• Please log in to reply
264098 replies to this topic

#263321 SuitedAces21

SuitedAces21

once and future king

• Members
  • 25,158 posts

Posted 19 February 2018 - 08:30 AM

it is beyond comprehension to me that companies will do that. i mean asking you to train someone on software you designed is ridiculous. you have to wonder if they are malevolent or incompetent because obviously you can do the job and obviously they didn't care. but i guess at least you knew exactly what the game was.

View PostRon_Mexico, on 23 April 2014 - 04:48 PM, said:

Now that i've had a few drinks, I'm ready to admilt that the reason I dont post more is suited.

I hate every fiber of his being. He's awful and everything he writes is wrong, coupled with being annoying. Its uncanny how awful he is. If he was around when this thread was thriving, he would have killed it. Thankfully, he wasnt.

Maybe in the real world, he's not so awful (evidence says otherwise) but here, he makes me want to fight. Nobody makes me want to fight. Its beyond weird. I almost feel bad, but I dont

#263322 InternetExplorer

InternetExplorer

password1

• Members
  • 7,364 posts

Posted 19 February 2018 - 09:07 AM

The department was partitioned between two leaders with equal clout, and they had an alternating system of choosing promotions. So I heard, anyway.

Based on having done that kind of work for two successive groups, I was immediately given the promotion in another area. I am sure everyone knew that would happen as soon as I met the HR requirements to switch jobs (ďfree agencyĒ per se).

Iím glad it worked out the way it did, because Iíd almost certainly be worse off right now if I had stayed in the accounting track with my resume.
QUOTE (Spademan @ Thursday, April 5th, 2012, 2:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The only way to speak "loudly" on the internet is to TYPE IN CAPS. AND I RARELY TYPE IN CAPS.

#263323 Napa Lite

Napa Lite

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 7,922 posts

Posted 19 February 2018 - 05:15 PM

Iíd be willing to pay someone at least a twenty dollar bill to come over and give my dog a bath tonight. He doesnít even mind it. It just takes forever since heís so big.

#263324 InternetExplorer

InternetExplorer

password1

• Members
  • 7,364 posts

Posted 20 February 2018 - 10:55 AM

I was asked to do this disaster of an RFP a few weeks ago, and last week I set up a meeting with all the involved parties to go over our game plan for the next one.

Typically it would not have been my job to do this RFP, but our timeline was brutal. We have a person who would generally be responsible, but she did not have availability or something. Of course, this didnít stop her from being hostile and territorial, trying to undermine and call into question my judgement.

Anyway, I invited like six people to our lessons learned meeting, and it got expanded to 10 by request. Two people actually showed up, and the person who desperately wants ownership of all RFPs said she would be ďa few minutes late.Ē We chatted for about 25 minutes and gave up.

Afterwards, someone asks if Iím going to set up another meeting, and I just laughed at them. Good lord, I feel bad for anyone relying on that team to produce an RFP.
The only way to speak "loudly" on the internet is to TYPE IN CAPS. AND I RARELY TYPE IN CAPS.

#263325 Napa Lite

Napa Lite

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 7,922 posts

Posted 20 February 2018 - 11:22 AM

My boss informed me today, after I told him I suspected such, that they will be giving bonuses to everybody at next weeks ďholidayĒ party but he didnít give me the exact dollar amount but he said to not get my hopes up. I said I suspected they might announce a $1k bonus similar to other companies and heís like well, I can tell you that everybody will be getting the same amount but that ďit might cover one of the Apple earpodsĒ id been talking about maybe getting. So Iím expecting around $200-500. Which, I donít want to sound ungrateful but when we had a record year and exceeded NI budget by millions id almost prefer they didnít give us anything. Like, Iím sure the part time tellers making $12/hr will appreciate it more than I will but, yeah. Better than nothing, I guess.

#263326 InternetExplorer

InternetExplorer

password1

• Members
  • 7,364 posts

Posted 20 February 2018 - 11:27 AM

This world is so ridiculously winner-take-all.

#263327 Napa Lite

Napa Lite

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 7,922 posts

Posted 20 February 2018 - 11:45 AM

I canít tell if youíre sympathizing or mocking me.

The best part, imo, that I failed to mention was VPís who already got 2-4x salary bonuses (because we had such a good year) also will be receiving these bonuses.

#263328 Theraflu

Theraflu

I like beer.

• Members
  • 7,177 posts
  • Interests:Addictions

Posted 20 February 2018 - 01:24 PM

He was not mocking you.
I'd lend a hand, but it's stuck in the fist and gun position.

