• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Baron Davis stays healthy which he's never done, he can have a great contract year. The top of the West is very competitive but I see the bottom as wide open. Warriors are as good as anybody in that second tier of the west.

• 1 month later...

The president of the Warriors (i forget his name) came in and spoke in one of my business classes before Thanksgiving. It was real interesting about how he got the job, and all the different tactics the Warriors use to gain revenue. He was also real honest when saying how horrible the Warriors have been until last year and how they are really committed to their young talent and always trying to improve the team. He kept making jokes about how Stephen Jackson shot a gun at a strip club which was funny as hell. He was also honest about the Jason Richardson departure and how they loved Jason but its a business, and they couldnt afford to keep him along with all their young players who they had to give contracts. He also got the whole class (about 60 people) free tickets on Dec. 11th. He wont have to get all 60 because people in the class live all over the place and won't be able to make it during winter break, but it was still a nice gesture and im definitely going.

The president of the Warriors (i forget his name) came in and spoke in one of my business classes before Thanksgiving. It was real interesting about how he got the job, and all the different tactics the Warriors use to gain revenue. He was also real honest when saying how horrible the Warriors have been until last year and how they are really committed to their young talent and always trying to improve the team. He kept making jokes about how Stephen Jackson shot a gun at a strip club which was funny as hell. He was also honest about the Jason Richardson departure and how they loved Jason but its a business, and they couldnt afford to keep him along with all their young players who they had to give contracts. He also got the whole class (about 60 people) free tickets on Dec. 11th. He wont have to get all 60 because people in the class live all over the place and won't be able to make it during winter break, but it was still a nice gesture and im definitely going.
QFTThe Warriors executive team have always been top notch.
  • 4 weeks later...

meh they lost 124-120, fun game though no defense lol.The Warriors actually guarded Melo and some other guys well, they were just shooting lights out.Iverson put on a show, not one guy could guard him. If he played the whole game he would have gotten to 50 easily, I think he ended up with 39.The Warriors were depending on other guys to score late in the game when the ball should have gone to Baron or Stephen Jackson every single play. Harrington was pissing me off, he was ice cold, but kept on shooting. If it wasn't for him they would have probably pulled it out. Monta Ellis was the same way, the guy is really streaky, one game he looks like an all-star, next game he looks like a chump.

• 4 weeks later...
I'm a Warriors fan. They'll pretty much be in the same spot as last year (7-10 range). This is the Warrior way: Not good enough to compete; Not bad enough to have a good chance at the high draft picks.
wow, almost way off so far, havnt read any other posts yet though....
No J-Rich?*tear*They need a free throw shooter. Just one that's all I'm asking.
Davis, Azubukie, Ellis, Harrington, Barnes....... not the league leading FT shooters but still.....
Every Warriors fan actually. Well, that is the basket we put our bread into. If Baron goes down it is all over though. Stay healthy, ONE TIME.
No not anymore..... if he goes down (which they have preped for) they have men to back him up, they'll be fine.
I'm a Warriors fan. They'll pretty much be in the same spot as last year (7-10 range). This is the Warrior way: Not good enough to compete; Not bad enough to have a good chance at the high draft picks.
wow, almost way off so far, havnt read any other posts yet though....
It's too bad that the Warriors being in 7th place currently doesn't fit with my prediction. I should've included 7th place in there. Yep. It's too bad I didn't put that one in there so I'm almost way off on this one.
Davis, Azubukie, Ellis, Harrington, Barnes....... not the league leading FT shooters but still.....
Do you realize that what you were quoting me on came from October 7th.I was going off what they did in the playoffs, obviously not what has been going on lately.And Richardson's absence has made a difference. I think they would have won a lot more games with him... especially some of those games that Stephen Jackson missed at the beginning of the year.He would have also allowed for Baron Davis to have more time on the bench. We all know how injury proned he is, they have been lucky he has been healthy. If Davis gets injured playoffs will be out of the question. Not one of the bench players can take his place... although a lot of them have shown they can play great, the majority of them are extremely streaky.It was necessary to get rid of him due to salary reasons though, but him not being there has definitely made an impact.
  • 1 month later...
bump for pwning the magic
Yeah, you can put down the Yao Ming voodoo doll now..In all seriousness, you guys are going to scare the living crap out of whomever has to play you in the playoffs.Here's a question:Who do you want, once you are in?Mavs?Spurs?Hornets?Rockets?Jazz?Lakers?Suns?

I'm a Warriors fan too so I'll give my take. Also, they're only a couple games ahead of Denver so the playoffs are not that definite.Teams the Warriors definitely don't want to face: Spurs, Suns, JazzThe Jazz can just destroy the warriors inside like last year. The Suns showed tonight that they would handle the warriors just fine. The Spurs are just too good.Teams the Warriors would rather not face: Lakers, HornetsThe Lakers are an unknown. These two games they have coming up vs the Warriors that could shed more light on the matchups. Though I'm not totally sure what the Bynum situation is. I'd rather not see them have to play against Kobe, but I'd say better chance than the three I've mentioned already.The Hornets. I haven't seen too many of their games, but I don't think the Warriors want any part of David West (and Chris Paul obviously).Teams the Warriors have a legit shot against.The Mavs have already lost a series against the Warriors. Also, they've got rid of their big guy Diop. The only problem is the 'Dirk doesn't want to lose to Golden State in back to back years' factor.The Rockets are on an awesome run but no Yao! Also, the Warriors have won a playoff series before and T-Mac never has! This would be an interesting series and is probably the matchup the Warriors want the most.

• 2 weeks later...
I'm a Warriors fan too so I'll give my take. Also, they're only a couple games ahead of Denver so the playoffs are not that definite.Teams the Warriors definitely don't want to face: Spurs, Suns, JazzThe Jazz can just destroy the warriors inside like last year. The Suns showed tonight that they would handle the warriors just fine. The Spurs are just too good.Teams the Warriors would rather not face: Lakers, HornetsThe Lakers are an unknown. These two games they have coming up vs the Warriors that could shed more light on the matchups. Though I'm not totally sure what the Bynum situation is. I'd rather not see them have to play against Kobe, but I'd say better chance than the three I've mentioned already.The Hornets. I haven't seen too many of their games, but I don't think the Warriors want any part of David West (and Chris Paul obviously).Teams the Warriors have a legit shot against.The Mavs have already lost a series against the Warriors. Also, they've got rid of their big guy Diop. The only problem is the 'Dirk doesn't want to lose to Golden State in back to back years' factor.The Rockets are on an awesome run but no Yao! Also, the Warriors have won a playoff series before and T-Mac never has! This would be an interesting series and is probably the matchup the Warriors want the most.
Great points. Tonight was a HUGE win. I think if we lost we wouldn't make the playoffs.
  • 2 weeks later...

They are playing bad, Mavericks have a weak schedule, they are going to have to get past the Nuggets. They play the nugs once, and I don't think they can win. I'll hope for the best though.