"Kanata" is Indian for "village"
I thought Kanata is the Native word for Canada?
I thought Canada was about the size of a village?
Just kidding guys...I live in Kansas City but I was born in Ontario. Just a little play on words. Sorry to ruffle so many feathers.

It is a native word for village. It was just the first place the europeans asked where they were and they were told they were in the village and thought it applied to the whole area.

It is a native word for village. It was just the first place the europeans asked where they were and they were told they were in the village and thought it applied to the whole area.
Did the word Canada derive from Kanata? For some reason I remember my Dad telling me it did when I was a kid.

Bleh, couldnt get lucky during the rebuy period. Made a semi donk move on the turn with 3 other players in the hand after they called large portions of their stacks to my preflop raise. My 7's lose to A9. Flop Q69, checked around, turn another 9. I figured this was either a really good card for me or a really bad card because I didn't put anyone on a queen. I pushed and got called. Was fun to blow off steam.