#263329 SuitedAces21

SuitedAces21

once and future king

• Members
  • 25,158 posts

Posted 20 February 2018 - 01:52 PM

a $500 bonus for a CPA is a joke. is that in addition to some other bonus, or is that it? If that's it, we need a new company.

View PostRon_Mexico, on 23 April 2014 - 04:48 PM, said:

Now that i've had a few drinks, I'm ready to admilt that the reason I dont post more is suited.

I hate every fiber of his being. He's awful and everything he writes is wrong, coupled with being annoying. Its uncanny how awful he is. If he was around when this thread was thriving, he would have killed it. Thankfully, he wasnt.

Maybe in the real world, he's not so awful (evidence says otherwise) but here, he makes me want to fight. Nobody makes me want to fight. Its beyond weird. I almost feel bad, but I dont

#263330 Napa Lite

Napa Lite

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 7,922 posts

Posted 20 February 2018 - 02:06 PM

That is all the bonus I will be getting. My position is not bonus eligible. I would not be opposed to a new job as Iím less than thrilled about being party to the inherent predatory nature of retail banking sales but job hunting sucks and I donít believe in myself enough to think I could actually get a better job anyways.

#263331 Essay21

Essay21

forum legend

• Members
  • 9,699 posts

Posted 20 February 2018 - 02:10 PM

Bro youíre worth it and you can find something better. I believe in you.

#263332 InternetExplorer

InternetExplorer

password1

• Members
  • 7,364 posts

Posted 20 February 2018 - 02:23 PM

This webinar has some phenomenal guidance for career maintenance. It is tailored to project management but generally applies to any industry it seems.

https://www.projectm...M-Practitioners

I am trying not to jump to the conclusion that you should bail. It sounds like not a terrible place to spend the next 1-2 years, until the next step. Thatís kinda where Iím at, just trying to keep myself feeling OK about my situation.

My bonus is complete garbage compared to what my douche ex boss received for his abysmal 2017. And, he was allowed to buy $100k+ in equity in my firm, which appreciated 25%+ over the last 12 months. This is what I mean when I say this is arbitrary winner-take-all bullshit.

#263333 Napa Lite

Napa Lite

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 7,922 posts

Posted 20 February 2018 - 04:44 PM

Is it worth the $139 to get a premium membership to be able to watch it?

#263334 Napa Lite

Napa Lite

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 7,922 posts

Posted 20 February 2018 - 04:45 PM

I went ice fishing this past weekend. Had a fun time.

#263335 InternetExplorer

InternetExplorer

password1

• Members
  • 7,364 posts

Posted 20 February 2018 - 05:12 PM

No, not worth $139. I didnít realize it wasnít free. If you are gonna take the PMP, you should definitely join the PMI before you register for the exam.

#263336 InternetExplorer

InternetExplorer

password1

• Members
  • 7,364 posts

Posted 20 February 2018 - 05:53 PM

Basically, the guy had some general guidance like, look for things you can take from your boss. Constantly try to learn, donít let yourself think you know all there is to know about what you do. Look to advance in rank at least once every two years, and never stay in the same position for more than 4-5yrs. Build your own personal brand with the quality of your work.

I could have saved myself years of ass kickings if I had seen that webinar immediately after college. There is a bunch of stuff in there about keeping your resume current and not staying with the same company for your whole career, but I still shared the slides with the #2 in my firm. I think we need to just create our own version of that webinar to show all our new aspiring advisors on day one.

#263337 Napa_Don

Napa_Don

I'm Your Huckleberry

• Members
  • 8,415 posts

Posted 20 February 2018 - 06:47 PM

Well, i guess I'm doing most of those things already

#263338 InternetExplorer

InternetExplorer

password1

• Members
  • 7,364 posts

Posted 21 February 2018 - 01:17 PM

https://imgur.com/a/NkRrM

Some of the good slides.

#263339 Essay21

Essay21

forum legend

• Members
  • 9,699 posts

Posted 21 February 2018 - 01:43 PM

The never stay in a position more than 5 years has me curious. Is that role type specific? I mean I donít see how that applies to my world. Once I get where I wanna be I wanna be there until they say I retire.

#263340 InternetExplorer

InternetExplorer

password1

• Members
  • 7,364 posts

Posted 21 February 2018 - 02:40 PM

Thereís always a bigger and more complex project management office somewhere else, and itís easy to outpace your orgís growth. For our industry, I really donít think itís applicable.

7 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 7 guests, 0 anonymous users