us poker championship dn

You could've PMd or emailed him, but this was the best way to rub it in our noses, you assclown!!LOL, jk, major, good luck in that and keep us updated.
lol, I actually did think about that, but sometimes these guys don't answer their pm's and I know he posts on here so I thought he might see it sooner, and or the mods might know the answer.But yeah I am proud of the fact that a working stiff like me has a shot, a long shot yes, but a shot nonetheless to win some potentially life changing money.
Congratulations major! That is pretty fucking cool. I am extremely jealous. Do you have a blog so we can stay updated, or will you post updates on here?[/i]
I don't have one yet, I really have not felt that I necessarily had enough stuff of interest to write one yet, and or I am too busy/lazy.Actually I really probably have plenty of fun stuff to write about, non poker related, I am in the video game industry and have many, many stories about that, but I may write one at some point.In the meantime this is my poker home and other then a few random posts I make on 2+2 this is my nice disfunctional poker family so I will make updates here when I can.If I am fortunate enough to do well before or after the event I may make a trip up to Foxwoods to try and satellite in to the WPT event.I realize I am getting waaaay ahead of myself, but hey you gotta think positive. When I get the energy I will post about my satellite win, because there actually is a very interesting article that I am considering writing to submit to Gutshot.com or someplace else, about learning to be a humble player.There was a guy I played with who was a real arrogant jerk, worse, Krup belive it or not than I have ever been online, even when I have been at my most obnoxious worst.It really got me to thinking about it, and how there really is no percentage in being a complete jerk. Suffice it to say that he was such a jerk that I wanted to take him out, and it became personal, and when it was all said and done I came in first and he came in second.When he first arrived at my table I was struggling and had about $1200 in chips, everyone else at the table had $4-6k and this guy had like $15-20k.So enough for now but thanks for the kind words, and yes I will post the unvarnised truth regardless of how well I do or don't do.
Yeah, that's awesome major. And if you're lucky you might be the guy to bust DN on day one....(come on, someone had to say it.... :club: )
If I am fortunate enough to play well and go deep, I would rather make it to the FT with him and then bust him when it actually means something!Again just thinking positive here!

do you need someone to massage your balls during the breaks? I've checked my schedule and I'm free. I can rustle up Royal, you fly us up there, and you'll get the Royal Treatment. Just a thought.P.S. I'll need some bankroll as well. Royal can bring his Sea Doo.

do you need someone to massage your balls during the breaks? I've checked my schedule and I'm free. I can rustle up Royal, you fly us up there, and you'll get the Royal Treatment. Just a thought.P.S. I'll need some bankroll as well. Royal can bring his Sea Doo.
Wow what a nice offer! Well I think I can find a lovely lady to massage my balls, and hey as far as bankroll goes, Ron didn't you say you work in a bank?I was kind of counting on you to bring a bankroll for me, for the ring games!Royal can come too but he has to bring Elisha to massage my balls.

I'll be there but DN will not be there... (or at least he wasn't). I was a bit surprised considering it is a big event, on ESPN (they have a five year deal to televise the US Poker Championship) and DN has had good success there (he was the 1999 Champion when it was a $7.5K event).I assume it is because Trump has let the Taj descend into a dump.Good luck in a four day tourney. And if you see me around please say hello.-Larry

I'll be there but DN will not be there... (or at least he wasn't). I was a bit surprised considering it is a big event, on ESPN (they have a five year deal to televise the US Poker Championship) and DN has had good success there (he was the 1999 Champion when it was a $7.5K event).I assume it is because Trump has let the Taj descend into a dump.Good luck in a four day tourney. And if you see me around please say hello.-Larry
I guess I am not too surprised he won't be there, I think this event even though it is on ESPN and I guess being a $10k is a major event, compared to the WSOP and WPT is kind of like the bastard step child of major events.Regardless is willl be cool to play it but very grueling if I am fortunate enough to last. I was exhausted yesterday playing for 5 hours straight.I really need to make sure I sleep this time and am well rested. The longest live tourney I have played was at the Bike which I won and it only had like 166 people and it still lasted 7 hours!Does anyone, Daniel or others that have signifcant live tourney experience have any advice on how to go for so long in a tourney?Larry we should try and get together and say hello.
Represent FCP well. Wear a shirt and give us a shout out if they do a player profile of you.
I actually have a very cool plan to have a very special t-shirt created if I am lucky enought to make the tv table that will only have meaning to regulars here on the FCP forum.Unless Daniel wants to work out a deal with me to go in full FCP regalia!!!

Larry,Is your avatar you? Were you there yesterday at the Taj?Yeah I agree the place is a dump though!They did break out new shiny tournament chips though for the event yesterday!I didn't need gloves or anything. The people there are pigs though. The guy sitting to my left for several hours had lifted one of his legs, and it touched the underside of the table and came away with a big glob of chewing gum on his pants!He had to have them bring some of that gunk off stuff, and he said he has had it happen to him before. Nice huh?

Well don't I feel foolish.Larry I just went to the gutshot poker site and saw your article. I had not heard of you before.Well hope to see you there, I guess in a little over a week or so. I just have to see if I can get a room preferably at the Taj, but if not elsewhere.I couldn't get a room Friday night so I went to some dump near the Boardwalk.