I would like to have my wife join in on my hobby. I depsoited 600 for her in a party acct so she can play some 1/2 HE. I havn't played that low in a long time and feel Jen Harman's section in SS2 wouldn't apply to the games she will be playing. Is there any advice i could pass on to her or any books that would would be helpful for that kind of game. Thank you.

I think that jens section in SS2 would be good as long as she realizes taht someone is not going to fold bottom set in a 1/2 game just because it was 3 bet pre flop
How do you have a set preflop?

Ed Miller's Getting Started in Hold 'em would be a better first read than SSHE. Have her read Miller's book, then force feed her SSHE.Personally I think its a bad move teaching your significant other poker, but go ahead...

SSHE will make your wife want to kill you and then herself. Eventually yes, but I would start with something like Killer Poker Online: Crushing the Internet Game, by John Vorhaus. It is not the greatest book for theory, but It is a great introduction to the game and what kind of mindset her opponents will be in.

I think that jens section in SS2 would be good as long as she realizes taht someone is not going to fold bottom set in a 1/2 game just because it was 3 bet pre flop
Three BET, not trips, dodohead.
"fold bottom set" illiterate retard.
I would like to have my wife join in on my hobby. I depsoited 600 for her in a party acct so she can play some 1/2 HE. I havn't played that low in a long time and feel Jen Harman's section in SS2 wouldn't apply to the games she will be playing. Is there any advice i could pass on to her or any books that would would be helpful for that kind of game. Thank you.
I think that she should have to learn on her own. If you are always trying to make her learn, then it will not be any fun for her and she will come to resent it. If she is enthusiastic about the game then help her and give her the tools to make her better. If she is not, however, then let her be on her merry way. In my not so humble, and maybe less brilliant opinion, she should play and get a feel for the game to earn a desire to want to learn before reading hypothetical situations that may or may not arise on a given day.
I think that she should have to learn on her own. If you are always trying to make her learn, then it will not be any fun for her and she will come to resent it. If she is enthusiastic about the game then help her and give her the tools to make her better. If she is not, however, then let her be on her merry way. In my not so humble, and maybe less brilliant opinion, she should play and get a feel for the game to earn a desire to want to learn before reading hypothetical situations that may or may not arise on a given day.
yeah, only chuck norris could have trips pre-flop...