The Cliven Bundy Standoff
Posted 12 April 2014 - 02:45 AM
Militias from all over the country are going there.
One thing that's always made me legit LOL at 'gun culture' is how they're mostly a bunch of pathetic Walter Mitty's who talk a huge game about being the 'teeth of liberty and waving around flags of chopped up snakes but ultimately, its just childish fantasism. As long as they're allowed to keep their 2nd Amendment, all the other rights the 2nd Amendment was actually written to protect can be eroded away, they'll be content as a pig in shit in their suburban homes stocked with MREs and 5XL cammies.
This one, I dunno... It seems like it may be different, or, it may wind up as just another field trip with AR's and big talk but ultimately, nobody willing to pay that price.
Posted 12 April 2014 - 06:23 AM
Posted 12 April 2014 - 09:04 AM
- the Bundys have awesome names. Particularly Cliven.
- the Bundys badly need a spokes man. They are basically incoherent.
- For those unfamiliar, the Bundys don't actually own the property they are grazing their cattle on. While I don't give a shit about tortoises, and have no idea how reasonable or necessary those conservation efforts are, again, this is state land, which has been protected for two decades, and the Bundys simply refuse to stop illegally using public land for private gain. Even if this conservation effort is completely pointless or poorly thought out, this standoff has absolutely nothing to do with big gov't stepping on people's toes. It's about some ranchers who want to uses property and resources are don't belong to them in order to make money, and who I believe owe millions in unpaid grazing fees.
- As heartless as I am, there are animals I love. If these people were endangering herding dogs, kittens or orcas or something, I'd be on about what selfish, entitled, delusional nuts and criminals they are. But I can't emphasize enough how much I don't care about tortoises. As such, I'm rooting for more federals to die in this shoutout than Bundys.
- During an interview with the Bundys, Sean Hannity listed the real problems the federal government should be focuses on. Listed among them were "pedophiles." I have literally no idea what specifically it is Sean Hannity thinks we should be doing about them, but sniffing out every person who is sexually aroused by people under the age of 15-18 (depending on the state) seems like a bigger undertaking than stopping some one from grazing his cows on protected land. It's like getting arrested for lifting a wallet, and thinking you should walk because the cop should have been looking for Soviet spies.
Posted 12 April 2014 - 10:17 AM
Feds end roundup of Nevada rancher's illegally grazing cattle, cite safety
Posted 12 April 2014 - 10:32 AM
Posted 12 April 2014 - 06:25 PM
Feds end roundup of Nevada rancher's illegally grazing cattle, cite safety
Jano Reno taught the Democrats one bastard of a lesson about hard line authoritarianism.
The thing is, they'll just use the system to destroy his life and unfortunately, the American people have shown a complete apathy towards anything legitimized by a kangaroo court.
Cliven Bundy may as well leave the United States. His life is over.
Posted 12 April 2014 - 06:26 PM
This is exactly what happened.
Posted 12 April 2014 - 06:32 PM
I too have an irrational love for herding dogs.
Had an Australian Shepherd that could identify anything relevant to her life by spoken word. All her toys had names, all you had to do is ask for one in particular and she'd go get it. Dozens and dozens of toys, one word, she'd go get that one. It was ****ing bizarre.
The point here is if nothing else comes of this thing, at least we got the name Cliven out of the deal.
Posted 12 April 2014 - 07:03 PM
The German knows to sit, shake, then lay down, which are commanded by yelling harshly in mock German.
Posted 12 April 2014 - 07:42 PM
On a descending scale of evoloutionary importance, I put them about here.
Posted 12 April 2014 - 07:46 PM
Posted 12 April 2014 - 08:30 PM
"Dust. Wind. Dude."
-Ted Theodore Logan
"I'm a basketball player and a businessman, not a Thundercat,"
Posted 13 April 2014 - 08:10 AM
Posted 19 April 2014 - 12:20 AM
Posted 19 April 2014 - 08:40 AM
The Nevada rancher isn't just resisting the Bureau of Land Management—he's also fighting against his state's unusual constitutional history.
Posted 24 April 2014 - 09:48 AM
Reid Calls For Leaders To Unite In Condemnation Of Cliven Bundy’s Dangerous Extremism
April 24, 2014 | Press Releases
“This is not a game.”
Las Vegas, NV – Nevada Senator Harry Reid released the following statement today on racist comments by Cliven Bundy reported by the New York Times.
“I used to live in North Las Vegas and it is home to some of the hardest-working people I have ever met – men and women who embody the American dream by working hard every day to build a better life for themselves and their families. By contrast, Cliven Bundy has spent decades profiting off government land while refusing to pay the same fair use fees as his fellow ranchers. Today, Bundy revealed himself to be a hateful racist. But by denigrating people who work hard and play by the rules while he mooches off public land he also revealed himself to be a hypocrite.
“To advance his extreme, hateful views, Bundy has endangered the lives of innocent women and children. This is not a game. It is the height of irresponsibility for any individual or entity in a position of power or influence to glorify or romanticize such a dangerous individual, and anyone who has done so should come to their senses and immediately condemn Bundy. For their part, national Republican leaders could help show a united front against this kind of hateful, dangerous extremism by publicly condemning Bundy.
“The bottom line is that elected officials and those in positions of power or influence have a responsibility to unite behind the basic principle that we are a country of laws, and that whatever our differences, it is unacceptable for individuals to use violence or the threat of violence to advance their radical views.”
Posted 24 April 2014 - 08:51 PM
I don't know how many Timothy McVeigh's that would've given birth to- if they'd just gone in with heavy shit and turned the Bundy supporters into burger- but it would've been the worst thing they could've possibly done. There would've probably been meaningful reprisals against government (whatever's), that's the kind of shit that can get real ugly, quick. This isn't the 1990's. There are a lot of unemployed people, desperate people, people with little to nothing left to lose these days who absolutely hate what our government has become.
The whole 'racist' thing is very interesting. He's either a moron who doesn't realize what he's squandering, or this is some next level COINTELPRO shit whereby armed resistors were sucked in with an anti-government pretext then promptly discredited and stigmatized via a surprise 'racism' blindside from the guy they were there supporting.
Did anyone ever see that episode of the Dick Clark and Ed McMahon prank show where they tricked Deacon Jones into showing up at a restaurant dressed up in a pink tutu?
Posted 25 April 2014 - 07:10 AM
Early 80s, Bubba Smith told Deacon Jones that there was some sort of charity costume party at Restaurant X and that a bunch of the NFL guys were going to be wearing pink tutus and would he come. He agreed.
Showed up at Restaurant X wearing a pink tutu but there was no costume party, just a bunch of people eating and staring at the giant negro in the pink tutu. He immediately realized he'd been trolled to the moon, went over to the phone and called someone and kept saying "...they got me good..."
All I could find is this picture from the reveal.
The governments greatest fear is that the types of people who showed up armed to the Bundy Ranch would gain some sort of sympathy with the public. No doubt whatsoever that discrediting 'that crowd' is a high priority on some dark agenda being planned in a non descript but oddly heavily guarded office in suburban Virginia. "Racist", "pedophile" or "terrorist" are the main Pavlovian cues used to make the monkeys dance on command.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users