Early In $10 Sng

This is the 5th hand. No reads. nica is at seat 0 with 1715. redhorn_1999 is at seat 1 with 1580. BrB7919 is at seat 2 with 1435. tomvball is at seat 3 with 1490. BishBashBosh is at seat 4 with 1470. l000gie is at seat 5 with 1480. gndaduck is at seat 6 with 1400. RobR74 is at seat 7 with 1430. khoward05 is at seat 8 with 1500. antigonish is at seat 9 with 1500. The button is at seat 4. l000gie posts the small blind of 10. gndaduck posts the big blind of 20. nica: -- -- redhorn_1999: -- -- BrB7919: -- -- tomvball: -- -- BishBashBosh: -- -- l000gie: Jc Js gndaduck: -- -- RobR74: -- -- khoward05: -- -- antigonish: -- --Pre-flop: RobR74 folds. khoward05 folds. antigonish calls. nica folds. redhorn_1999 folds. BrB7919 calls. tomvball raises to 110. BishBashBosh folds. l000gie calls. gndaduck folds. antigonish folds. BrB7919 folds. Flop (board: 4h Kc 7d): l000gie bets 150. tomvball calls. Thoughts up to this point? Would you have reraised preflop in the small blind? Should the stop and go be a bigger bet? Should I not stop and go with a King on the board? Continue firing on the turn?

With the two limpers I would reraise preflop. They are getting great odds and its hard to believe they both folded. As it turned out you are better off because you got it heads up with a smaller pot.I would lead a bit more on flop..maybe 3/4 pot instead of half. The K isnt that scary by itself. One of the limpers may very well have killed one of those. I would put villain on a lower pair but AQ and AK are possibilities. If the larger bet scares him away, sobeit. The more cards that hit the board the tougher it is going to be to play the hand, and Id rather value bet now than later.

I would have checked the flop to see what he does. Leading may have won it right there, but it also may look weird to a preflop aggressor. Tough spot, especially out of position against a raiser. I hate TT and JJ for this reason. In fact, PT says I lose more money with JJ (and AQ) than any other hands. So maybe my advice here isn't what you're after.If stacks were deeper I might checkraise the flop to see how serious he is (probably why I lose money with JJ). But you're often ahead here. Since you bet the flop I would go ahead and lead any safe turn. His call doesn't mean he has a king--he may be sitting there with a pair you can beat like 88-TT. If he had AK he would have reraised the flop, so he's probably not in love with his hand, either. Unless he flopped a set and is slowplaying.If you bet and get called again on the turn, you should definitely slow down. You may even concede and check the turn hoping for a cheap showdown. I have seen people call down with 55 in similar situations in $10 SNGs (the old "can't fold a pocket pair" sydrome). Or "slowplay" vulnerable hands like K10-KQ. Because of that it's probably best to keep the pot small.

With the two limpers I would reraise preflop. They are getting great odds and its hard to believe they both folded. As it turned out you are better off because you got it heads up with a smaller pot.I would lead a bit more on flop..maybe 3/4 pot instead of half. The K isnt that scary by itself. One of the limpers may very well have killed one of those. I would put villain on a lower pair but AQ and AK are possibilities. If the larger bet scares him away, sobeit. The more cards that hit the board the tougher it is going to be to play the hand, and Id rather value bet now than later.
I have to say I agree. I mean, betting around half the pot makes it really tempting for them to simply call you, leaving it hard for you to have any idea where you are. My initial reaction was "hmm, this could cause hands like 10-10 or 9-9 or even A-K to smooth call." Then I see that Copernius already wrote it. :club: I just can't win...Lol, at least it's nice to see that I'm thinking like the resident advice-giver :D .

Ok, so if there's limpers before that guy raised preflop then reraise.On the flop, I should have bet out more. As it was, I fired 2/3 on the turn to give the appearance of AK, but he called that, too. I had to check/fold the river thinking he had the King.

Unless the turn card fit into the board somehow (making a possible straight or flush draw, pairing the board, etc. - something that looks scary to your opponent), I don't think you should fire another volley on the turn. Seems like spewing to me at that point.Jacks are very tough to play, especially with bad position. I probably would have re-raised pre-flop, but since you didnt, I would have led out a little higher on the flop, check/fold the turn UI. Look at decisions, not results. :club:

Yeah, this is a perfect example of why you want to reraise preflop. You aren't thrilled to be playing this hand oop. I'd pop it back a little more than the size of the pot.The way you played it, I'd lead out for a bit more on the flop. It would take either a very strong or very bad player to continue with you if they missed on the flop.

I understand reraising preflop if there are other limpers, but would you want to reraise in the small blind with JJ here if it's just the one guy raising? I would be worried that he'd push with AK or AQ. I don't want a coinflip situation this early in a sng.

I understand reraising preflop if there are other limpers, but would you want to reraise in the small blind with JJ here if it's just the one guy raising? I would be worried that he'd push with AK or AQ. I don't want a coinflip situation this early in a sng.
If you pop him back for 300 or so and he comes over the top, you can make your decision then. You'll still have ~1200 chips to work with, so it's not like you're anywhere close to being crippled if you decide to fold.
I agree. If we are already HU then I dont want to reopen the betting. Take a look at the flop hoping for a J and/or no more than 1 overcard, or be prepared to fold to aggression.