Stats the league uses: R HR RBI SB BB AVG -W SV BB K ERA WhipRoster spots:C1B2BSS3BOFOFOFUTILUTILSPSPRPRPPPPRoster:Yadier Molina (Stl - C)Aubrey Huff (Bal - 1B, 3B)Brandon Phillips (Cin - 2B) Kelly Johnson (Atl - 2B)Edwin Encarnacion (Cin - 3B)Rafael Furcal (LAD - SS) Derek Jeter (NYY - SS)Ryan Braun (Mil - OF)Torii hunter (LAA - OF)Brandon Inge (Det - C, 3B, OF)B.J. Upton (TB – OF)Ichiro Suzuki (Sea – OF)Pitching:Justin Verlander (Det – SP)Mark Buehrle (CWS – SP)Brett Myers (Phi – SP)Kevin Slowey (Min – SP)Ervin Santana (LAA – SP)George Sherill (Bal – RP)Troy Percival (TB – RP)Joe Nathan (Min – RP)Oliver Perez (NYM – SP)Kyle Lohse (StL – SP)Jeremy Guthrie (Bal – SP)The trade:I receive:Edison Volquez (Cin – SP)CC Sabathia (NYY – SP)I give up:Ryan Braun (Mil – OF)George Sherrill (Bal – RP)

The bottom line is, I am running out of room in the OF.... and with both RF and jeter on teh team, one has to play in a Util spot, and with BP and KJ both playing well at 2B I want to keep them both in the game..... any thoughts?

Stats the league uses: R HR RBI SB BB AVG -W SV BB K ERA WhipRoster spots:C1B2BSS3BOFOFOFUTILUTILSPSPRPRPPPPRoster:Yadier Molina (Stl - C)Aubrey Huff (Bal - 1B, 3B)Brandon Phillips (Cin - 2B) Kelly Johnson (Atl - 2B)Edwin Encarnacion (Cin - 3B)Rafael Furcal (LAD - SS) Derek Jeter (NYY - SS)Ryan Braun (Mil - OF)Torii hunter (LAA - OF)Brandon Inge (Det - C, 3B, OF)B.J. Upton (TB – OF)Ichiro Suzuki (Sea – OF)Pitching:Justin Verlander (Det – SP)Mark Buehrle (CWS – SP)Brett Myers (Phi – SP)Kevin Slowey (Min – SP)Ervin Santana (LAA – SP)George Sherill (Bal – RP)Troy Percival (TB – RP)Joe Nathan (Min – RP)Oliver Perez (NYM – SP)Kyle Lohse (StL – SP)Jeremy Guthrie (Bal – SP)The trade:I receive:Edison Volquez (Cin – SP)CC Sabathia (NYY – SP)I give up:Ryan Braun (Mil – OF)George Sherrill (Bal – RP)
I would not do this trade based on how your league is setup. Your Relief pitching is a bit thin to begin with, with only Nathan and Sherril locked in as closers (you cannot rely on percival). Your starting pitching is strong and deep with 8 guys, I am not completely sold on Edison Volquez as he may suffer a case of the sophmore jinx this season. So in reality you aqre giving up Ryan Braun for CC Sabathia, Braun is by far your best power hitter and you will give up 35+ HR's and over 100 RBI's by dealing him. At the same time there is no one on your bench to replace his numbers.