is smasharoo the undisputed lhe expert

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't call him 'undisputed', but personally I respect his opinion a great deal.Honestly, smash, akishore, wrto/idiot, Iceman, cdddc, RISE, KDawg, Petoria, and Custom have all helped me improve my limit game a lot.Oh, and absolute is helpful too, but he doesn't post enough.

*sniff* I wasn't included in your list of names...Smash is a good player. As far as being the expert, everyone has a different way of playing. There isn't usually one correct or incorrect line to take in certain situations. Sometimes more aggressive people will play a hand differently then a more conservative player. Both may be "correct" but finding what works for you is the most important thing.

He's not the undisputed expert, but he is a damn good player. He often takes positions at odds with all the other experts on the forum.If you really want lots of good advice, try www.twoplustwo.com

Smash is good. He tends to play by SSHE, with a little less aggression (at 0.25/0.5 L stars). Maybe he's more aggressive at 3/6.He's a very logical player, who knows the reason behind his moves, however right or wrong they may be.

I think smash is a good player who gives good advice. There are many who post here in strategy who fall under that category. As a player now beginning to play limit HE, I thank him and the others for various advice.

I don't mean to imply that he is or isn't.I've observed several threads where he gives a quick summary and others "see the light" or almost excuse themselves for disagreeing. So it's safe to say that he is well respected and thoughtful.Others are likely just as strong/winning players, but I felt Smasharoo's advice got special consideration. Perhaps, I should add "for x style of play..who's the man? "..

and Custom have all helped me improve my limit game a lot.
Woot. If only my bankroll felt the same today. :(Anyway, no, he's not the undisputed expert. However, I think most in this forum recognize that he's a damn good player.
*sniff* I wasn't included in your list of names...
Yeah, mono...I'm sorry. I didn't mean to leave you out. I knew I was going to forget someone. But yes, you have been very helpful also. I appreciate your insight.

I think KDawg, Smash, and Idiotbocs are the first-tier LHE players/advisors on the forum. After that, there's a group of people that usually give sound advice.

I think KDawg, Smash, and Idiotbocs are the first-tier LHE players/advisors on the forum. After that, there's a group of people that usually give sound advice.
I'd throw akishore, absolute and wrto into there, as well as some others I'm sure I'm forgetting

Smash ain't that great. But don't tell him I said that!! [sw]Half the time he'll give decent advice, but the other half he'll just tell you that No Limit is for suckers, or just tell you that you screwed up without telling you how to fix it. It's like, thanks for telling me something's broken, now what the fck do you want me to do about it???Honestly, KDawg, WRTO, and Akishore are MUCH better at explaining theory than Smash, IMHO. I've probably learned more from those three than everybody else combined. Lemme say that I have absolutely nothing against Smash at all and I do respect his advice. But he is far from the be all and end all, and many others will ALWAYS explain to you why it is that you should have handled a play differently. Oh and, I'm not sore or anything for not being included on the list Cobalt.... :wink: [sw]

I'd throw akishore and wrto into there, as well as some others I'm sure I'm forgetting
wrto=idiotbocs
I'd throw akishore and wrto into there, as well as some others I'm sure I'm forgetting
wrto=idiotbocs
wrto=idiotbocs
how bout that 8)i wondered how a newbie commanded such authority
i wondered how a newbie commanded such authority
Yeah... I was actually about to post a couple of times asking where the heck WRTO went. I was starting to miss seeing John Travolta shoot at me whenever I made a lousy play!Anybody know why he switched screennames?
I'd throw akishore, absolute and wrto into there, as well as some others I'm sure I'm forgetting
Akishore doesn't post enough in strategy, and he still defers to KDawg, Smash on a regular basis.Absolute's an ass. WRTO doesn't post here anymore. If he does, it's under an assumed name. If he posts under an assumed name, I'd probably include it in the top-tier.Ice
WRTO doesn't post here anymore. If he does, it's under an assumed name. If he posts under an assumed name, I'd probably include it in the top-tier.Ice
as it's been stated above, wrto4556=idiotbocs
WRTO doesn't post here anymore. If he does, it's under an assumed name. If he posts under an assumed name, I'd probably include it in the top-tier.Ice
My sense of humor is probably too dry for most.Ice
My sense of humor is probably too dry for most.Ice
you suck at life
Oh and, I'm not sore or anything for not being included on the list Cobalt.... :wink: [sw]
You're definitely moving up the list, Bean.I mean, I respect almost everyone on here...including a lot of people that I feel are "fellow students" (econ, Actuary, Jayson, DKE, etc). I tried to list most of "teachers" in my original list. That's not to say that the teachers aren't also students and vice versa. Just kind of a general perception thing, I guess.
Oh and, I'm not sore or anything for not being included on the list Cobalt.... :wink: [sw]
You're definitely moving up the list, Bean.I mean, I respect almost everyone on here...including a lot of people that I feel are "fellow students" (econ, Actuary, Jayson, DKE, etc). I tried to list most of "teachers" in my original list. That's not to say that the teachers aren't also students and vice versa. Just kind of a general perception thing, I guess.
You're stumbling all over yourself. :club: