Could You Be A Winning Player Without Using Poker Software.

Could you win without software?  

75 members have voted

1. 1. Do you use poker software?

• Yes, all the time.
    • No but I am thinking about it.
    • I'm soft where?
  2. 2. Could you win without using poker software?

• Yes, but I am not as consistent.
    • No, I need the extra help.
    • I only use it as a fish finder.
  3. 3. Rate this poll using the modes of transport below.

• Limousine all the way
    • Get to the back of the short bus
    • Health conscious pedestrian

Hello all,I don't use any poker software and that is probably down to my lack of education regarding it.What I would like to know is how many of you swear by it and how many of you could get by without it.Any information would be gladly appreciated.This is also my first attempt at a poll so if I have ballsed it up I apologiseThanksSix

Hello all,I don't use any poker software and that is probably down to my lack of education regarding it.What I would like to know is how many of you swear by it and how many of you could get by without it.Any information would be gladly appreciated.This is also my first attempt at a poll so if I have ballsed it up I apologiseThanksSix
You assume everybody uses the software in the poll.I can't even answer the ?'s.Worst poll ever!

I don't use poker software. I'd rather play than figure out PokerTracker and I certainly don't use PokerStove and such. Why? Personal choice and laziness. Ultimately, I think my game will be better for it, but that's my opinion.

i only use poker software like pokertracker/gametime when i'm multitabling. otherwise, i only check my pokertracker stats occasionally to see if i'm misplaying certain hands consistently.

Do I use poker software?No, and I'm not even thinking about it.Could I win without poker software?I do, and fairly consistently.Get to the back of the short bus.I wonder what kind of software Daniel uses. Probably the biological kind. I've heard that if properly configured, it can make you millions.

Do I use poker software?No, and I'm not even thinking about it.Could I win without poker software?I do, and fairly consistently.Get to the back of the short bus.I wonder what kind of software Daniel uses. Probably the biological kind. I've heard that if properly configured, it can make you millions.
This is more along the options I was looking for.
You assume everybody uses the software in the poll.I can't even answer the ?'s.Worst poll ever!
you know you've sunk to a new low when Fluffdog is Flaming you!

i agree terrible poll.none of the choices described my situation.1) yes, sometimes2) yes, i win when playing live and online w/out software3) short bus, but i sat in back so was still cool

When playing online Daniel did mention that he downloaded pokertracker, in his blogs about Dreamclown and their headsup action. I just recently downloaded pokertracker. I was a winning player before but I find that its useful because somethings that I used to have to keep track mentally gametime does it for me, like how tight someone is and how often he raises. As for solely going on those stats to make my decision, you might eventually find yourself playing like a robot. Pokertracker is to help you analyze situations and to provide easily assessible information. I don't know how many of you guys have seen Greg Raymer write in a little book during the WSOP in which he won but he obviously records something. having more clues to your game and your opponents cannot be detrimental. Unless like I mentioned earlier you start playing like a robot.Daniel Negreanu remembers hands he plays in his hands quizes to be analyzed later and figure out the optimum play. Pokertracker and software like it might help you find more situations that needs to be discussed. Secondly he always seems to be keeping records of how much he won and hourly rate and what not. Even from his earlier pro days (as from his articles)Overall $55 is not a killing on your BR. Think of it as buying Super Systems and another book. Sure you can win without it just like you can win without books, but its all about learning and getting better.

Yeah, for someone like me who never uses any software I can't actually answer number 2.
I realized that after I posted it but there is no way to change the poll once it is submitted.My apologies
Thank you for your feedback fluff, greatly appreciated.It may be the worst poll ever but it still has over 100 votes.I did apologize in advance if I messed it up but aparantly that does not concern you.Please be my friend fluffdog, I don't want you to hate me :club:

The topic's intriguing enough to get people to click, but the poll's still terribly written and the OP specifically asked for feedback, so it makes sense to tell him.A better written poll would have been something like this:How does poker tracking software effect you?-I don't use it-I use it, but only to track results-I use it to get reads on opponents sometimes.-I always use it to get reads when I play, but I don't really feel like I need it-I'm highly dependent on it for my reads of opponents and find it crucial to my game.

The topic's intriguing enough to get people to click, but the poll's still terribly written and the OP specifically asked for feedback, so it makes sense to tell him.A better written poll would have been something like this:How does poker tracking software effect you?-I don't use it-I use it, but only to track results-I use it to get reads on opponents sometimes.-I always use it to get reads when I play, but I don't really feel like I need it-I'm highly dependent on it for my reads of opponents and find it crucial to my game.
Thanks Iggy, I will keep that in mind.
Pokertracker and software like it might help you find more situations that needs to be discussed.
Exactly, instead of immediately putting up hands for discussion as they happen, which detracts from your concentration on the hands following that, with pokertracker storing those hand histories, you can easily come back and do it later, and probably find even more hands to post than you would've normally.