New Rule For 2008 Wsop?

I intend to play my first ever WSOP event this year and so I was looking through their official website when I found the rules section. I'm not sure if this is a new rule or just one that was never enforced but I came across rule #36 and was surprised:"Excessive celebration through extended theatrics, inappropriate behavior, or physical actions, gestures, or conduct may be subject to penalty. Any player that engages a member of the tournament staff during the celebration or utilizes any property of Harrah’s will be penalized in accordance with Rules No. 31 and/or 51. Harrah’s property includes but is not limited to chairs, tournament tables, and stanchions."I personally think this is a great rule, note the word excessive, theres nothing wrong with some celebration upon winning a hand but there does have to be some sort of line. Random people just screaming their lungs out to get on TV is not what poker needs. I just hope that this rule is enforced.

theres nothing wrong with some celebration upon winning a hand
if "some celebration" means anything more than a whispered "yes," or even a small fist pump then there is something wrong with some celebration upon winning a hand.

You missed the fine print at the bottom of the page mentioning no laser-pointing plastic sharks, smelly Englishmen, or acts that could be found in Monkey World at the zoo are allowed. Just sayin'.....

Actually there is also a rule that says that players can only have ONE card protector ( sorry Cindy Violette but you'll have to raid the quarry another time) and also that the card protector can only be 2 inches wide and 1/2 an inch tall. So pretty much no bigger than a chip. So that means gooooood bye to de Chaaaaark.

This is bad news... the floodgates for bitter losers have opened. *screams yes and fist pumps after winning all in.. *losing player calls for floor.but Humebertos celebrations are just retarded.

"Excessive celebration through extended theatrics, inappropriate behavior, or physical actions, gestures, or conduct may be subject to penalty. Any player that engages a member of the tournament staff during the celebration or utilizes any property of Harrah’s will be penalized in accordance with Rules No. 31 and/or 51. Harrah’s property includes but is not limited to chairs, tournament tables, and stanchions."
Also known as the "seat cover" rule.
I intend to play my first ever WSOP event this year and so I was looking through their official website when I found the rules section. I'm not sure if this is a new rule or just one that was never enforced but I came across rule #36 and was surprised:"Excessive celebration through extended theatrics, inappropriate behavior, or physical actions, gestures, or conduct may be subject to penalty. Any player that engages a member of the tournament staff during the celebration or utilizes any property of Harrah’s will be penalized in accordance with Rules No. 31 and/or 51. Harrah’s property includes but is not limited to chairs, tournament tables, and stanchions."I personally think this is a great rule, note the word excessive, theres nothing wrong with some celebration upon winning a hand but there does have to be some sort of line. Random people just screaming their lungs out to get on TV is not what poker needs. I just hope that this rule is enforced.
This is wrong. Why do people think this? Poker got popular (and keeps bringing in donks) because of the Hevad Khan's, Humberto's, and Hellmuth's of the world. Annoying? Absolutely. Bad for poker? Not even close.

It's probably a good rule as long as they don't get anal about it. I'm more of a free speech kind of person though. Plus if you win the ME you should be able to celebrate all you want. By the way, from what I've seen, this rule will not do anything about Humberto and his shark since a great deal of his schitck is done before the hand ends (annoys his opponents into making a mistake with his "the shark is huuuuuuuuuungry line etc)

Bad rule. This plus the F word rule are ridiculous. When playing for millions, you should be able to do/say whatever you want as long as you aren't physically harming someone. Think people should have thick skin esp playing poker. I'm not a person who's gonna use the F word at someone or excessively celebrate but it doesn't mean people shouldn't be able to say what they wanna say.

Bad rule. This plus the F word rule are ridiculous. When playing for millions, you should be able to do/say whatever you want as long as you aren't physically harming someone. Think people should have thick skin esp playing poker. I'm not a person who's gonna use the F word at someone or excessively celebrate but it doesn't mean people shouldn't be able to say what they wanna say.
QFT+1

If they add enough rules, then you won't be able to do or say anything other than call/fold/raise. Then you won't be able to look at your oppenant. Then you might as well just play on line.To many rules will make the game unfun and robot like. Do I like a guy jumping out of his seat and screaming like he just won the lottery? NO, but a simple "Tone it Down" from the floor should be sufficient.

a simple "Tone it Down" from the floor should be sufficient.
Rules like this are put in place so that they can hire incompetent floor people and have them do their job without thinking.
This is wrong. Why do people think this? Poker got popular (and keeps bringing in donks) because of the Hevad Khan's, Humberto's, and Hellmuth's of the world. Annoying? Absolutely. Bad for poker? Not even close.
Dear God... call the media. I agree with you.
They should have a rule that if some donkey calls your all in with a gut shot and hits it, you should be allowed to cry.
You're already allowed to cry. The rule should be that your allowed to kick him in the nuts. Or at least demand that he use lube next time.

If I am playing and some ass clown does this, you will see the first WSOP casualty. 1 thrust to the throat & I will giggle as they drown in their own blood.