members
  • 49,725 posts

Posted 23 June 2018 - 07:00 PM

View Postdigitalmonkey, on 23 June 2018 - 02:25 PM, said:

I think Kotkaniemi can be a more offensively skilled version of Saku Koivu. Hoping he improves his skating and reaches his ceiling.

One of the pre draft rankings I think TSN or CSA had Kotkaniemibat 18 and Rasmus Sandin at 17. I like it
Owner of the Mustangs, 2014-2015 AHL Eastern Division Champs

Lets make America Great Again. Trump 2016

#5465 digitalmonkey

digitalmonkey

• Members
  • 38,667 posts

Posted 24 June 2018 - 02:43 AM

View Postserge, on 23 June 2018 - 07:00 PM, said:

One of...

#5466 MapleLeafpoker

MapleLeafpoker

Poker Forum God

• Members
  • 18,514 posts
  • Interests:Poker, Hockey, Hockey pools

Posted 24 June 2018 - 06:43 AM

pretty sure that was The Hockey News.

every year my longest running pool friends all go to a buddys house for the NHL draft and our pools draft lottery. lots of food, booze, poker. great time.

anyway, right after the picks, i recall one of the Leaf fans saying exactly that to one of the Habs fans, and he had a Hockey News I think.

#5467 digitalmonkey

digitalmonkey

• Members
  • 38,667 posts

Posted 24 June 2018 - 07:23 AM

Not surprising it was The Hockey News.

#5468 serge

serge

• Members
  • 49,725 posts

Posted 24 June 2018 - 07:55 AM

It was definitely the Hockey News. They came out a month before draft. The other rankings adjusted their picks after speculation came out that Habs would take him.

This years draft was extremely interesting as some teams drafted for need and then teams like Red Wings and Islanders had players ranked much higher fall to them.

As a Habs non fan I hope it doesn’t work out.

#5469 MapleLeafpoker

MapleLeafpoker

Poker Forum God

• Members
  • 18,514 posts

Posted 24 June 2018 - 08:10 AM

View Postdigitalmonkey, on 24 June 2018 - 07:23 AM, said:

Not surprising it was The Hockey News.

I find them to be really off most years.
I have probably every draft preview mag of the last 20+ years. Around this time of year, or just before we draft in Sept, I might look thru some of the older ones, and am amazed how far off they were. Even top guys.

Not saying they were wrong on this one, just...they seem to miss more than some of other sources.

#5470 digitalmonkey

digitalmonkey

• Members
  • 38,667 posts

Posted 30 June 2018 - 07:50 AM

Ok Bergevin, now flip Mason for more assets.

#5471 FCP Bob

FCP Bob

Limit Holdem Dinosaur

• Root Admin
  • 27,598 posts

Posted 30 June 2018 - 08:02 AM

View Postdigitalmonkey, on 30 June 2018 - 07:50 AM, said:

Ok Bergevin, now flip Mason for more assets.

he has negative value though
Bob

info@fullcontactpoker.com

#5472 digitalmonkey

digitalmonkey

• Members
  • 38,667 posts

Posted 30 June 2018 - 08:05 AM

View PostFCP Bob, on 30 June 2018 - 08:02 AM, said:

he has negative value though

Depends...they'd obviously have to retain salary.

Moot now though, they placed him on waivers and will buy him out. Cap hit of $1.36 M for 2 years.

#5473 serge

serge

• Members
  • 49,725 posts

Posted 30 June 2018 - 01:33 PM

What am I supposed to do with my Steve Mason Habs Jersey I just bought? I guess has to sit next to my Hoffman Sharks Jersey.

#5474 digitalmonkey

digitalmonkey

• Members
  • 38,667 posts

Posted 05 July 2018 - 07:45 AM

Weber out 5 to 6 months.
And some people still think it was a good trade for Montreal lol

#5475 Dubey

Dubey

Poker Forum God

• Members
  • 11,338 posts

Posted 05 July 2018 - 08:58 AM

Well, you might get 2 lottery picks out of the deal. If they can somehow move Weber in the next 2 years, it could work out ok long term. on its own merits, it was a disaster at the time and looks even worse now.

#5476 MapleLeafpoker

MapleLeafpoker

Poker Forum God

• Members
  • 18,514 posts

Posted 05 July 2018 - 10:04 AM

View Postdigitalmonkey, on 05 July 2018 - 07:45 AM, said:

Weber out 5 to 6 months.
And some people still think it was a good trade for Montreal lol

I think things are better in the dressing room Dale.

#5477 digitalmonkey

digitalmonkey

• Members
  • 38,667 posts

Posted 05 July 2018 - 10:15 AM

View PostMapleLeafpoker, on 05 July 2018 - 10:04 AM, said:

I think things are better in the dressing room Dale.

Definitely on Mondays. I hear some people hate Mondays.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users